Tired

Just Us (For Now)

2

 
 
Kyungsoo woke up to his dad dancing and singing to Girls Generation. And to eggs and bacon. Which only occurs when something special has happened. Kyungsoo walked out of his room and sat on the table attached to the kitchen.
 
"Why are you so happy?"
 
"What do you mean? I'm always happy" Baekhyun gave him the usual 'good morning' kiss on the head and set the breakfast next to him.
 
"Dad... You're dancing to Girls Generation. It only means one thing. So spill it." His dad usually spits out whatever's on his mind, Kyungsoo doesn't need to try hard to pry into his dads life.
 
"Well, you remember Luhan right?" Kyungsoo nodded his head. Luhan had helped Baekhyun when Kyungsoo was brought to the world and was even considered to be family. "He set me up on a date with really hot guy. His name is Daehyun."
 
Date? 
 
"But... You're old..." Kyungsoo got a light smack on the back of his head which made him choke on his eggs on toast.
 
"Yah! No I'm not! I'm only...thirty-five... Okay that's kind of old but still, I look cute for my age." Baekhyun pointed finger to his cheeks as an attempt to prove his point. It worked for him.
 
"So when's the date?" Kyungsoo coughed a bit as Baekhyun patted his back and slid him a glass of water. 
 
"Tomorrow." His dad seemed more smiles and giggles than normal today which would make Kyungsoo's day better already. Even though he wasn't 'interested' in his dad's dating life, he felt delighted at his dad's fortune, but a sorrowful feeling about his father going to be with someone else was lurking.  
 
Kyungsoo went through the first half of his day with his accustomed aloof face and glare. Sometimes he wonders how he can look so threatening when his dad looked like a puppy. Maybe his deceased dad was ugly? 
 
He was the first one to arrive at his groups usual table-which is abnormal because Chen is there first almost all the time. He took a quick scan around the lunchroom and spots him at another table. Junmyeon's table to be exact.
 
Finally. Kyungsoo went ahead and got his lunch and texted Minseok. 
 
To: Minseok 
 
From: me
 
Chen's finally talking to Junmyeon. God is real
 
 
From: Minseok
 
To: me
 
 
Picture!!!!! Or lies!!!! Ps sorry I'm late but ms.kim is nagging me
 
 
Kyungsoo pointed his phone at the scene obviously. Not like I'm trying to be secretive.
 
 
To: Minseok 
 
From: me
 
*picture message* 
Here's your proof and hurry up I look like a weirdo taking pictures of people
 
 
From: Minseok
 
To: me
 
 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ON MY WAY
 
 Kyungsoo put his phone away when he sensed Chen coming. He looked saddened as he walked toward Kyungsoo "The cart's closed!" Kyungsoo grunted and moved on.
 
"The lunch cart is closed and I'm hungry. Feed me" Chen pined at the lunch cart but Kyungsoo was not yet willing enough to share his own lunch. 
 
"It's your fault that you missed it"
 
"Feed me!" Chen looked like he was going to legit cry and Kyungsoo doesn't want to go through the trouble of conforting his friend. I had a good breakfast, I'm okay.
 
"I can't help it. I must take care of my friends since they don't know how to function in the world." Kyungsoo gave him half his sandwich and an apple.
 
"Kyungsoo, I love you"
 
"Yeah yeah." He said pushing away the gratitude. "Anyway, so... Junmyeon?"
 
"So... Jongin?" Chen copied Kyungsoo's manner. "There isn't much time left, ya know?" Chen bit his apple and threw the sticker label on Kyungsoo. "Tell him." 
 
"I have not and will ever have plans to confess to him." Kyungsoo continued eating his lunch unaffected.
 
"You're just going to give up on him?! You should at least tell him you like him!"
 
"No that'll just make it weird. He's going to feel guilty and just push me away. Then I'll have to watch him go off someone else's face."
 
"You should just let him know. Maybe he'll reconsider."
 
"There's a .000000000000000- I don't know how many zeros, but it's highly unlikely. And weren't we supposed to be talking about Junmyeon?"
 
"Let's wait until Minnie gets here." He sighed. "Your love life makes me depressed. What happened to little brave Kyungsoo who punched that kid in first grade? You used to be brave!" Chen grew exasperated with Kyungsoo's stubbornness. "I'll die never knowing that Kyungie will be taken care of by someone who can actually put with him- OW!" A loud smack was hit on Chen's head. Like father and like son right?
 
"Don't call me Kyungie."
 
"But your dad calls you that"
 
"Well only my dad can"
 
"I'm your dad."
 
"Haha, then I'll finally have the closure of why I'm half ugly."
 
"You're not ugly. Hey wait, that was an insult-" Before Chen could get him back, Minseok had came and cut him off.
 
"Hey guys sorry I'm late. Ms.Kim thinks I talk too much, it's more like the other way around. Anyway, Chen and Junmyeon?"
 
"Alright, alright. I woke up today thinking 'today will be the day'. I got dressed and ate pancakes with-" Then again, Chen always gets cut offed.
 
"We want to know what you said to Junmyeon, not your life story." Kyungsoo doesn't try to sound mean, but lunch ended in fifteen minutes.
 
"But it's a story it will lead up to it. Anyways, I didn't write down notes and the test is tomorrow you know? Like the antisocials we are, I couldn't just ask anybody in class. I only had one person: Junmyeon." 
 
"I see where this is going and I take back that text. God is in fact not real."
 
"Wait!" Chen huffed. "So I was asking for the notes and I worked my charms on him and we're going to study at his house Saturday!"
 
Minseok and Kyungsoo clapped sarcastically. "Impressive." Minseok remarked.
 
"Better than Kyungsoo's game." Chen commented in a soft voice.
 
"What was that Chen? You want to be hit? You're into ? It's disturbing how you want to be hit by a friend, maybe I should warn Junmyeon." Kyungsoo teased Chen by standing up and slowely heading to Junmyeon's table. 
 
"Wait! No! Kyungsoo don't do this to me!" Chen grabbed Kyungsoo's leg trying to stop him.
 
"I was kidding anyway, calm yourself." I'm associated with children. But I love them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Title is called tired bc im tired. I havent posted bc i havent had time to edit and proof read my chapters sorry about that but my exams are next week and im doing a buttload of studying and im dead inside uwu
a little over 1k words this is more of a filler chapter ew but should pick up next chapter and im guessing my update days are thursdays ok (tbh i hate this chapter hnnnnnnnnnnn) goodnight
 
I almost forgot but Omg thank you for subscribing I love you and coments and upovotes all of you guys are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!