The Nine Thirty Rush Part II: Ordinary Love

The Nine Thirty Rush

It would be too much to say that Yuri and Tiffany hit it off right away, Yuri was nervous, having expended all her courage on asking to sit, she managed to be able to talk about nothing but coffee. Aish, Kwon Yuri there's more to you than that. she scolded herself. Tiffany giggled witnessing Yuri's inner struggle. 

"Yuri," she said looking straight in her eyes, "I like you."


Yuri was in a state of shock, mouth agape, eyes blinking but otherwise totally unresponsive. "R-really?" she managed to stammer out after a few moments.

"Yes, silly." Tiffany had to admit that Yoona was right when she said that Yuri could be slow. Slow but cute, Tiffany thought with a smile.

"Me too," Yuri said. 

"Yea?" Yuri nodded. "Okay then," Tiffany said pulling a pen out of her oversized bag, she drained her cup and popped the sleeve off of the cup and scratched down her number, "Call me when you get finished working," she reached out her arm, handing the card to Yuri, she popped up and left the cafe, tossing out her empty cup as she left.


It would be great to say that Tiffany and Yuri had some grand romance like something out of a novel constantly sweeping each other off their feet, but really it was quite an ordinary love, ordinary yet extraordinary. 

Yuri called Tiffany when her shift finished, Yuri stuttered and mumbled, but Tiffany's confidence got them through the awkwardness of both that first call and first date. They saw each other a few times, dinner, drinks, and movies. Every thing was progressing well. 

Then of course with the natural flow of things came the first kiss.

Tiffany had taken Yuri to a nice dinner after the two had meet up for a stroll through a park that was in the full bloom of spring. It was the first time that Tiffany was driving Yuri all the way to her home. They chatted about the food and the service at dinner. Yuri sat stiffly in the passenger's seat, its wasn't that she was uncomfortable around Tiffany, she knew that she was most probably in love with the girl, it was that Yoona had warned her about this, the first kiss thing. She was nervous, don't be so afraid, Kwon Yuri, you knew this would happen eventually and you know that you want it too. She tried to let her self relax and let things just take their course, she eased up a bit but her stomach still had that fluttery feeling as Tiffany pulled to a stop in front of the house Yuri had indicated to. 

Tiffany unbuckled her seatbelt, and got out of the car, in that moment when Yuri was alone in the car, she allowed herself to let out all the anxiety that she was clinging to. She unlatched her belt as Tiffany pulled the door open. Tiffany smiled, it was a big warm smile, Yuri, seeing that, was put completely at ease. Yuri felt her self being pulled up and into Tiffany's arms up more and their lips met. It felt good, it felt right, it was that easy, Yuri's first kiss, their first kiss, it was that easy and it was over, but Tiffany wasn't quite ready for that as she pulled Yuri in for her second kiss. 

The two shared many more kisses, many more dates and many more firsts. Enough time had passed and Tiffany wanted Yuri to meet her best friend, Jessica. Tiffany felt her confidence breaking as she lead Yuri into her living room where Jessica sat impatiently waiting to meet the goddess that Tiffany claimed she was dating. Is it okay for her to introduce Yuri as her girlfriend? Would she be mad? Would Jessica approve of Yuri? Would they get along? Tiffany, Tiffany, this isn't you. Snap out of it. It was a rare moment of doubt for Tiffany, second guessing herself, she didn't like it.

"Yuri, this is my best friend Jessica." Tiffany indicated to the girl lounging on her couch. "Jessica, Yuri, my... girlfriend." Tiffany almost choked on the word but it made it out okay for everyone to hear.

Jessica nodded cordially not yet passing her judgment on Yuri. While Yuri's heart did suffer a slight spasm, Tiffany had introduced her as her girlfriend, she had considered Tiffany as her girlfriend and herself as Tiffany's, but hearing it aloud with an witness, well, she could help but revel in the moment. 

The three spent the evening in sharing stories and some Chinese takeout, even Yoona joined them for a while before leaving and taking Yuri with her. As soon as the door slammed shut after the two left Tiffany looked at Jessica, "So?" she asked drawing out the 'o' an excessive amount. 

"She's alright." Jessica coolly stated. 

"Alright?" Tiffany repeated in disbelief.

Jessica laughed a laugh that few people heard. "Okay, I like her, she seems great for you." Jessica smiled, genuinely happy for her friend. 

Four months after that, a cute tourist tapped Yuri's shoulder on the street in front of the cafe and asked for directions. Tiffany watched as Yuri carefully tried to help the young woman navigate her way to her destination, taking the woman's map and turning it left and right trying to find their location and the woman's destination. After struggling a few minutes they had decided that she should take the first left and continue on that way keeping an eye out for certain landmarks and the woman was on her way. Tiffany was all but green with jealousy she was convinced that Yuri had been openly flirting with that woman. Yuri tried to deny it, to tell her she was only trying to help, but Tiffany wouldn't have it and she stormed back into the office building. Yuri wanted to run in after her and make a grand scene of affection towards Tiffany telling her that she only had eyes for her but a quick glance at her watch told her she was already late for her shift. Thinking that Tiffany would be back at the cafe in an hour for her usual latte, Yuri turned and went to work. 

Tiffany didn't come down from her office at nine thirty like she did every day. She didn't show for lunch, or meet Yuri at her break. After her shift Yuri sat out side Tiffany's office building until midnight waiting for her to come out, she never did. She must have left before Yuri got out she reasoned to herself as she dragged herself home. Before she rolled into her bed she texted Tiffany, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." She waited five minutes for a response an receive nothing. In on last effort she sent one more message. "Good night, I love you. See you tomorrow."

But Yuri didn't see her, the whole day Yuri just felt like crying. At first she cursed that tourist that lost her way, she must have been the one flirting with me. Then she turned her anger at herself, why did I have to help that stupid girl? After another evening of sending messages to Tiffany she finally got a response, "I love you too, see you tomorrow."

There were other arguments, many arguments, over things big and small, but there always seemed to be a make-up. They were in love, they were happy. Some days were happier than others, the day Yuri got a key to Tiffany's apartment, the day they first leased a place together. From time to time Yuri would get jealous and angry over Tiffany's successes at work while she worked at the cafe, other times she would feel like she was taking a backseat to some big project Tiffany was working on. But at the end of the day they would go to bed together and just lay in each other’s embrace, simply comforted by the other's presence.


So, it wasn't a storybook love story, but who needs a storybook and its over-the-top romance when you have already the best girl in the world at your side, Tiffany and Yuri agreed on this fact. 

Tiffany bounced into the cafe. "Yuri-ah," Tiffany pouted because she received no response. "Yuri-ah," she repeated a bit louder.

Yuri was fixing a drink for a customer, "Yes, Fany," she said not looking up from the machine. 

"I miss you."

A smile spread across Yuri's face, but she tried to play it cool, "Tiffany, I am right here." She placed the now finished cappuccino on the counter and smiled at its owner.

"But you are still so far away." Tiffany said.

Yuri stepped around the counter, "How's this, then?" she wrapped her arms around Tiffany's waist pulling her close.

"Better," Tiffany said blushing slightly.

"I'm going for my break," Yuri called to whom ever cared to hear, which at the time was only Yoona.

"Yah, you leave me alone back here, that's how you repay me!" she called out, but the words were lost as the couple had already stepped out of the shop.

"You know we ought to thank Yoona," Yuri said.

"Why?" Tiffany said plopping her self down on the bench at the side of the cafe. "She could have made it easier, that girl," she sighed looking at some dirt on her fingernails, "We ought to get her back" she said laughing. 

"Maybe you're right," Yuri agreed with a smile, taking up Tiffany's hand, but still thinking on what Tiffany had said. 

Tiffany scooted up on to Yuri's lap, "Let's not worry about that though," she said catching Yuri's lips in a kiss.  

After a few minutes, Yuri reluctantly pulled away, but Tiffany was quite insistent that they were not done and leaned in more. "Fany, I have to go back in."

Tiffany pouted, "Fine, see you after." The two got up holding hands and walked up to the cafe's door. Yuri walked in and Tiffany stood outside waving to her and Yoona before she happily headed back up to her office. 


::End::