And I didn't regret it

Wouldn't Change A Thing

"Today ith warm." Sehun murmured to himself as he took off his shirt and folded it, proceeding by putting it all nice and tidy on the grass before lying down. He laid flat on his back and rested under the warm sun, surrounded by nothing but silence and peace.
He gazed up at the sky, the grass he was lying on felt chilly against his . His hands were resting casually behind his head while his head was rested lazily over his palms. He could feel the sun wash over him as he slowly closed his eyelids, taking a deep breath and inhaling the scent of the flowers around him. And then, he fell asleep. The stillness and peacefulness around him made his body relax after a long morning; tense muscles being soothed down and he finally gave in to the calm surroundings.

Luhan walked over to the field he and Sehun always met. He walked by a huge flowerbed and admired its beauty, careful not to step on it and ruin the little blooming flowers that decorated all around him.
He spotted the familiar figure of his friend at the distance and a bright smile spread over his face. He dashed quickly to Sehun's side only to notice the latter was sound asleep. He stood there frozen, looking at Sehun with his big doe-like eyes, not sure if he should wake the other or not. His eyes scanned quickly over Sehun's form, only then noticing the younger's bare chest, and a small blush crept to his cheeks. He covered his mouth as if it would somehow help him tune down his breathing because suddenly even that sounded too loud for his ears. He was afraid that any noise he might make will wake up the other and right now all he wanted to do was watch Sehun sleep.

Sehun's eyelids rested calmly, occasionally fluttering lightly in his dreamy state. Luhan's own eyes didn't seem to notice it though. He had been gazing at the other's lip for quite a while now. He had long given up on the idea of standing like a statue and was now sitting down beside the younger and as gently as he could manage, he let his fingers brush against Sehun's cheek, too tempted to stay still.
He didn't know how he fell so hard for the one who was lying down next to him, but he did. And those feelings he had been carrying had been torturing him for so long. Luhan's move was risky, touching Sehun though the latter might just wake up any second now. But he didn't care. He hid his feelings for over a good, solid, year and eight months by now. Yes, he kept count; it wasn't that hard considering the fact he remembered exactly when he fell for the other.

It was April, actually, first of April. Luhan's friend played a prank on him, only they /slightly/ over did it. They thought it'll be funny to scare him with a ghost story while they were all in some old, abandoned building off in the middle of a city Luhan was not so familiar with. After they finished with the story, there was this one guy that they apparently made him dress up as a demon or monster or maybe a ghost…whatever it was, beforehand. And it was terrifyingly good. That guy, dressed as a monster already, stuck a knife to Luhan's throat and whispered to his ear "You're next".
The problem was, the idiots had a real knife and Luhan was really scared. He tried to jerk away, his face was as white as a wall and his usual big doe-like eyes were just like two golf balls that looked as though they're trying to escape their sockets. His scream was so loud and terrified it could probably turn one's blood cold and it rang through the abandoned building those 'good' friends of his brought him to. His scream was even louder when that movement of his caused the knife to break skin and leave a small, clear cut over Luhan's neck. He started crying, bawling his eyes out and begging for mercy but his so-called friends were so shocked by the sudden turn of events, that they fled. They fled, ran away…and left Luhan alone in the dark, deserted structure.
Luhan kept crying for what seemed like forever until he heard a voice; "Hello?" the voice said, "anyone there? I heard thcreaming. I…umm…I live acroth the thtreet and I wanted to check if everything'th okay". The voice of the lisping guy grew louder as the stranger walked towards Luhan.

**

Sehun dreamt about the day he met Luhan, again. He kept having this dream ever so often for some odd reason. The dream was about that one April's fool. Ever since he was young he was used to the fact that on Halloween and April's fool screams would be heard from the building across the street, usually from people that decided to scare themselves or prank their friends with all horror and fantasy, stupid stories and legends about the place being haunted or something…though the only thing haunting it were those people and perhaps some rats…
But that specific night, the scream was something different, and it made him jump in surprised. His skin crawled at the horrible screech. This sounded, awful… like someone was being murdered or something… it wasn't a playful or a shocked yelp where you could imagine it being followed by laughter and people telling each other how freaked out they were; this sounded like it was serious, like the person was really and utterly scared.
Sehun dressed up and left his apartment, heading towards the three storage, yellowish building. Even on the outside the building looked intimidating. Broken windows on the decaying structure, mold spreading from the rooftop downwards, cracks spidering up over the cement. If this was the outside, he wasn't sure he wanted to know how the interior looked like. He never was really curious about this building and honestly as a kid he was more than terrified over it. He never wanted to go in, but if someone really was in trouble there, he felt like he should. He wasn't sure whether to call the cops or not because this was something that usually happened on regular occasions. He remember that when he was little, his mom called the cops once but they never showed up, they dismissed her by telling her it's probably just a few punks that decided to have some fun or something like that. Well he was already there so he better make that brave leap. When he stepped into the building he decided it was too late to think about calling for the cops. And if trouble were happening here, it's better if he comes in now and not wait for the police who might show up a little too late. Or worse, not show up at all. He walked further into the dark, gloomy building, following the sound of sobs down the hall of the first floor. He came to a stop in front of an apartment door that was slightly ajar, the sobs sounded as if they came from that place. He opened the door a bit more and walked inside. Once in, he called out; "Anyone there? I heard thcreaming. I…umm…I live acroth the thtreet and I wanted to check if everything'th okay" but before he managed to get a reply, his eyes landed on a curled up figure on the floor, a guy as it seems, and he was bawling his eyes out. The guy's eyes opened wide, huge and puffy as they stared at Sehun through tears and Sehun could just barely manage to spot a small cut down the guy's neck, staining his collar just barely. Sehun was so shocked that without even thinking things through; he ran to the guy and pulled him to his arms for a hug, which apparently made the other's sobs grow even louder. For a second Sehun thought he might have hurt the guy and was just about to pull away as the stranger's arms suddenly s around Sehun's body, his fists clenching to Sehun's shirt while a small mix of a whimper and a plea escaped the guy's mouth "please don't leave me here alone".

**

Luhan hadn't even known Sehun's name back then, for him he was a total stranger and could have easily taken advantage of the guy's poor state, but until today he didn't regret a single bit of what he did. He didn't even regret the cruel prank itself because if it wasn't for it, he would have never met Sehun.
"Please don't leave me here alone" he whimpered to a guy he didn't even know. He was so scared to be left alone in that place. He didn't even know where he was. His friends brought him there and honestly this was a part of the city he had never been to. He barely left his neighborhood so he didn't know much about the city he was living in for most of his life. He had /no/ way to get back home on his own. His phone's battery died a bit earlier that night and he didn't even bring money with him for a cab because he didn't think he'll need one, his friends were suppose to be his ride but they left him here all alone with no way to find his way back home… they really didn't think things through as they ditched him at this deserted building, didn't they?
"I promithe" Was all the stranger with the lisp had whispered back in the most soothing tone. The sat in the dark for hours, almost until dawn, barely exchanging any words except for the occasional soothing words from the stranger to the sobbing mess in his arms.

Somewhere there, in between the darkness, coldness and the suffocating air filled with mold and what not. Between the cries, sobs and comforting words. Luhan fell for the guy.

**

Sehun remembered how long and cold the night grew out to be, but he didn't care. For some reason the younger felt the need to stay beside the stranger, not daring to move from his side. He had to make sure all those tears will dry out and never stain that beautiful face of the guy he was holding, ever again. This is when he began caring for a guy had never even met before. He didn't even know the guy's name but he already cared deeply for him. And at that night they became best friends.

**

Luhan sighed quietly. For almost two years he had been feeling this way yet he had not spoken even once about it, he didn't even dare to think about putting his feelings into words out loud…too afraid of losing the guy he loved as a friend in case the other did not return the same feelings. He was too scared to drive Sehun away that he couldn't even manage the guts to consider confessing.
Suddenly Sehun shifted, causing Luhan to jump slightly in surprise until his eyes landed on the former again. Sehun's head was slightly tilted toward Luhan, his lips just barely parted but he was still sound asleep, breathing calmly and unsuspecting of the whole mess of emotions that rushed through Luhan's body just at this sight. The small, calm breaths of the younger tickled Luhan's wrist as his hand was still resting on Sehun's cheek.
What he was going to do was wrong and he knew it, but he couldn't help it anymore. A year and eight months?! And all he wanted was just one... just one taste of those lips to keep him going. Just one time. One kiss. He had to have this one time….

He leaned down slowly, his cheeks turning slightly warmer, and their color slightly pinker. His heart started pounding furiously in his chest, threatening to break out of his rib cage as he planted a soft, shy kiss on Sehun's lips.

 

Just this once he wanted to be selfish, to force his will down, and he didn't regret it.