In Which Jimin is an (At Least to Jungkook)

Of Crushes, Parties, and Ex-Boyfriends with Bad Ideas

Okay, so maybe Jungkook was in love. Maybe, he couldn't be quite so sure yet. All he knew was that his stomach did jumping jacks whenever the other was around him, and whenever the other touched him, it felt like fire was spreading across his body, causing him to blush more than he'd once thought possible. It made it a thousand times worse that this guy was one of his best friends, because that meant he was around him constantly, yet he had to pretend his feelings for the other guy were completely platonic.The guy in question was his dancing teammate and partner-in-crime, Taehyung. It was ridiculous, really, because he'd known the guy and been close friends with him since they were 12. All the same, earlier on in what was his last year in high school, he'd started getting all these feelings, and not the good type of feelings.

He'd known he liked both guys and girls since he was 15, when he and Jimin had messed around with each other, tried things out, and started dating, so it wasn't like this whole thing was about him liking a guy. No, it was about him liking his crazy, pretty-much-best-friend, aside from Jimin. Taehyung, the guy who stared off into space, ate all types of weird things, talked too fast, was nicknamed the 'alien', and was prone to making crazy decisions. Sure, he was attractive, there was no denying that, but Jungkook wasn't sure how he'd managed to fall for a guy he'd seen do so many weird things in the time he'd known him.

Jimin was no help, either. When Jungkook had told Jimin about how he was feeling, after much pleading and whining from the other guy, he'd just started being a pain in the about every little thing having to do with Taehyung. Sure, this was the first crush he'd had since the whole thing with Jimin, but that really did not give his friend any right to be a jerk and bring up his crush on Taehyung with every chance given. Sure, Jungkook was glad his friendship with Jimin had somehow made it through even after their relationship of about four years didn't work out, but sometimes he really wanted nothing more than to shove Jimin into the nearest trash bin and leave him to get out of it by himself. He'd done it once already, and although he'd gotten a scolding from Namjoon and Seokjin afterwards, it had been totally worth it when Jimin shut his mouth for a while. But in the end, Jimin had gotten over the threat of being pushed into a dumpster again and was back to being a little . 

Lately, though, it seemed like Jimin was trying harder than ever to get Jungkook and Taehyung together. Jungkook figured it was probably because Jimin had recently started dating Yoongi and felt bad that he was in a relationship and his ex-boyfriend/best friend wasn't. He'd done everything from suggesting double dates to dropping obvious hints to the two of them whenever they were around each other. But Namjoon and Seokjin always accepted the double date thing and Taehyung was as oblivious as a puppy. Jungkook was pretty sure that even if he walked up and hit Taehyung across the face with a huge sign that read "I'm in love with you" in bold, neon, glowing letters, Taehyung still wouldn't get it.

He'd said so much to Jimin and the other had laughed so hard he fell off the couch before suggesting they actually do it and see. Jungkook still had a few strands of dignity left, though, so there was no way in hell he'd ever do something quite so obvious, no matter how many times Jimin have him those goddamned puppy-dog eyes and his stupid pout. He wasn't giving in this time. Honestly, he appreciated Jimin's efforts, but they weren't working and some of his ideas were crazy and wouldn't leave him with a shred of dignity left.

So when Jimin came up to him during their shared lunch off time with an idea, a huge grin on his face and a twinkle in his eyes, Jungkook was naturally wary.

"What is it this time? I'm telling you right now, I refuse to wear a shirt proclaiming who I'm interested in, and I'm sure as hell not going to buy him flowers. He's not a girl, goddammit." Jimin ignored his glare, focusing instead on his phone, where he was probably texting Yoongi, telling him where they'd decided to sit and eat their lunch. 

"Hey, both of those were okay ideas. At least I'm trying here! Pining after him and staring creepily at him isn't going to do anything, Kookie. But Yoongi and I think you're going to like this one. We stayed up late last night planning it." Jungkook barely looked up when Jimin's phone rang and the other began talking away to Yoongi on the other line, as he was pretty used to it by now. He also decided not to point out the fact that they probably didn't stay up late just planning this idea, because Jimin hadn't come back to their shared dorm last night. Picking at his sandwich, he stole a glance at his phone and bit his lip. The others would probably start showing up soon, including Taehyung, so Jimin had better get moving, or he'd have to explain when they got back to their dorm. Of course, as soon as Jungkook decided to stop picking at his sandwich and actually take a bite, Jimin decided to hang up his phone and grin at him mischievously. 

"We're going to get you laid at the party Friday night." A large bite of the sandwich went down the wrong way, and he could feel the burn of it al the way down as he began choking, coughing hard as someone hit him hard on the back, making the food dislodge itself from his throat and onto his napkin in front of him. Still coughing, he turned around and locked eyes with Yoongi. He was looking between him and Jimin, who was currently laughing his off like the good friend he was, with a confused look on his face as he reached over to pick up Jungkook's water bottle and offer it to him. A few swallows later, he managed to get his coughing under control and glared over at Jimin, who was still laughing slightly, trying and failing to stop his giggles.

"Your boyfriend tried to kill me, Yoongi. You should really keep him on a leash," He groaned, glancing wearily at his of a best friend, who had finally calmed down and was looking sheepishly at his boyfriend. "Although he might enjoy that a little too much."

"What the hell is going on, Jimin?" Yoongi decided to ignore the last remark, much to Jungkook's disappointment. Jimin actually looked a bit remorseful, but only a bit, his mouth still quirked up at the side.

"I told Kookie here that we were going to get him laid at the party Friday, and he freaked out. It's not my fault he just happened to have taken a bite of his sandwich right then."

"Who's getting laid?" Namjoon asked as he slid onto the bench beside Jimin, Seokjin right behind him, both of them with little smiles on their faces. Taehyung and Hoseok were right behind them, Hoseok grinning like always, and Taehyung looking extremely confused. Jungkook stuttered out "nobody" loudly, a blush on his face, just as Jimin got a grin on his face and said "Jungkook" at the same time.

"Jungkook's getting laid?" Hoseok was grinning the same grin as Jimin now, and Taehyung looked just as confused as he had before, looking from Jungkook to Jimin, and then back again. Jungkook really needed new friends.

"No!"

"Yes!" Jungkook buried his face in his arms, blushing to the tips of his ears.

"Shut the up, Jimin." He grumbled, lifting his head just long enough to glare at Jimin hard enough to burn holes in his head, if he had lasers for eyes. Jimin ignored him again, turning instead to his boyfriend and opening his arms for the hug he had yet to get. Jungkook kept his head down, although he could feel the eyes boring into his back and head.

"Exactly how and why is Jungkook getting laid?" Seokjin always asked the important questions. Jungkook lifted his head to give him a glare too, but stopped himself from putting his head back down on the table when he saw Taehyung frowning at him. It wasn't an angry frown, more of a confused and slightly hurt frown, like he still couldn't figure anything out and felt left out. Before he could comment on it, or even register it enough to react, Seokjin was talking again. "I didn't know Jungkook was seeing someone."

"I'm not," Jungkook grumbled, running his fingers through his already messy hair, "Jimin is just being an . Ignore him, like usual." Namjoon raised his eyebrows, a mischievous smile still on his face. 

"You're blushing too hard for this all to be nothing," he commented, then shied away when his boyfriend slapped his arm and gave him a look. Maybe Seokjin wasn't that bad. But seriously, he still needed new friends.

"It's not nothing. Jungkook's getting laid, and I'm helping with that." He kicked Jimin under the table, but he didn't shut up. "He's just being shy about it." Hoseok was the one looking slightly confused now.

"Dude, I thought you and Kookie weren't a thing anymore. You really shouldn't talk about nailing him with your boyfriend standing right there." Jungkook reacted faster than Jimin this time, making a slight gagging noise and shaking his head furiously as Jimin yelled "No! No!" and waved his hands in a frantic motion. 

"I definitely didn't mean it like that, god, Hoseok! I'm not that bad of a boyfriend!" Jungkook made a disgusted face and glanced at Jimin with a judging look on his face.

"Like I'd ever make the mistake of dating Jimin twice. Give me some more credit, please." At that, the smaller of the two kicked him in the shine and sent him a look, despite his boyfriend's hand on his shoulder, rubbing circles to calm him down. Even Yoongi was trying not to laugh a the sudden change of events, his lips quirked upward as he bit on his bottom lip to quell his laughter. Jungkook had to say it was probably a good thing that Jimin had snagged a boyfriend that was so chill about their relationship, them having dated for a while before they decided to just be best friends again. The current conversation would have made most other people uncomfortable, but it just made Yoongi laugh.

"Alright, changing the subject a bit, what's this about a party Friday night?" Jungkook knew he was still blushing as he spoke, and he took a sip of his drink to try and cool down as he glanced at the faces around him. Jimin's face lit up again, but it was Yoongi who spoke instead.

"A friend of mine, you guys met him at the party I threw a month ago, Mark?" He remembered the guy. Red-ish hair, pretty face, quiet, and charming. He nodded along with the others to show he remembered. Glancing around at them, Yoongi continued. "Well, he's throwing a party with his friend Jackson, and he said I could invite all of you. He remembered everyone, especially Jungkook and Jimin. So yeah, Friday night at six, you're all invited." 

"Oh cool, I'm in!" Namjoon smiled, showing his gums as he sent Yoongi a thumbs up. "Sounds like fun, man."

"Count me in too," echoed Seokjin, glancing in his boyfriend's direction. "We don't have any plans for that night."

"Everyone's coming, 'cause I said so." Jimin said, grinning at the guys around him. "I think all of us need a night out, so a party is exactly what we all need." Taehyung spoke for the first time, startling Jungkook from his half-glaring at Jimin.

"Um, I actually have things do to and-" Everyone turned to look at him, and he glanced down, surprised by the sudden attention.

"Dude, you can't miss it! It's gonna be an amazing party, everyone else is going. Whatever you have to do can wait!" Taehyung looked confused at Jimin's insistence that he go.

"I have homework that I have to get done. Plus, you can't just say I have to go, what if I had plans for Friday?"

"But you don't," Hoseok pointed out, "Plus, you were just whining to me about your lack of anything fun to do an hour ago." Taehyung sent him a glare, but he actually just ended up looking like a dejected puppy whose friend just betrayed him, and Jungkook swallowed involuntarily. 

"Well, if you really-" Jimin butted in, glaring at Jungkook.

"We're all going, no ifs, ands, or buts. I have something fun planned for all of us, so none of you can miss it!" Taehyung opened his mouth, eyebrows furrowed in confusion, then shook his head and shrugged, giving up on protesting. Jungkook wanted to ask him why he'd miss it over some homework, because usually Taehyung was the one to put off doing homework when there was a party involved, but Taehyung wasn't looking at him and before he could do anything, Jimin was talking again. With on last glance Taehyung's way, he turned back to listen to whatever stupid thing Jimin was insisting he listen to now.


So hey, first chapter done. Hopefully the next one will be up soon. I think I like where this story is going.

Also, I left out 'hyung' in this story, because I wasn't sure if it fit or not... It didn't seem to go with the flow of things.

Anyways... Comment what you think below?