Notes

Odd One Out

Yoona was sweating profusely. She thought she was going to be fired, but it turns out she was called for a promotion. She was yet unsure if this was a good or bad thing.

On their way out, she had asked Krystal, “this isn’t a joke is it?”

Krystal looked at her in wonder. She gave an encouraging smile. “What are you talking about? You’re her assistant now.”

Yoona managed a small smile. “Thank you.” She breathed.

“What made you pick me?” Yoona asked.

“You’re one of the people who can keep her on her toes. She needs someone like you. You’re road together may be a bumpy one, but I believe you’re made of one of the toughest stuff out there and you can keep up. She can be difficult at times, but I know you can help her.”

“What makes you think I can do that?”

“I just know.” Krystal gave her a knowing smile.

Yoona scratched her head as a response. This girl was being too elusive.

“Okay, anything I should know when it comes to Ms. Jung?”

“Just call her Jessica.” I don’t think so. “Well, I expect you to push her forward and to get things done. That should be it.” Krystal gave Yoona an encouraging pat on the arm before she turned the corner.

“Good luck!” She exclaimed with a fighting arm gesture. 

----

A/N: Very sorry for the delay. I've been catching up on internship hours over the weekend.

Sorry they're short. Sorry if I confuse you with the she and him and other pronouns.

To explain my side: I was planning on this being a genderbender, but when I finished writing two paragraphs I realized they were all 'shes' and 'hers', so I got too lazy and it turned out like this. You do get my drift? I've applied the cliched girl pretending to be a guy plotline. Uhm, not trying to offend anyone at all. So, let's see how things go. It's the first time I've used this device anyway so let's give me, the author, a chance. If I could not focus on that though, I would. But since it's there, we have to find a way around it. Now I'm rambling, forgive me. I Iack sleep.

Thank you for reading.