Dancing is Always the Answer (Maybe)

Of Crushes, Parties, and Ex-Boyfriends with Bad Ideas

The guys breathed sighs of relief as they piled out, pushing and shoving each other at the thought of fresh air. Jungkook pretended not to notice how Taehyung rested his hand at the small of the youngers back as they climbed out and let it linger there for longer than it was needed. Thinking about it might drive him insane as he tried to figure out what it meant. But before he could even take a moment to breathe, think, and maybe shift his pants a bit, he was being pushed forward by the others, their excitement contagious. Taehyung was now beside him, smiling as Hoseok joked about something Jungkook couldn't really care less about, and the younger by caught himself staring at the other man's lips, admiring the way they curved upwards. Someone one his other side elbowed him as they stepped up to the door and Yoongi rang the doorbell, and Jungkook looked over to see Jimin grinning at him, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. Thankfully, the door was flung open quickly to reveal a flustered-looking yet smiling Mark with a guy Jungkook remembered being called Jackson, the other laughing loudly as he clung to Mark's side.

"Guys, hey! I'm glad you all could make it, come in!" Yoongi pulled the other into a bro hug, forcing Jackson to let go in order for Mark to laugh and hug him back.

"Good to see you, dude! Sorry we're a bit late, we had a bit of a hold-up because of Jungkook's pants." Jungkook sort of wanted to kick the smaller man in the , but he restrained himself, mentally cursing as his face began to heat up with embarrassment. Mark's eyebrows raised as his eyes slid over to Jungkook, along with the eyes of his friend Jackson, and the youngest suddenly felt very, very exposed. Blushing, he looked down at the ground and avoided all eye contact as he felt the eyes drift over his legs.

"Well, I can see why. Damn, kid!" Jackson grinned at him and winked, then yelped indignantly when Mark slapped him across the back of the head.

"Come in and ignore him, he's annoying," the oldest said, paying no attention to Jackson's whining as he stepped aide to leave them room to walk in. As Jungkook moved to file in behind Yoongi and Jimin, his face still red, he felt a hand rest gently on his back again. He didn't have to turn around to see who it was, he knew who was walking behind him, and he could feel his heart beginning to beat faster. Again, it only lasted for a moment, but the heat on his back didn't go away, even when Taehyung slid past him to talk to someone he knew. Jungkook suddenly felt very awkward and alone, all his friends talking to people they already knew, or, in Namjoon and Seokjin's case, already heading off to find the drinks table. He could feel the eyes raking down his figure, and although he did feel quite uncomfortable, he was beginning to think the pants had been a good idea. The first good idea Jimin ever had, and probably the last. Maybe it was just the feel of the party around him, but he was finally starting to relax a bit, turn back into his real self. With a glance in Jimin's direction to make sure his friend was too preoccupied to notice his sudden disappearance, he made his way deeper into the crowd, searching for drinks and a familiar face.

He found the drinks table first, after passing his two older friends making out against the wall, and was mulling over which drink to get when someone called his name. He turned around and smiled widely when he saw who it was.

"Yugyeom! How have you been, man?" The younger grinned at him and pulled him into a hug before pulling away and handing him a drink.

"I've been doing amazing, and by the looks of things, you've been too. Who forced you to wear those pants?" Jungkook accepted the drink and took a sip, enjoying the sharp taste of the vodka.

"Psh, Jimin thought these were a good idea. And he wouldn't take no for an answer." His friend laughed, throwing an arm around his shoulders.

"I thought it would probably have something to do with him. You guys get back together or something? You finally stop pining after Taehyung?" Jungkook shook his head, elbowing the younger in the side playfully.

"Like I'd ever get with Jimin again. He's quite happy with Yoongi, trust me. I have to hear them when they come back to our place for the night." Yugyeom grimaced sympathetically.

"I feel you, I have to deal with Jinyoung and Jaebum all the time." He then gave him a mischievous look. "You never answered my question about Taehyung." Jungkook groaned and took another swig of his drink.

"Still no luck on my part. Why do you think I'm wearing these ing pants?" Yugyeom laughed again, but this time, he had a gleam in his eyes.

"I figured so much. Come on, let's try one of my ideas instead." Before Jungkook could accept or ask what he meant, his friend was throwing away their empty cups and pulling him towards the mass of people dancing in the middle of the room. "Just follow my lead, Kookie." Jungkook shivered involuntarily when Yugyeom pressed up against his back, breath hot in his ear.

"People are going to- Oh, wait," it hit him suddenly, and he realized what Yugyeom was planning, his eyes widening as he did. The man behind him just laughed, placing a hand on Jungkook's hip.

"Just hope your boy-thing is looking over here, getting an eyeful of you dancing with someone who isn't him, and let yourself have some fun. Either way, you get to dance and have fun tonight." Jungkook shook his head, but began to dance along to the beat with a small smile on his face.

"You should just be glad I like dancing enough that I'm not going to bring up the fact that you're probably doing this more to dance with me than help me get with Taehyung." Yugyeom didn't even try to deny it, shrugging his shoulders in a nonchalant way as he followed Jungkook's moves with ease.

"It's your fault for wearing those pants when you have such a nice and great legs. Plus, it's my turn to make a guy jealous for you and maybe get really close to you in the process. Remember how you helped me get with my last boyfriend?" It was probably the alcohol that made him lean closer to the other man as he laughed at the memory.

"Please, like I could forget. Good thing we're close enough as friends to not be completely awkward with each other after hardcore drunken making out to get some guys' attention."

"We may have been a little too convincing, remember how long it took you to convince Jimin that, yes, we were really just friends and we'd been drunk?" Jungkook groaned, still smiling.

"Almost a month! It took me proving you'd hooked up with someone else for him to believe me!" Yugyeom grinned, his perfectly white teeth showing.

"Hey, maybe it'll take us-" Jungkook cut him off with a snort and slapped his arm lightly.

"Fat chance, Gyeomi. I don't feel like explaining that again. Plus, this is Taehyung we're talking about, he'd probably think we were dating and not want to get involved." His friend grimaced, understanding immediately.

"Right, I forgot. He's not the type to really barge in on things like that, huh?" Before Jungkook could answer, someone sitting off to the side caught his eye and he smiled a bit.

"Hey, he's watching." Taehyung had a stormy look on his face and his eyes were glued on Yugyeom as he took a sip from his cup. Hoseok was beside him, probably giving him some unhelpful advice, if the playful smile on his face was any indicator. Yugyeom turned to look and grinned.

"I think it's safe to say he now hates me, according to that look he's giving me." Jungkook turned to look at the other man again and suddenly, Taehyung shifted his gaze to look at him and their eyes met. Jungkook wasn't sure what his own face looked like, but Taehyung blushed and looked away quickly, as if to hide something. He hated to say it, but it sort of made him happy that he was the one making those emotions flit across Taehyung's face. He watched as his friend turned around quickly and ducked away, muttering something to Hoseok before he left. Hoseok looked a bit confused at his sudden retreat, but then he looked back to where Jungkook and Yugyeom were still attached to each other and smirked, his eyes narrowing dangerously with knowing.

"Well," Yugyeom let himself draw out the word, "there goes your lover boy. Maybe you should go find him." Jungkook shot his friend a look as the younger slid his hand to rest on his waist and guided him off to the side.

"Please don't call him that, it sounds weird," he whined, wrinkling his nose. As they got closer to Hoseok, Namjoon and Seokjin seemed to appear out of nowhere, both still fully clothed, which was surprising, considering they'd been making out in the corner only a half hour ago. They both had the same look as Hoseok on their faces, making Jungkook feel a little unsettled.

"So is this what Jimin meant by saying you were going to get laid tonight?" Jungkook wanted to slap the smug look off Hoseok's face, because seriously, he was starting to get tired of all his friends being s. He was thinking about saying something sarcastic and smart, but Yugyeom spoke first.

"Nah, Jungkook wouldn't let me into his pants, even drunk and at a party. I'm lucky to get him to dance with me." Jungkook rolled his eyes, vaguely wondering why he always seemed to get into weird friendships. How many other people made out and danced with their friends to help them get other peoples' attention? He didn't know of any.

"So, you just gonna let Taehyung run away? Here he was thinking he'd finally figured out what you and Jimin were trying to do, and then you suddenly start dancing with some other guy and totally ignoring the rest of us." Seokjin wasn't quite drunk yet, and Jungkook could still see the slight concern for Taehyung lingering in his eyes.

"Where did he go?" He found himself asking, ignoring Namjoon's ing giggle and the little sound of joy Hoseok made.

"He said he was going to grab a drink and head out to the balcony to get some fresh air. You can ambush him there." Hoseok wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, causing Jungkook to blush and shove the other man away.

" off, Hoseok," he growled, although he wasn't really mad and he doubted he was intimidating anyway. Instead of giving the others any more attention, he turned to Yugyeom.

"Thanks bro. Wish me luck, 'kay?" Yugyeom nodded, a genuine smile on his lips that he didn't always show. He then grinned and gestured to his left towards a guy with blond hair, one Jungkook had noticed eyeing Yugyeom earlier.

"You go get your man, I'm gonna try my chances with this one." Jungkook rolled his eyes, but smiled and shoved Yugyeom in the other mans direction before walking away, towards the balcony, where his heart was waiting in Taehyung's hands. Waiting for him to either keep it or re-open the cracks.


Whew, finally got this chapter up. I've been so busy with school it's insane.
So yeah, I included Got7. You can probably tell by now. There wont be much more of them though. I should be finished with this story soon, thank you all for subscribing!