Prologue Part I

Just Us (For Now)

Prologue 

Age 11
"Hey Kyungsoo, where's your dad?" 
 
Kyungsoo knew somebody would ask. It is bring your parent to school today. He came up with a quick excuse.
 
"He's too busy...being cool." Why am I so lame?
 
"What about your other dad?" He heard some snickering behind him. Were they joking around? 
 
"Well... He's busy too." That should do. 
 
"So nobody came? What parents you have."
 
The bullies began laughing at him. Kyungsoo wished the adults would notice but they were to busy bragging what superior middle school they're getting their kids into. Students around the classroom started staring at the the scene. Kyungsoo has had enough.He shot straight up from his seat and punched the kid in the face. He just punched him. He didn't think about how his dad would be upset with him or the fact that he'll get suspended. The kid bullied him so he deserves it. Kids were in awe that Kyungsoo, the quiet kid, hit one of the 'cool' kids.
 
 
That's how Kyungsoo became popular.
 
 
 
 
Age 13
Kyungsoo was standing close to the school building to not get rained on. His friends parents offered to take him home but he rejected them politely. He promised. He's started to regret not accepting their offer. Ten minutes later he finally came. He may be late but he kept his promise like always.
 
"I'm sorry Kyungsoo, they needed a bit of help before I left, it was so busy today." Baekhyun smiled with his eyes in the shape of a crescent moon.
 
As expected. He was going to give a joking scold but he noticed his dads tired eyes and weak smile. Not today. He held his dads hand and gave a reasurring smile throughout the ride home.
 
"It's okay dad."
 
 
Age 15
Baekhyun finally got a day off and decided to surprise Kyungsoo with a warm home cooked meal. He should be home soon since it's snowing out. He can't wait to be with his son for a day. Suddenly he hears the door open. Finally,
 
"Baby!" he extended the a sound. "I made your favorite." he walked to the door to greet his only son but instead of a cute doe eyed boy, out came a gruesome face on his son.
 
"Kyungsoo... What's wrong?" Kyungsoo's usually cheerful. It was awfully strange how down his face looked. He was silent for a few moments until he parted his mouth open.
 
"Where's," he hesitated while clutching his jacket "Where's my other dad?" 
 
Baekhyun had expected to hear those words sooner or later. He came up with hundreds of excuses and chose the one that pooped into is head first. 
 
"He's gone. Forever." He couldn't tell the truth. Kyungsoo hugged his dad tightly. Kyungsoo had accepted it and cried for the loss of his dad. Baekhyun cried from a broken heart.
 
 
 
Age 16
"Dad, how do you ask someone to date you?" Kyungsoo was twiddling his thumbs nervously while avoiding to look at his father in the eye. Baekhyun snapped his head to look at his son. His baby. He's growing up too fast. 
 
"You like someone?" Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow at Kyungsoo.
 
He begins to blush. "Yeah, I guess so." He mumbled out his words.
 
"Omo" Baekhyun pinches his sons cheeks. "My cute, baby Kyungie isn't a baby anymore! What are they like? Are they cute? Oh, you should secretly take a picture of th-" 
 
"I asked for advice dad, I really need help." Kyungsoo pleaded. This was not the moment to make his son even more embarrassed.
 
"Well.." Baekhyun thought very deeply. He's never asked somebody out before. "I'm not sure Kyungie, I'm also not very good with these kind of things. Now that I think of it I was quite shy." He gave a side smile. I did try.
 
"Wait what about dad? How did he ask you out?" Everything stood still for several moments. Baekhun became tense and looked very awkward. 
 
"He just decided to go out with me. It wasn't anything special. Anyway let's get something to eat, does Italian sound good?" 
 
 
Kyungsoo decided not to ask Baekhyun about his dad anymore.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Part II will be about baekhyun and chanyeol but I probably won't post another chapter until either tomorrow or the day after.