Reasons

Odd One Out

*flashback*

Jessica was playing with her swivel chair as Krystal continuously sighs.

“So, who’ll be your personal assistant?” Krystal asked.

“What do you mean?” Jessica finally mustered enough energy to focus on something other than her chair.

“Unnie I have a job.” Krystal stated matter-of-factly. “I can’t stay here to look after you.”

“Who says I need looking after?”

“You’re too lazy to move. You won’t have anything done.”

Jessica’s eyes turned to slits. Still there was enough sense in her to concede.

“Fine, look for one. Get one from the airport staff.”

“Any preferences?”

“Pick the odd one out.”

“What?”

“Just do it.” Jessica snickered.

*flashback end*

 

Jessica glared at Krystal and turned her swivel chair around. She remained in that position for an entire minute before facing the two again.

“It’ll be a trial run. If you deliver, you stay. If not, you go.”

Yoona had this questioning look on her face prompting Jessica to explain further.

“If you don’t do well, you’re fired.” A look of panic crossed Yoona’s features.

Krystal interjected. “You can’t fire him. You don’t have that authority. Plus it’s gonna be my fault since I chose him.”

“Oh, right. Why is he the odd one out?” Jessica asked. Yoona broke into a cold sweat.

“He’s the only employee below 30 years of age.” Yoona let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding.

Jessica looked pensive for a moment before again turning around in her swivel chair and declaring, “You’re both dismissed.”

Krystal rolled her eyes as she ushered Yoona out.