Chapter 1 - Pleased to meet you!... or maybe not.

: : . My Boss, Kim Jongdae . : :

“It’s a great pleasure to have you here with us, Miss Oh!” The front desk lady told me as she handed me my identity card. I was really excited about it! My first real job! Screw the coffee shop and the ice cream store! I’m a secretary and I’m happy with it!

“Which department was I assigned for?” I asked the lady and she smiled brightly. She seemed so nice and had a really soothing voice. She checked her computer and out of a sudden, her expression went dark.

“H-Hm… You were transferred to the financial department. The last secretary is on maternity leave and you start tomorrow. T-That’s all!” The woman stuttered, leaving me confused. ‘Why is she like that? How weird...’

I smiled and bowed and then grabbed my handbag and turned to leave. This building was huge and I was mesmerized with its beauty. It was covered in glass and beautiful tones of blue. I really wanted to see how my desk was like but they didn’t allow me in. ‘Junmyeon-sunbae works at a really pretty place…’

As I was walking to the front entrance, a man wearing tight blue jeans, a black v-neck t-shirt and black sunglasses strutted in and bumped into me with force. I fell to the floor and dropped my handbag and everything inside fell out.

“What the--…Look at where you’re going!” I yelled back and the man kneeled down to help me pick up my things. As he leaned closer I could see the details on his pale skin, his firm jawline and a playful grin on his lips.

“I’m sorry Miss. I didn’t see you there.” He said and when we finished grabbing my things, he got up and looked down at me. “It wasn’t on purpose. Oh, and by the way… nice . Black and laced.” He chuckled and kept walking, leaving me there on the floor dying of embarrassment. I quickly closed my legs and pulled my skirt down.

“You’re so rude! Hey! Come back here! Hey!” I yelled but he just waved and kept going to his destination. ‘I want to kill him…’ I thought to myself over and over again. I got up and grabbed my handbag, going out of the building huffing and looking like a mess. ‘Jerk!’

“Noona! Hey!” I heard a quite familiar voice. I turned to look at the person and blinked when I saw my younger brother leaning against his motor bike and waving like a dork at me.

“Sehun-ah! What are you doing here? Weren’t you grounded?” I said as I walked over to Sehun, surprised to see him out of his bedroom after the mess he did last night.

“Mom sent me to buy stuff for dinner because her legs were hurting and since I was close I decided to come pick you up. Aren’t I nice?” Sehun said as he leaned closer and wiggled his eyebrows. I lightly slapped his forehead and smiled.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just give me a ride back. My feet are killing me.” I growled playfully and grabbed one of the spare helmets he kept on the back, putting it on and sitting down. I was tired and mad at that idiot that bumped into me. I just wanted to kill him.

Sehun sat on the bike and drove us back home. I held tightly onto his waist and leaned my head on his back. ‘Wow… my baby brother really got big.’ I thought to myself as I smiled and remember when he was a little troublemaker… and he still is and to a higher degree.

When we got home, I took the helmet off and handed it to Sehun in return of the plastic bag with mom’s request. I opened the door and was kindly greeted with a swipe of a rolled newspaper.

“Jihyun-ah! Why didn’t you tell me you were seeing a man?! You bad girl! God won’t forgive this!” My mom kept yelling and hitting me with the rolled newspaper. Sehun walked in and tried to stop her but it didn’t help.

“Tell you what?! What are you talking about!? MOM! STOP! Ahhh…!” I shouted and Sehun was able to stop our mother. I rubbed my head and heard a familiar laugh coming from the living room.

“Are you alright Jihyun-ah?” Junmyeon-sunbae said as he walked to the huge ruckus going on at the front door. I widened my eyes and quickly tried to compose myself. I coughed and walked towards him.

“Sunbae, what are you doing here?” I asked and Junmyeon-sunbae held up a small pink box decorated with cute stickers and a bow.

“I came to congratulate you on your new job but you weren’t home yet. Hope you like it. It’s homemade raspberry cake.” Junmyeon-sunbae chuckled and I held the box with a large bright smile on my face. I really love raspberry and I love when sunbae cooks. He’s a really cool guy.

“Ah, thank you so much Sunbae! Besides making it, you went through all this trouble to come here and give it to me…” I thanked and Junmyeon-sunbae just chuckled and patted my head. He then put his shoes on and grabbed his coat, bowing to us.

“Well then, I’ll be taking my leave now. Thank you so much for the tea, Miss Oh. It was delicious.” Sunbae said and smiled, leaving and closing the door. I heard his car drive off and we all stayed there looking at each other. Sehun was still holding onto mom and she looked really mad.

After a while, mom forced us to sit because she obviously wanted to ground us. I looked down at my knees as she hit me with the rolled newspaper over and over again.

“Seeing a man… really… What would your father say!?!” She yelled and hit me. It was impossible to fight back. She’s really strong and stubborn.

“Mom… Noona isn’t seeing that man. He’s her co-worker…” Sehun tried to help me but mom hit him too.

“You have no word in this matter, Oh Sehun! This is a problem between me and your sister!” Mom yelled at Sehun and he just nodded and stayed quiet.

“I’m not seeing anyone, mom! Can you please just stop? That’s Junmyeon-sunbae. He helped get the job at the company and he was my senior for many years at school.” I tried to explain but she didn’t believe me at all. It’s hard to convince my mother due to her stubbornness.

“I don’t care! You two don’t eat dinner tonight! Go to your bedrooms and stay there!” Those were the last words mom said before getting up and leaving to her bedroom. Sehun and I just stared at each other and sighed.

“Meet me in my room. I have some cupped jajangmyeon left.” Sehun said as he got up and went to the kitchen, grabbing a beer and a bottle of orange juice.

“You really are my savior! I love you so much!” I shouted and I could see his ears redden in embarrassment. He ran up the stairs to his room and closed the door loudly. I followed and went to my room laughing at his cute reaction.

I ped my dress and quickly put my sweatpants one of Sehun’s old shirts. I placed my dress on the back of my chair and sat on it, looking at the mirror and taking my makeup off. Then I went to the bathroom and washed my face twice and applied cream to it.

When I was finally ready, I headed up to Sehun’s bedroom and knocked on the door, he quickly opened it and he had changed already. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me in and closed the door behind us quickly. I was surprised to see him act like that.

“What’s wrong? You’re scaring me…” I asked and he just hushed me and head to his window. I followed him to see what was happening and we saw our mother outside talking to a man. ‘Them again!’ I thought to myself and was so mad.

“Did we pay the rent last week?” Sehun muttered and looked at me with scared puppy eyes. I knew he was worried and I really didn’t have any idea of what was happening.

“Yeah, I’m sure we did.”

“Then why are they here, Noona?”

“Don’t ask me!”

The men ended up going away and mom walked in. Sehun turned the light on and we sat on his bed watching variety shows and eating. We’ve done this so many times before because we kept getting grounded. Sometimes Sehun would come to me crying because he felt the heavy pain of guilt on his shoulders.

“Noona, give me some of that beer.” Sehun said and held his hand out.

“Psh, what? No way! You’re still a minor!” I replied and put the can away.

“Wah! Look at you! Mom always told us to share!” Sehun whined and pouted cutely, trying to reach the can and we ended up fighting like two little kids.

“By the way! Can you give me a ride to work tomorrow? I leave at 7 to be there at 8.” I asked and Sehun just nodded and stared back at the TV.

We ended up eating and I left to my bedroom. It was 8:30pm and I still had to choose my clothes for tomorrow and get my bag ready. When I got to my room and started packing, I realized I didn’t have a clean notebook or agenda for tomorrow so I ran to Sehun’s room and snatched one of his. After that I went to bed.

 

When I woke up and looked at my phone it was 6:30am.

“OH MY GOD!” I got up quickly and ran to Sehun’s bedroom to wake him up. “WAKE UP! HURRY!” I ended up scaring the poor little thing and he just growled and grunted. I ran out of his room and went to the bathroom, taking a quick shower and running back to my bedroom to get changed.

I dried my hair and tied it up in a bun with a cute bow, put my dress on and my coat along with my pearl bracelet and earrings and started applying the makeup. Sehun walked into the room with a plate of toasts and just stayed there staring at me.

“You’re going to be late.” He mocked me and I couldn’t fight back because I was too busy trying to get ready and be fast.

When I was done, I grabbed one of the toasts and started eating it quickly. I grabbed my bag and ran to the front door and put my heels on. Our mom walked in from her bedroom and stared at us with a weird expression.

“Oh, morning mom. I’m taking Noona to work today! Do you need anything from the store?” Sehun said, clearly pleading for money and our mom took him inside her bedroom to give him the list and the pocket money.

“Hurry up please! Or I’ll be late on my first day!” I yelled and Sehun came out from the room as quick as he could and opened the door for me.

“Noona, I’ll pick you up today too!” He said as he smiled brightly and patted my head. ‘What a kid…”

We hoped onto the motorbike and he drove off carefully, taking shortcuts to get away from the traffic. I was panicking. It was almost 8am and it was my first day. Sehun was able to get there in time and I ran inside the building as fast as I could, showed my card and ran to the office.

My boss wasn’t at the office when I got there so I had time to prepare everything for him. As I walked to my desk, I saw a small paper lying there with something written on it. I read it carefully and huffed.

Dear New Secretary.

Unfortunately I’ll be arriving late today because my car broke down and I had to ask my friend to give me a ride to work.

Since you’re new and you don’t know how it works, I like to be greeted with a cup of expresso and a dark chocolate bar.

Please get those for me.

Also, I asked the Marketing department secretary to prepare everything for you, so don’t worry about that.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Kim Jongdae,

Your new boss.

“Are you joking? Where am I going to get those things?!” I yelled and someone opened the front door and it made me jump in surprise. I looked at the door and I saw someone rather familiar walking in.

It was him.

The erted sunglasses guy.

Hiiii ! I hope you liked the first chapter!

I tried to bring Suho in now because he's one of the important characters.

Also, what do you think about our main character ? She's Sehun's sister~ *mindblown*

Hhahahayeah. Hi. Bye.