02.

;` second chances.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a well-known doctor who specialized in pediatrics, Yifan's everyday life was quite hectic. He never ran out of patients since children always need constant care. If he ever dealt with a last one, he'd proceed to doing endless rounds inside the hospital he was staying. Then he would go to his office and spend his remaining hours finishing endless amount of his patient's paper works, studying some of them in case he needed to give them additional prescription. Yifan's full 24 hours a day was heavily loaded. He was not what some could call workaholic, but he's quite dedicated with his career. It's the only thing he could do to provide what his family needs.

 

Yifan barely had days-off. Being a doctor limits his time for his family, even for himself, so whenever he'd given some, all he does is to lay on the bed and wasting his time on his much-needed sleep.

 

But today was quite different.

 

The young doctor greeted the morning with a rather gummy smile gracing his lips, an unusual sight of him if someone would see. Still sprawled on his velvet bed, he reached out to get his phone resting on the nightstand just to check if today was really the day. April 12th. Ah, yes. He'd finally get to see his son again after long torturous days of waiting. Yifan made an uncharacteristic chuckle, obviously too smitten at Shixun. Without any further ado, he sat up, fixed his bed and made his way to the bathroom to do his morning routine.

 

"Good morning, Dad."

 

"Morning, Jongin," Yifan answered unconsciously as he passed the living room, ruffling his tousled morning hair as he yawned. But then he froze as soon as his mind realized there was something peculiar. Slowly walking backwards, Yifan stopped in the living room once again, only to stare at the 8-year-old kid nonchalantly slouched against his couch, a lollipop in his mouth and a console joystick in his hands.

 

"Jongin, how did you get in here?" Yifan asked in confusion.

 

"Mom dropped me off," the little boy replied casually, not even sparing his father a glance as his eyes were trained on the flat screen, obnoxious firing of gunshots blaring through the speaker. "She said she has to go somewhere again. Didn't tell me where."

To say that Yifan was annoyed was an understatement. He could already feel the growing headache at the left side of his head. He was irritated not because Jongin magically popped in his unit but rather because Jongin's mother didn't even notify him that she would be dropping his son off. Again. Yifan gently rubbed circles on his temple with his thumb. He shouldn't let this thought cloud his head. With a tired sigh, Yifan resumed his track to the bathroom. Might as well make himself somewhat refreshed before dealing to his newfound dilemma.

 

 

"Hello, Fanfan!" And Yifan visibly cringed at the call name. "How are you? Did you see Jongin there? I dropped him a while ago—"

 

"That's why I'm calling you right now, Jinah," Yifan cut the woman's speech off, obviously trying to restrain his voice from getting louder since Jongin was just outside the bedroom. "Why didn't you tell me that? You could have waken me up. That's the least thing you could do."

 

"But I'm already late with my appointment and flight, Fanfan," the woman reasoned out and Yifan swore he could hear her annoying pout through the phone. One of his eyebrows quirked up. "Flight? Again? Where are you going?"

 

"To London," Jinah replied with much enthusiasm, oblivious to Yifan's growing irritation. "I'll be... visiting a friend."

 

"Is that friend more important to you than your son? How long are you going to stay there?"

 

"Hey, he's your son, too. I don't know, dear. Perhaps three months?"

 

"Three months— are you kidding me?!" If it wasn't for Jongin outside, Yifan would already blast a string of curses. "You have a child in here but all you think is your leisure. You're not a freaking teenager anymore. I hope Jongin reminds you of that."

 

"My youth was stolen from me by your child. Guess whose fault is that?" And that made Yifan cease his words. "Look," Jinah continued. "I'm about to check in right now and I don't to fight with you about this. Just take care of Jongin for me, okay? Alright, I love you, Fanfan! Bye!"

 

 

"Jongin?" Yifan asked cautiously as he stepped out of the bedroom.

 

"Yep?" There spotted his son with the same position when he left him. He sighed and made his way towards the boy before he settled down next to him. "Seems like you'll be st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter