The Nine Thirty Rush

The Nine Thirty Rush

The first time she saw her, as cheesy as it sounds, it took her breath away. It was during the nine thirty rush, customers were swarming the shop but this one girl took her breath away, it happened when she smiled it was something so beautiful, it showed such pure happiness, but as soon as she snapped her phone closed it was gone. Yuri felt something hot on her hand she looked down. Damn, I over steamed it.Forgetting about what she had just seen, she began to remake the latte she had just ruined.

"Iced soy caramel latte!" Yuri hollered into the crowd around the bar, and then she saw it a gain, such a raw smile. Yuri pushed the drink in the girl's direction giving her own winning smile to the girl. Her eyes followed the girl to the door, Yuri wondered if she'd ever see her again.

Yuri did see her again, everyday, sometimes more than once a day. Everyday the same drink, soy latte, iced when it was warm and hot when it was cold. Yuri noticed that the flavor would change with the girl's mood, on days she was particularly happy she would order caramel, on seemingly blah days it was vanilla, when she was angry mocha, and on one occasion she looked like she had been crying, she ordered it without any flavor. 

Each time she came in Yuri would try to arrange to be the one to take or make her order, she would calculate, even how to make it so that she could do both. She began to handle the money in such a way that she would drop it against her hand just to feel how incredibly soft and warm it was. Once she even 'accidentally' spilled the drink on her, that day she just happened to be wearing a rain coat, Yuri came from behind the counter to help her whip the coffee off of her water proof coat. She apologized profusely, even though she was dancing on the inside. 

Time went by and Yuri was able to collect information about the girl, she worked in the building next door, it was a large firm so she had no idea what she actually did inside the building. Her name was Tiffany, she loved Mondays always being cheeriest on those days. 

Yuri's coworkers began to take notice of her infatuation with the girl, Yoona jabbed her while she was watching Tiffany leave, "Why don't you say something to her?"

"I can't." Yuri said, she was fine with it, she was content to just see her and share one or two words everyday.

"You can, Yuri, you should." Yoona said shaking her head at her hopeless friend.

Her friend's words stuck with her, Kwon Yuri why don't you do something, for months you've been staring at the girl, get a grip and say hi to her sometime. The next day at the nine thirty rush the very same time she saw her, she gets her drink order, hot caramel latte. She's happy today. Yuri makes the order to perfection but before she's done she draws a heart on top of the layer of foam with caramel sauce.She cant miss this. Yuri is crushed when Tiffany snaps the lid on the drink not even glancing at it. Yuri tries again and again, she never notices.

"You're being too subtle," Yoona says watching her friend pout for the seventh day in a row.

"Then what should I be doing?" Yuri asked but her friend was gone. "Some help you are Im Yoona!" 

She turned around to be greeted by two crescent eyes and that bright smile she dreamed of every day. "Hi!"

"Soy latte?" Yuri asked.

"Yep with caramel," Tiffany says.

"You got it," Yuri responded. Should a say something? "You having this here today?"

"Yea, I need caffeine and a break," Tiffany confessed heaving her shoulders in an exaggerated sigh. Yuri was confused caramel was for happy days.

"Yuri, take your break now!" Yoona called from the back room.

Yuri finished Tiffany's drink, took her money, and poked her head in back, "Yoona, come watch the front then." Yuri pulled off her cap and apron, she grabbed a bottled water from the cooler. She gathered all her courage, she in one last breath, and walked up to Tiffany.

"May I sit with you?" Tiffany's eyes quickly scanned the nearly empty cafe. Yuri's heart was pounding so fast, the few moments felt like hours as she watches Tiffany's face.

"Sure," Tiffany responded smiling.

The two began to chat. Yoona rest her elbows on the center of the counter cradling her face, which was covered by a big silly grin, as she watched her two slow friends finally start their first conversation.
------