oo1

Searching for Immortality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

I entered the room accompanied with the clacking sound of my sleek black stilletos. I placed myself on the twirling chair, sitting with my legs crossed. I twirled the pen in my hand as I placed my elbow on the table. The room was still lightly dimmed, not to mention a little bit cold to my likings. It gave off an eerie feelings since the first I entered this room two years ago. But time flies. Thing changed. So do I.

I smirked when I heard two pairs footsteps surfaced at the back of the door. A hand pulled the knob open, and the clacking sound echoed throughout the room. I twirled my chair facing the door, at the right time, the door opened swiftly, and there, stood two guys.

One raised his eyebrow and smirked. "Doing good, noona?" He swiped his shiny black hair to the side, and walked—almost cat walking, to his own seat. 

 The taller one snorted in disgust, before directing his eyes towards me. "Have you been waiting?" He asked me. I shook my head in response and turned my chair again now facing the smirking monster before me. I shrugged the urge to scratch that smirk from his face, and concentrate with twirling the pen with my delicate fingers. Kris had already seated himself on his respective seat. He turned his chair facing me. "How's your recent task?"

I frowned at his question. "He's down," I answered reluctantly. Honestly, he brought my mood down. I leaned back into the chair, and twirled around solely.

"Min Yeonhee," he called me with a stern voice. I sigh and rolled my eyes, annoyed. "Oppa, you know I can handle this." I faced him. There was no longer the lighter vibe between us. 

"You know oppa care about you," Care? Did you know if I'm happy with all of these? Truth is, I'm not! I don't want to kill people anymore. It's not entertaining as it used to be. I used to like the job, proud of my skills, for knocking them down within couple of minutes, but it haunts me down into my dreams. Sometimes, I even see some image of those people I killed. Some had their eyes being bloodied, some had their throats slashed. And there's even one time I saw, it cause me to scream frantically inside my apartment. There stood beside the vase, a perfect body structure but his head was blown off from a 7WSM Rifle bullet. 

"I'm not in the mood to talk about this, oppa," I shrugged him off. 

"Let her rest, hyung," the younger one talked, after being silent for a few moment.

"Thanks, Kai." I whispered, not forgetting to wink sassily. He nodded.

The other male had stood up, leaning his buttocks onto the side of the table, his hands were crossed in front of his torso. "Whatever, guys. Remember, Yeonhee, I don't want you to quit this job." His head tilted sideways and our eyes met. 

I breathed in to calm myself before tearing our gazes away from each other. "I'll not quit," I declared. My heart dropped as the words left my mouth very smoothly, as if I don't have any problems with it. There it goes again. The suffocating feelings. It crept into my mind slowly. I buried my face into my hands, on the table to hide the tears that were threatening to came out. My heart clenched as silence accompanied us around the room and none of us had the courage to talk anymore.

The sound of the door opening and closing brought us back to reality. My head shot upwards towards the direction where it came from. Kris went back to his respective seat as the man came into the room. Each of us turned serious, and even Kai has wiped the smirk off his face. The man has his Prada suit on his body, with the scarf wrapped underneath the black coat. He strode towards the table, his footsteps echoed through the room one by one.

He's another reason I'm tied to this. 

Sangjoong had saved me from a life-threatening situation. He found me when my parents' house were in flames because of some inevitable accident. He heard my cries at the corner of the room and strode into the house. Thanks to that, I'm still alive until now. It's fortunate. My parents were both killed in the incident, and I don't have anybody else aside from him. So, he took care of me since then. I was trained and turned into an unbeatable assassin. The trainings were all intensive, but he didn't forget to give me love, which I lost it since my parents were gone. Everything he had given me was unrepayable.

Ever since then, I vowed not to turn my back on him.

 But things were getting hard. I had killed them without getting caught, it's almost contenting, seeing your outcome—the victim was killed without me getting caught, it came out beautifully. But counting from day to day, I was reminded that I had taken another soul again. It's cruel. It's mean. It's odd. It was never my thing from the beginning.

But it's a life I have to face. It's not like I have another choice to have a path this way. 

After all, the world was never fair to begin with.

"New target. Different, skilled and dangerous. Definitely not an easy one," Sangjoong's voice interrupted my thoughts suddenly. I turned my chair and rest my elbows on the armrest. My eyes narrowed as a photo appeared on the screen. 

"CIA Special Agent in Investigation. Trained in United States for two years before persueing his career in Seoul, Korea. Now, disguising himself as a wealthy, cruise captain." Sangjoong  paused and threw his laser pen onto the table. "This guy is definitely not a normal target we've been dealing all these years. He might have better skills than all of you combined," the air between us was getting tense. I saw Kris clenched his intertwined fingers, his eyebrows met at the center. "Distance headshots was never an option because this guy, somehow, had a sixth sense, I know it sounds lame, but trust me, he was tempted to be killed that way before—in fact, he was many times tempted to be killed. But all comes to an extreme failure." I raised my eyebrows in amusement as the fact absorbed into my head. My eyes searched towards his profile.

Name: Kim Taehyung

Age: 21 years old

Height: 178cm

Weight: 58kg

I didn't bother to look at the rest of his profile; it was all stated briefly from Sangjoong. Instead, I drifted my head towards his picture again. He has ashy brown hair and a cute pair of eyes. He's attractive for a CIA agent, who is well trained in States, I can already tell he's a womanizer. 

"So in this case, we won't be using our normal methods. We need to lure the out of him," he paused to direct his gaze towards me. "Min Yeonhee, make yourself as Park Junhee and play." 

Kris and Kai had snapped their heads towards me. My eyes widened in horror as Sangjoong directed the task towards me.

I can kill, I shot extremely accurate, but playing with people's feelings was too damn cruel and I couldn't bring myself to that extent. Heck, I was never met with any of my targets before. I could either break their necks within couple of minutes, or shot their heads off from a building next to their overly luxurious apartments.

I raised my hands in defeat. "No, no, no," I said repeatedly, each syllable is getting unbearable for me. "I can't play with his feelings," my words were then accompanied with the shake of my head.

Kris stood up and went beside my seat. I shot up from my seat. "No, oppa, I won't. So, stop." I gave him one last glare before I stormed out of the room.

"Hey," a voice called behind me suddenly. I turned around only to see Kai, holding coffees in both of his hand. He offered me one of the cups and I accepted it gladly. We sat ourselves on the bench silently, letting the wind played with our hairs in unison.

"Noona, I know you're mad," he started. "If you think it's too bad for your own likings, think of doing it for Sangjoong,"

I sighed shakily. My nerves were a little bit calm after his presence. 

"Truth is, he didn't do anything wrong," my head shot towards his direction. "Then, what is the reason he's killed for?" I asked, the anger slowly rising up inside. We had never killed innocent people before. Most of the time, we were given the task to kill gabenors, rich and corrupted people, even mayors. But if he hadn't done anything wrong, I didn't see the need for him to be killed. That's just cruel. All these times, I'll always console myself that all the people I'm going to murder is bad themselves. I better take action before karma does. So murdering them was a little bit bearable. But still, cruel. 

"He has the thing." He said.

My eyelids fluttered. So that's why. 

The thing.

It was said that its ability is to cure every sickness, disease, or flaws a human can have. Up to this state, not everyone has the knowledge about it, or simply, the government had taken a step, not to spread about it.

It remained a top secret, only certain people around the world know about it.

There were some rumors, though. It somehow spread in the internet, mostly amongst geeks or myth obsessed. But other than that, nothing. Like a fact with unsupported proves, it died down as time goes by.

Some believed it exists. And it is in the hands of The Illuminati. They said it is called The El Dorado. Where one said that it is a precious stone, with an unbelievable ability to cure.

But that name rather sounds ridiculous. So we just called it The Thing.

"He's sick, Yeonhee.” Kai’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts. “You know that. His voice is getting an octave lower every day. It's a bad sign. It's incurable. We need that thing." He said desperately, talking about Sangjoong. Kai was also saved by him. His parents were abusive, and he was found at the side of the street, where he was abandoned.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter