Chapter 3 Last Chapter

Don't Go

A/N: Do listen to the song "Please don't go" - SHINee while reading.

Chapter 3

Jonghyun returned home after a week. He went overseas without telling Onew. It was a holiday trip and he went with another person, another guy, the guy that had cause his heart to change. But during his trip, he could not help but to think of Onew.

Whenever the guy pouts, it reminds him of Onew.
Whenever the guy laughs, it reminds him of Onew.
Whenever the guy smiles, it remind him of Onew.
Whenever they hold hand, it reminds him of Onew.
Whenever they hug, it reminds him of Onew.
Whenever they kissed, it reminds him of Onew.

Every single thing they do just reminded him of Onew.

Everything.

He entered the cold lifeless house and announced his present, “I’m home.”

Echo replied him and no one else. The cold dinner was not found on the dining table anymore, a layer of dust showed how long it had not been used. He checked the kitchen but there was no sign of the older one. Jonghyun proceed on to the study room and received the same result. The shared room was next and still no sign of Onew.

Did he decide to leave? Jonghyun quickly checked the closet, not a piece missing. Perhaps he went to out to buy some stuff. He went over to his phone which was off for the past one week. At first he just did not want Onew to contact him as he was not ready to face the problem yet. But eventually, he end up having to force himself not to contact Onew even if he missed his voice.

125 missed call.
8 voice message.


He was surprised by the number of missed call he received, but he was more surprise that all of the missed call was from Taemin and Minho. Only one was from his lover. Did Onew give up on him already? His fingers started pressing on keypad to play the voice message.

The first voice message.

“Goodbye Jonghyun, my love.” His heart clench and hands trembled a little.

Did he know that he went on a trip with another guy? Why did he say goodbye out of the sudden? He continued on listening to the rest of the voice message, maybe the two dongsaeng knew where he went to.

The second voice message.

“Onew hyung committed suicide and come to the hospital now!”

The third voice message.

“STOP AVODING MY CALLS! I will find you eventually, no point hiding from me.”

The fourth voice message.

“Do you know that Onew is waiting for you? He has been staring at the door non-stop, hoping you would just appear. And you are being a stupid jerk to not realize how great Onew hyung is and leave him for another. If you still have a heart, come to the hospital now.”

The fifth voice message.

“You bastard, ing bastard. Do you know how much Onew loves you? Do you? How can you be so cruel to him? It does not hurt you to just visit him. You are not at loss at all. But if you don’t visit him, he might…he might just…suicide. Just see him one more time, even if is the last time.”

The sixth voice message.

“Please Jonghyun hyung, I begged you. Onew really needs you. He can’t live without you. Just come to the hospital now, please.”

The last voice message.

“Onew hyung…he…he…tried to kill himself again. If you don’t see him quick, you will never get to see him again.”

The last voice message was send not long ago. Jonghyun quickly rushed out of the house and speed off to the hospital.

Jonghyun was running at the fastest speed he had ever run in his whole life. The door of the ward swung open with him standing there panting hard to get enough oxygen in his body. He took his first step into the room and find Taemin crying hysterically on Minho’s shoulder.

No…It can’t be…

He took another step and look at the lifeless body left on the hospital bed.

Please…don’t…

“Sorry, we did our best.” The doctor explained walking out of the ward.

He’s dead.

Taemin released himself from Minho’s arms, marching off towards Jonghyun. The maknae grabbed on both side of his collars angrily, eyes was full of tears and hatred. The older one did not look at him, not even once. He just stared blankly at Onew, processing the fact that he was no longer alive anymore.

“WHY DID’T YOU COME EARLIER? WHY ? DO YOU ING KNOW HE WAS WAITING FOR YOU? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY DAYS HE HAD WAITED FOR YOU TO APPEAR? YOU BASTARD!” A powerful punch landed on his right cheeks

“Do you know the kind of feeling waiting for someone to appear? After waiting for seven day straight, not a call, no message nor a single word and this is the result for waiting faithfully? Even before he dies, he called for your name. Do you ing know that? He committed suicide a week ago, cutting his neck. He could not talk speak at all and yet the first and the last name he called was you. He still missed the cold blooded, cruel person who ditched him for some guy he met not long ago. that man. What good deeds have you done previous life to have such a person deeply in love with you? Onew fell in love with the wrong person, he really did.”

Jonghyun did not debate but stood up and plodded to Onew’s side. He had peaceful look that was one his face and the bandage around his neck was dye with the colour red. The tears that dried up left a stained on his pale face.

That was the last drop of tear he shed.

The younger one kneeled down beside his lover, holding on to his cold hands. He placed his hands against his face, imagining he was touching his cheeks for the last time. There were a lot of things he wanted to tell him. Too many to say. However, he would never have the chance to tell him again. Never. He regretted hurting Onew like that. He should not have left him. How could he selfishly push all the problems they shared to the older one? How could he just ran away with another guy and enjoy that week while Onew is left to suffer alone by himself?

He wasn’t worthy of his love, not even a little bit at all.

Jonghyun wants to atonement all the pain he had caused. But it was too late already. He was gone. If time could go back, he would stay by his side. He would never have the second thought of their love.

Because he knew, deep down inside his heart…Onew means a lot to him.

Onew was just like his Sun who will always be there to shine for his dark world. He never realized his importance until he was gone. There will not be any sunlight to guide him at his darkest hour, no more warmth provide during the cold seasons.

He is gone, gone forever.

A tear drop fell from his eyes and landed safely on Onew’s hands.

“Don’t go…”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The End.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The poster for this chapter is done by me :)

POSTER CREDIT FOR CHAPTER 1: ..::SooBi::.. @ SHINeeVN

POSTER CREDIT FOR CHAPTER 2:  vangmonie

POSTER CREDIT FOR CHAPTER 3: happyyoyo @ silent_creation (me)

 

Comment for the last time please :)