sticky sweet

the world that they only know

Sticky Sweet in Cafe AU

 

Wendy was definitely having a bad day. The worst bad day that ever happened in her entire life.

First in the morning, she woke up really late than usual –well, she usually woke up sharp on 5:00 but not today when she scrambled on her bed which made her landed perfectly hurt on the floor when she realized that it’s already past 7. Her heater wasn’t working, and she screamed and shivered during the whole shower because it’s freaking cold.

Her hairdryer malfunctioned when she needed the most which leaving her beloved brown locks in utter mess of slicked wet while her uniform missing a button on the upper top, making her looked a little exposed over her neckline.

And all the bad things happened all at once such as she forgot to bring her purse making her ran all the way back to her apartment when she was half way from her workplace, a stray dog had almost got her bitten when it suddenly chased her down the street (which was actually a good idea – she ran and arrived at the café just in time, well not before she received a free lecture and nags about policy of punctuality from her manager, Kyungsoo).

She got her hand burned when she didn’t realize that hot water came out from the tap –in which she forgot to switch the tap into a cold mode, she's never that clumsy, actually.

The cake icing went completely wrong and horrid when she put rock-sized salt in it and her famous carrot cake didn’t get to be present in the display glass (she’s pretty sure she was too depressed of reverie when she didn’t realize the difference of the salt’s size, but then it’s impossible, though).

Also, it’s getting much wickedly tragic when she accidentally tripped on her untied shoelaces, splashing a whole giant plastic mug of strawberry milkshake from the tray that she’s holding in which tactlessly sprawled over a customer’s shirt, a very hot guy and surprise gasps were clearly heard inside the space.

(Please god, don’t let the spawn of Satan fires me. Not today, just not now, Wendy prayrf for the mercy of herself.)

And god unexpectedly granted her wish right away when the guy could only give a smile of forgiven when he helped her stood up instead of cussing at the sudden mishap that she caused. His shirt was completely drenched with sticky, sweet beverage. Kyungsoo panicky ran to the guy and apologized at him all over the time over his employee’s clumsy condition, she couldn’t lift her face up even an inch because of overloading embarrassment and also she may encountered a deadly stare from Kyungsoo that may rip her soul away.

“I’m really sorry. I promise that I’ll learn my lesson to be more concentrate in my work. I would do anything to redeem my mistake. Once again, I really am sorry, sir.”

The sticky sweet guy (not only because his shirt being ruined with sticky sweet milkshake, but his smile resembled the sticky and sweet type, to Wendy) had just walked out from the restroom after getting changed with one of her coworker’s spare shirt but she could still smell the strawberry milkshake, and she immediately bowed straight into a perpendicular line, apologizing at him earnestly.

Go out with me.”

His sudden words perked Wendy up from her bow and jaw dropped abruptly with widening eyes of tremor –what did he just said?

Wendy gulped nervously down before eyeing at him assumingly, “excuse me?”

The latter chuckled lightly and she'd never thought he had this charming laugh. His smile grew wider with his cheekbones lit up at once and eye-smile formed over his handsome face.

“Go out with me for a date and I’ll forgive you. Easy, right?”

For the next second, she didn’t see a smile on his face because it looked more like a smirk, sending dozens of butterflies into her ribcage. The scent of strawberry lingered even more and she wasn’t sure about that scent coming from the spilled milkshake or he just smelled like strawberry.

Everything seemed to stop in motion, likely time frozen completely when Wendy just realized how her heart started to thump loudly beneath her chest for the first time ever.

And maybe, today wasn't a bad day after all.