Called out

Odd One Out

Yoona was pushing another batch of carts when the black-haired girl called her.

“Mister, Ms. Jung requested for you in her office.”

Yoona was momentarily baffled before she remembered she was the one the girl was referring to. She pliantly followed her to the head’s office.

Her brain was doing somersaults. No, I can’t be fired. This is the only job I’m qualified to do. I won’t get accepted anywhere else. No, no no no no. Why did I have to be self-righteous at that moment? I… I

Once they reached the office, the black-haired girl closed the door shut and left her in the middle of the room.

Ms. Jung faced her. She wasn’t wearing sunglasses now which made her look slightly less threatening.

“Wait, aren’t you?” Ms. Jung began.

“Ma’am, I’m sorry about earlier. I was rude. I’m really sorry.” Yoona instantly went on a defensive. She was about to kneel as an almost inaudible “Please don’t fire me” was heard.

Ms. Jung almost hadn’t heard it. She was about to stop him when a brilliant idea came to her. She quickly changed her stance.

“Why shouldn’t I?”

“Please Ma’am. I’ll do anything.” Yoona was almost in tears. This was the only job she could do.

Just as Ms. Jung was about to go further, the door burst open. Krystal saw the man on his knees. She quickly pulled him up. Yoona appeared shaken.

“What’s happening?” she asked Jessica. To which the girl just shrugged indifferently.

Yoona whispered “am I being fired?” a lone tear escaped her eye. Krystal was alarmed.

“Unnie!”

“Okay, okay, fine. I just thought of teaching him a lesson.” Jessica grinned.

Krystal lightly hit Jessica on her shoulder. “Yah! Give the poor guy a break, he didn’t even hit you.”

Yoona tried to regain her composure as she managed to croak out, “So I’m not being fired?”

Krystal spoke up, “No, you aren’t. You’re going to be her personal assistant.”

“Yah! Who said you could choose?” Jessica complained.

“You did.” Krystal stated with a smug grin. 

----

A/N:

Happy Birthday Jessica! I wish there were still birthday gatherings. I would certainly make an effort to be present.