The Dog and The Kitchen

It's My Dog

"Kai." Kyungsoo tilted his head as he looked down at the dog, "I believe I may have inadvertently killed our dog."

"My dog." Kai automatically corrected, his head buried in the newspaper. It took him a moment to register what exactly had been said, until his head shot up abruptly, newspaper crinkling as he brought it down. "Wait, what did you just say?"

"I may have killed the dog." He replied while his eyes searching for something in the kitchen tables. It would have been easier, of course, if Baekhyun and Chanyeol stop messed up his well-placed kitchen for once. Taking a moment to understanding the words Kyungsoo had spoke, Kai folded up the paper, placing it to his side. He then slowly rose to his feet as he evenly asked, "You may have or you did?"

"That is an excellent question." Kyungsoo leaned down, pressing his hands to the dog, He looked up at Kai, "Well, no pulse as of yet, but never fear, I'm sure whatever the dog ate its effects will only be temporary, I hope”.

"You hope? Kai retorted as he walked forward towards the dog. It was not unusual to see such a sight; the dog had been subject to Kyungsoo food experiments many times and somehow survived miraculously on each expedition into the realm of foods, if Kyungsoo version of random concoctions could be called food. Yet this time, Kyungsoo was not acting as if it were an experiment and judging from the dog's appearance, this were most unexpected.

With a furrowed brow, Kai asked, "Why does my dog-"

"Our dog."

"Why does the dog have blue teeth?"

Kyungsoo let out a small scoff. "That would be because it ate something blue."

Kai rolled his eyes, "I can see that, but what exactly did he eat?"

Kyungsoo looked up from his search, "Now Kai, if I knew the answer to that question then what sense would there be for me to search through all this?" Taking a small can in his hand, he lifted it, sniffing its contents with an upturned nose, "I forgot I still had that stuff." He murmured to himself as he shook his head, trying to get rid of the smell.

"Now Kai, this has most undoubtedly occurred because of your error in judgement."

"My error in judgement?" He asked in disbelief, "My error?" Words caught in his throat for few moments as if this could possibly be his fault seemed so ridiculous that even an attempt to think about it lead to momentary pauses in his brain. His voice rose slightly in pitch as he finished his spluttering with, "How exactly is this my error in judgement when it is you whose half so called food experiments lead to my dog – yes my dog, Kyungsoo – being killed every other day; when it is you who doesn't clean anything up; when it is you whose last experiment almost blew up the kitchen. Again." Kai took a breath, and continued "So tell me, how exactly this latest madness in any way has anything to do with my error in judgement?"

"Well in my defense, it was Baek and Yeol who didn't clean up the Kitchen last time. And you forgot to feed the dog."

Kai's face fell into confusion, "What?"

"You forgot to feed him." Kyungsoo repeated, "No doubt because you were so engrossed by your loss in wealth, your clothes are unchanged so I presume you spent the night getting reacquainted with that gambling friend of yours, Also your face indicated that you forgot to wash yourself this morning,  You lost, unsurprisingly seeing as I was not participating in the game and judging from the blood around your shirt most likely from resulting fight you were in, and you must have underestimated your opponent, which is one of your error in judgment" Kai narrowed his eyes. Kyungsoo must be watching that Sherlock Holmes movie that he bought yesterday and try to copy him. And he suprisingly good at it.

"How are the ribs, by the way? Bruised?"

"Yes, bruised and sore, if you must know. And stop watching my movies without my permission" Kai sighed.

“And you stop playing poker like you even know how to play it”. Kyungsoo replied. "If you had remembered to feed the dog when you returned then this situation might have been avoided."

"How so?" Kai questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, if the dog had the food you were meant to supply then he would not have felt the need to wander, hungry and alone-"

“Stop being melodramatic, you could have feed him." He defended his position, "You were here!"

"Was I Kai ?" Kyungsoo replied, with a smirk on his lips. He continued, "As I was saying, he wandered, hungry and alone, desperate for some sort of nourishment then it would be only natural for him to wander to my sacred kitchen and somehow managed to eat one of my secret ingredient, unaware of their effects, which promptly lead to a state of near death."

"Near death? And why the hell are you keeping that for?" Kai asked furiously

"Near death, Kai! Calm yourself." He confirmed, and then with a smug grin on his face he pick some of his so called concoctions. "And with this, I shall bring him from the brink of death back to life to bark another day."

Kyungsoo propped open the dog's mouth, pouring the contents of the bowl in before he leaped to his feet, and sighed,

once again bored, as the dog let out a pitiful bark, miraculously alive once more.