Chapter 1

Hate You Love You

 

“Hyuna! It’s true?” Yura ran towars Hyuna.

“True what?” Hyuna frowned.

“You had engaged? With Yixing as known as Lay?” Yura eyes widen.

Hyuna sigh and nodded.

“Wahh! Daebak. I thought you hate him.” Yura take a sit beside Hyuna.

“I do hate him. Every time I saw his face makes me want to punch his face. Arrgghh!” Hyuna punch the table and lay on it.

“Then why do you agree to be his fiance?” Yura frowned.

“My family and his family had arranged it.” Hyuna spoke lazily.

*****

“My head going to burst.” Lay hold his head.

“Why? She’s cute.” Suho spoke out.

“What? Cute? Are your eyes okay?” Lay look at Suho blankly.

Suho shook his head and frown.

“What am I going to do? Tell me Suho.” Lay shook Suho’s body.

“Yah! You ruin my uniform.” Suho pushed Lay and fix his shirt.

“You have to accept it. It has happen right? Nothing you can do.” Suho told Lay.

Lay disappoint and sit lazily.

*****

“Mwo?!” Hyuna half scream when she saw Lay looking at her.

“Mwo?” Lay raised his face.

“Ahh! How frustrate! You, don’t ever dare to look at me. You hear that?!” Hyuna pointed at Lay face.

“Who’s looking at you? Cehh, I don’t want to look at you either. Never.” Lay pushed Hyuna on her forehead.

“See? You look at me again. Wahh. Go away!” Hyuna crossing her arm then push Lay hard and walk away.

“Yah! That girl really makes me crazy.” Lay sigh heavily and stood.

Hyuna and Lay known as enemy since they first bump with each other. It’s happen when Hyuna accidently pour the drink at Lay shirt. Lay thought Hyuna was making fun of him and splash the drink on Hyuna’s face.

*****

“Uncle Lee, can we buy some ice cream?” Hyuna said as she sat in the car.

Uncle Lee is Hyuna’s uncle. He uses to live in London but take some time to visit Hyuna’s parent.

“Later. Your dad asked me to wait for Lay too.” Uncle Lee told Hyuna.

Hyuna sigh heavily and lays her head on the couch. Hyuna and Uncle Lee waiting in the car while listening to the music.

“I’m sorry I’m late. I have to hand in the book to the teacher first.” Lay said to Uncle Lee as he sat on the front chair.

“It’s okay. We’re heading to ice cream store first then we went to Mr. Zhang office.” Uncle Lee said.

“Ice cream ice cream, I melt you down like ice cream, ice cream ice cream I melt you down like ice....” Hyuna is singing.

“There’s no one going to melt on you.” Lay smirked.

“You better shut your mouth or I bung your mouth with my shoes.” Hyuna warn.

“Do it if you can.” Lay defy Hyuna.

Hyuna roll her eyes and take off her shoes.

“Open your mouth!” Hyuna hold on Lay’s collar.

“Yah! Are you crazy?!” Lay struggled.

“You’re the one who’s challenge me! Open up your mouth!” Hyuna force Lay to open his mouth.

Hyuna grabbed Lay face and about to put the shoes in his mouth but Lay take a step. Lay grabbed Hyuna shoes and throw it outside the window.

“Yah! Get it!” Hyuna pulled Lay hair.

Uncle Lee stopped the car.

“Enough both of you. Stop it. Uncle will take the shoes Hyuna.” Uncle Lee went outside to take the shoes.

“You’re the one who should take the shoes babo!” Hyuna pulled Lay hair even harder.

“Stop it! It’s hurt! You’re the one who’s start it!” Lay struggled to escape his hair from Hyuna grip.

“You the one who’s start it!” Hyuna yell and pull Lay hair.

Lay struggling and pulled Hyuna’s hair too. The car had full of their scream.

“It’s enough! We had to head there faster.” Uncle Lee scolds them and separates them.

Both of them holding their head and rubbed it.

*****

They stop at ice cream store. Hyuna take a lead, jump out from the car, and ran to the shop.

Hyuna took one big container of chocolate ice cream and a cone of strawberry ice cream. She loves to eat both of the flavors. The other hand, Lay took a cone of chocolate ice cream only. Uncle Lee took a cone of coffee flavor. After Uncle Lee paid it with credit card, they walked to the car.

“Hyuna, do you like to eat chocolate ice cream then strawberry?” Uncle Lee asked.

“Yes. That why I want the big one. I want to eat it when we arrived at Mr. Zhang office.” Hyuna said and ate her strawberry ice cream.

“That why you gain a weight.” Lay spoke out.

“No one wants to hear you.” Hyuna say and roll her eyes.

*****

“Ohh, you’re here already.” Mr. Zhang says and welcomes them.

Hyuna and Lay bow to Mr. Zhang.

“Come on, I’ll introduce you to my worker.” Mr. Zhang pulled Hyuna softly.

“Miss Choi, this is my son’s fiance, Hyuna. Hyuna, this is my secretary Miss Choi.” Mr. Zhang introduced Hyuna to his secretary.

Hyuna smile at Miss Choi and bow politely.

“You’re so beautiful. You’re lucky to have her Lay.” Miss Choi patted Lay’s shoulder.

Lay smile and look at Hyuna. Hyuna look at Lay and smile proudly. Lay roll his eyes and continue walking.

*****

“Mr. Zhang, I bought chocolate ice cream, want some?” Hyuna offer a bowl of chocolate ice cream to Mr. Zhang.

“Of course! Lay must been told you I’d love to eat chocolate ice cream.” Mr. Zhang took the bowl and patted Lay’s back with another hand.

“Here.” Hyuna gave another bowl to Lay.

“Uncle Lee, eat it up. It’s melting.” Hyuna told Uncle Lee and walked to the mini refrigerator in Mr. Zhang room.

“You’re lucky to have Hyuna as your future wife Lay. She so diligent, cute, and beautiful.” Mr. Zhang told Lay.

“I admitted it.” Lay say coldly.

“Hyuna, what are you doing there? Come here join us.” Mr. Zhang say when he saw Hyuna didn’t make her way to them.

Hyuna pointed to one area. There’s a cockroach in front of her. They laugh at Hyuna expression. Hyuna eyes widen looking at them. Hyuna slowly walk then the cockroach start to moving faster towards Hyuna.

Hyuna began to scream and cupped her face. The cockroach walks away.

“It’s gone Hyuna.” Mr. Zhang said in half laugh.

Hyuna still didn’t open her cupping face. She sat on the floor and search for tissue.

“You’re crying?” Lay frowned.

“Hyuna, it’s just an insect. It didn’t eat people.” Uncle Lee said.

“She really scared of cockroach did she?” Mr. Zhang asked Uncle Lee.

“Yes. When she still kids she didn’t scared of those things but when she began to grown up she scared of almost all insect.” Uncle Lee shook his head.

*****

“Why are you crying Hyuna?” Auntie Lee asked.

Auntie Lee is Uncle’s Lee wife and Hyuna’s dad younger sister.

“Cockroach.” Uncle Lee answers and fondles Hyuna’s hair.

Hyuna make her way to her room. She close the door and went to the bathroom. She washed her face and wiped it. She slowly lay on the bed.

“Ahh..he will tease me tomorrow.” Hyuna sigh.

Hyuna grabbed her phone and she got two messages.

          Don’t forget to eat lunch. Mrs. Kim

Hyuna smile and open another message.

          Cry baby. Scare of cockroach. Lay

Hyuna eyes widen and she about to throw the phone to the floor then she reply.

          So, what? Is it bothering you? Not right?! Babo! - Hyuna

Hyuna stand and throw her phone on her bed then make her way to the kitchen. After she had a lunch, she running to the front door. She went outside and sat on the swings. Hyuna love to swings. Then the rain began to fall. Hyuna stay on her place and still playing with the swing.

“Hyuna! Come in. it’s raining. You may catch a cool.” Auntie Lee said.

“I still want to sit here. Just go insides first, I’ll follow you later.” Hyuna said.

Auntie Lee shook her head and walks into the house. Hyuna smile bright when she saw the rain began to fall heavily. She swings higher.

“Babo! You catch cool if you stay there.” Lay say while holding a beg plastic and umbrella then walked into Hyuna house.

Hyuna eyes widen. She sighs and continues playing with the swing.

“Auntie Lee, my mom asked me to give it.” Lay smile and gave the beg plastic to Auntie Lee.

“Thank you. What is this?” Auntie Lee frowned.

“My mom bakes some cake and some biscuits. Have a try. I have to go now. See you again.” Lay bow and walked out.

“Yah! You’re so ugly when you wet.” Lay yell at Hyuna.

“Mwo?!” Hyuna roll her eyes, make her way to the front gate, and take the hose.

“Yah! What you trying to do?” Lay step back.

Hyuna open the pipe and chase Lay around. Lay ran towards his car but Hyuna block his way and pour the water at him. Lay sigh and discharge the umbrella from his hand then try to chase Hyuna. Hyuna’s eyes widen and pour the water again. Lay bite his lips and grabbed the hose then pour the water at Hyuna.

“I’m already wet stupid!” Hyuna smirk and cross her arm.

Lay splashed the water to her face. Hyuna shock then froze. She wipes her face slowly and push Lay. Lay fall on the grown. Hyuna turns Lay face to the grown and sit on his back. Hyuna pulled Lay’s hair hardly.

“Yah! Stop it!” Lay said.

Hyuna take the hose and pour the water all over Lay. Lay struggling but can’t do anything because Hyuna is on him.

“Hyuna! Stop it!” Uncle Lee ran towards them and separated them then pulled them to the house.

Both of them wet and Auntie Lee gave a towel to them then went to the kitchen to prepare some hot drink. Uncle Lee follows her.

“You look even uglier when you wet.” Hyuna told Lay and walk to her room.

Lay roll his eyes then went to the kitchen.

“Uncle, auntie, I have to go home now.” Lay said.

“Wait. Take a sip. It’s cold outside, chance your cloth first.” Uncle Lee said.

“No. I’ll get going like this. Thank you, it’s delicious.” Lay say as he take a sip then walked out.

*****

“Aaachoo!!” Hyuna sneeze.

“See. I has told you. We’re going to clinic later. Have a rest first.” Auntie Lee say and fondles Hyuna’s hair.

“Honey, you skipped the class for today. Omma told your teacher. Don’t forget told Yura and Lay, they might worried. Omma going to work now. Take care. Listen to Uncle Lee and Auntie Lee.” Mrs. Kim smile and kiss Hyuna’s forehead then walk out.

“Your parent didn’t know about you and Lay like cat and dog right?” Auntie Lee fondles Hyuna’s hair.

Hyuna slowly shook her head then sneeze again.

*****

“Where’s Hyuna?” Lay asked Yura.

“She didn’t come to school today. She catches cool.” Yura answered.

“Aaiisshh! Here, take it.” Lay gave Yura the cockroach.

“Yah! You know she scared of this right?” Yura hold the cockroach and use it to point Lay on his face.

“Yah! Have respect to your senior.” Lay pushed Yura’s forehead and walk away.

Yura sigh and throw the death cockroach into the dustbin.

*****

‘Thank God you didn’t appear at school today. Lay bought a cockroach today.’ Yura

Hyuna sneeze again when she read the message. Then she call Lay.

          “How dare you want to afraid me!” Hyuna

                   “So?” Lay

          “I’ll told Uncle Zhang!” Hyuna

                   “Cry baby.” Lay

          “Yah! You..Aachoo! I’m really going to told Uncle Zhang!” Hyuna

“Okay. Let’s make a deal. I’m not going scared you again and you will never said to told my dad. Deal?” Lay

          “Deal! Aaachhooo!” Hyuna

Hyuna end the call and waiting for Uncle Lee and Auntie Lee.

*****

Lay smile and put his phone in his pocket.

“Who is it?” Suho asked

“Hyuna.” Lay answered.

“What is mean by that smile?” Suho teased.

“Nothing.” Lay smile and take a sit.

“Then why you smile? Come on, tell me.” Suho said.

“You’re right Suho, she’s indeed cute.” Lay stared Suho.