Sober Confessions (There's No Such Thing)

Of Crushes, Parties, and Ex-Boyfriends with Bad Ideas

Jungkook knew where the balcony was, he’d been here a few months ago when Jackson threw a party, so he didn’t waste much time maneuvering around the many people in the house and finding the large doors leading outside. It wasn’t that hard to find Taehyung after that, as he was the only one out there, leaning against the railing with his back to the door and a drink in his hand. Apparently he was deep in thought, or maybe the loud music inside covered up the sliding of the door, but Taehyung didn’t turn around when Jungkook opened the door and stepped out. The younger made his way over and leaned on the railing beside the other, startling him as he began to talk.

“It feels nice out here compared to the atmosphere inside, huh?” He glanced over and saw Taehyung staring at him, eyes wide and mouth slightly open in surprise. He quickly shut his mouth and looked away when he caught him looking, and Jungkook could see him swallow nervously, throat bobbing in an enticing way.

“Um, I thought you were… Weren’t you… Busy?” Even in the dim light being put off by the street lamps around them and the light behind them, Jungkook could see that Taehyung was flushed. Whether it was from speaking of Jungkook dancing or from the alcohol, he didn’t know.

“Well, I saw you leave and decided I wanted to come out here too.”

“How did you kn-“

“Hoseok told me,” Jungkook answered simply, shrugging his shoulders in feigned nonchalance. Inside, he was jittery and anxious, wondering what he’d do if he’d read the signs wrong and Taehyung wasn’t really interested in him. It was silent for a few seconds, then Taehyung wrinkled his nose.

“You seemed pretty busy dancing with that guy in there. Is that what you and Jimin meant by saying you were going to get laid tonight?” Jungkook didn’t have time to answer, because Taehyung downed the rest of his drink and continued as he tossed it into the bin near them, a sour look on his face. “I don’t understand you, Jungkook. One moment you’re hinting that you may be interested in me and the next you’re dancing with some guy and letting his hands wander all over you.” Taehyung turned and took a step closer to Jungkook, making the younger shrink away. A drunken Taehyung was an honest Taehyung, and there would be no going back now.

“I-“

“Let me talk, goddammit,” Taehyung pressed his hand against the younger boys mouth, efficiently shutting him up. “I’m not stupid; I’ve noticed Jimin trying to set me up with you. I’ve noticed that most of his comments are usually directed towards me. Or maybe I am, maybe I’m stupid enough to believe Jimin isn’t just being an because I’m hopelessly ing in love with you and I want him to be helping you act on your crush. Maybe I’m just ing stupid and really confused about everything, because apparently Jimin was trying to set you up with the kid you were dancing with and not me.” He took a step closer, causing Jungkook to take a step back, only to realize his back was against the balcony now, trapping him as he fished for the correct response.

“Taehyung-“

“Let me ing finish. I’d figured Jimin was just ing with me, since I didn’t think you were actually interested in me. This is why I didn’t want to come tonight, especially since Jimin brought up you being laid. I didn’t want to see you dance with anyone else, because I knew I wouldn’t be able to not drink after seeing that, and I knew I’d spill everything to you if you talked to me. And that’s exactly what ing happened, damn it. I was thinking that Jimin was trying to set us up at this party, but no. Here I am, confused and really ing hurt, and it’s all because of you, Jungkook.” Taehyung’s face was tinged red and he was squinting at the younger man in front of him, as if he was trying to figure him out. Jungkook his dry lips, a nervous habit, and his heart jumped when he saw Taehyung’s eyes follow his tongue. He wasn’t sure how to respond to Taehyung’s sudden admittance of his feelings, but somehow he got his voice to start working again and spoke.

“I like you,” he hated the fact that his voice broke when he spoke, but continued anyway. “When Jimin talked about me getting laid, he meant that he had an idea for me to finally get into your pants. Neither of us anticipated my dancing with Yugyeom, but I only danced with him to get you jealous, because I really, really like you and-“ He hadn’t been aware that he was babbling until Taehyung crashed forward and kissed him hard.

It took Jungkook a moment to melt into the kiss, place his hands on the other’s shoulders to steady himself as Taehyung slipped his hand behind the younger man’s neck to tilt his head back a bit, kiss him deeper, better. Jungkook whined when Taehyung bit his lip, allowing him entrance into his mouth, which the older greedily took. Jungkook could taste the bitter alcohol on Taehyung’s tongue, but right then, he didn’t care much. He knew he probably tasted of the vanilla vodka Yugyeom had handed him earlier.

Kissing Taehyung was like Jungkook had imagined it. The man’s lips were slightly chapped but still soft, demanding as they slid over Jungkook’s own. He kissed like he’d never get the chance to kiss him again, taking and pushing and tasting every bit of Jungkook enthusiastically. Jungkook only pulled away because he needed air, desperately, but drank in the sight of Taehyung in front of him, breathing hard with his face flushed and eyes glazed over as they roamed over the younger man’s features.

Suddenly, the atmosphere was almost suffocating, so passionate, and Jungkook attempted to avert his eyes from Taehyung’s intense gaze so he could steady his rapidly beating heart. His movement was stopped by the other man’s grip on the back of his neck, forcing him to stay still as Taehyung’s eyes bore into his, looking inside him as if to make sure what he’d heard was true before diving back in to kiss him again, gentler, calmer this time. It was as if he’d only needed another confirmation of Jungkook’s feelings to kiss him again. This time around, Jungkook responded just as eagerly as Taehyung, letting himself be pushed back into the wall beside the balcony as Taehyung pressed their bodies closer together.

 Jungkook wasn’t sure how long they’d kissed, or how long they would have kissed, had the door to the balcony not slid open and made them separate quickly in surprise, both of them red and flustered. Jimin and Yoongi stood at the door, both of them still as stone with their mouths slightly open in shock. Jimin recovered quickly, a large, smug grin breaking out on his face as he untangled himself from Yoongi’s grip.

“I knew it! Look how cute you guys are together! I need to take a picture!” Taehyung and Jungkook lunged at him at the same time, quickly snatching his phone away before he could take anything he might use for blackmail. Yoongi just watched, with an amused and knowing smile on his face. Taehyung glared over at Jimin, although he wasn’t actually that intimidating right then, blushing and pouting like he was.

“I’m not sure whether I want to thank you or punch you in the face right now, Jimin.” The man in question just smiled innocently, like he had no idea what Taehyung was talking about. Taehyung rolled his eyes and grabbed Jungkook’s free hand, the one not holding Jimin’s cell phone. “Don’t test me right now, dude,” he muttered, shoving past him. Jungkook caught Jimin’s gaze and the older grinned at him and gave him a thumbs up, mouthing “you’re welcome” while he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Jungkook grinned and wiggled his eyebrows right back at him as he shoved Jimin back into Yoongi and gave him his phone. Yoongi grunted a laugh before Jungkook disappeared through the door behind Taehyung, leaving the older two alone. Jimin turned around and gave Yoongi a smile so wide his eyes all but vanished.

“I feel so proud. Look at them!”

“Babe, you had one semi-good idea and let Jungkook and his friend do the rest. I think Jungkook deserves a lot of credit himself. And so do I! Where would this be without-“ Jimin cut him off by pressed his mouth quickly against the others in a chaste kiss, pouting as he drew back.

“Yoongi, don’t ruin this for me!” He was whining again, his specialty, but Yoongi just smiled.

“But you look cute when you’re aggravated.”

Yoongi!

Jimin!

“You’re so mean to me, Yoongi…”

“Oh, please.

“So mean!” Yoongi laughed and took hold of Jimin’s arm, pulling the younger towards him.

“How about you stop whining and kiss me?” Jimin giggled and complied, leaning up to press his lips to Yoongi’s. Back inside, Jungkook scoffed at the sight visible to them from where they’d stopped, just around the corner and out of sight.

“First time Jimin hasn’t argued with the person telling him what to do before doing it,” he commented as Taehyung snapped a picture of them on his phone.” Just in case”, he’d said when he pulled Jungkook to a stop just out of sight from the balcony. Jungkook turned back to look at Taehyung again, watching as he snapped another picture with his phone before lowering it and locking it in one fluid motion. When he looked up, he caught Jungkook’s gaze and smiled.

“So, where were we?” As eager as Jungkook was to kiss him, he had to laugh when Taehyung wound his arms around the younger’s waist, pulling him closer.

“Shouldn’t we find somewhere more private for this? Where we won’t be interrupted again?” Taehyung grinned then, his eyes crinkling cutely in contrast with the mischievous look on his face.

“Alright,” he said as he took out his phone again, “I’ll text Jimin and tell him that we’re getting a cab back to your place.” Jungkook let the other unwind his arms from around his waist and took his hand instead, the one not already busy sending a text to Jimin.

“You’re evil.” He couldn’t help the mirth in his voice as Taehyung began to pull him towards the doors, now in sight.

“You like it, don’t lie.” A smile pulled at Jungkook’s lips, threatening to split his face in half, and Jungkook was glad Taehyung was too busy sending the text to see.

“Yeah, I guess I do…” Taehyung looked up at him with a huge smile, and Jungkook could have just left it at that. But he didn’t. “I love bad es that’s my ing problem.” Taehyung raised his eyebrows at him, a look of disbelief on his face. It was almost comical the way Taehyung’s expression changed so fast, and Jungkook began to feel more relaxed. This was something he was used to, comfortable with.

“You calling me a girl?” Jungkook laughed, and Taehyung yanked him forward into his chest, playfully glaring at him as he did. “We’ll see if you’re still saying that once we get back to your place.” Jungkook shivered at the way Taehyung growled into his ear, and found himself being pulled forward again, out the door and into the cool wind.

Okay, so maybe Jimin had good ideas every once in a while. And maybe he wouldn’t shove him into a dumpster next time he was being annoying. Maybe. He would probably need to work on that.


Wooo, I finished it! I hope everyone enjoyed the ending, although there was no or whatever. I felt like writing a scene wouldn't go well with the theme of the story.

Thanks for reading everyone!