oo2

Searching for Immortality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

The wind ruffled throughout the neighborhood, adding more sounds to the nature’s serenity. The moon was shining gloriously in between groups of stars and dark clouds. Some houses were starting to switch off the lights but somewhere between the roads, there stood a couple laughing, so cheerily, so happily. Their laughs echoed throughout the neighborhood accompanied by dogs’ barks, and screeches of fighting cats.

The girl couldn’t stop herself from giggling, when her boyfriend told her nasty pickup lines, which was so unfamiliar to her ears. The guy, however, didn’t seem to want to give up so quickly, tried to falter his girlfriend my some more speech he had often used to so many girls he had dated(for a week or two?) before.

And he really wanted her to fall for him. But it’s pretty hard.

She’s making him crazy.

The girl rolled her eyes so many times. She was surprised her eyesight could still handle it. Her feet were already bare, as she took off her crimson red heels. Her hair was tied in a messy bun, yet some strands of her hair managed to make their ways towards her face. She was so overwhelmed by her boyfriend cheesy attempt to flirt with her, yet still having her pride up high.

So she just laughed at him.

Seeing his girlfriend child-like laugh, he couldn’t help himself to join her as well.

It was a fun day for them. Started with hanging out at an ice cream parlor, smudging each other’s faces with creams, strolling throughout the night-market, probably buying some things that had already ended up in their stomachs. And eventually, end up in the guy’s neighborhood, cackling crazily like no tomorrow.

Little did they knew, that fate had seemed to decide that they were not meant to be together.

It took only three days, for them to finally date, considering both had attractions towards each other. Met at the club the first day, and then coincidently met at a shopping mall the next day, they exchanged numbers. They took a short stroll then, getting to know each other even more, before the guy’s father called him to get back home to put off a fire he started. They continued that night, though, with the teasing calls he made, sometimes cute emojis texts and cheesy, like very cheesy lines, until both had to sleep at three in the morning since her boyfriend refused to hang up. Not that she wanted to, though.

Somewhere between those, both realized they had fallen in love.

 

Yeonhee supported her body with both of her hands clamped on her kneecaps. “Ahh! It’s a tiring day!” she wailed out, her voice travelled between houses.

Her boyfriend chuckled, and right on the cue, she snapped her head towards his directions, giving him a dissatisfy glare. “What are you laughing about?”

He shrugged nonchalantly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter