Two Months Ago - 1

Distant Feeling

 

 

 

“I want to end all of this.”

It’s just another day in his life where he sure the sun not supposed to shine this bright. He hate that. The fact about children running along outside with their silly laugh fade in the air or how the smell of warm coffee and melted sugar get into his system absolutely gone wrong. Actually there’s nothing wrong about today, since the world still rotate normally, the wrong thing is his own life.

“But... But why!?” 

Kyu can see the glimpse of sadness, lie and hatred there. He doesn’t know why, but he can use his another sense to makes everything right now is right. His eyes just focusing at the older yet smaller man in front of him, who getting paler as the sunlight glow in his skin and how he try to give a hint of happy smile that makes Kyu want to puke on his new shoes.

“I love her Kyu.” Sungmin stated simply “and, be with her is much easier that being with you.”

He knows it so long ago, since when he ask Sungmin to become his lover back then. He doesn’t really sure himself about his status, but he’s sure he attracted to guys more than to girls. On the other hand, Sungmin says the same, but he somehow, still have believe if one day he might meet a woman that going to change his world forever, and when that day come, he’s going to marry her. Kyu knows about that since the first time, but he still tries to dated him, because he thinks about Sungmin might just confused that moment.

And now, he realized he’s the confused one.

“But, you barely know her!” Kyu says with a little high note in his tone “and you choose her than me? Really!?”

“Don’t be ridiculous Kyu. You know about it since the first time.” Sungmin sighs for a moment as he tries to hold his anger that slowly get into his head when Kyu’s tone getting high “those moment of us, well, mostly just a part of me being curious, I’ve told you in the first place.”

Kyu hold his breath for a moment before let it out as a deep sighs. He gritted his teeth and look at his cup of coffee, find his own reflection that look weird and unstable there. The sounds of coffee grinding machine from the bar and how the sounds usually really makes him want to smile not happen this time. 

“And now, you’ll just end it like that, tell me everything is over and get married next month.” Kyu is snickering a little “Seriously!? Are those whole times and memories really are nothing for you!?”

“Of course it all mattered, but don’t you understand? I’m trying to fixed all of this.”

“No you’re not.”

“I am!” Sungmin finally not hold it anymore and he let his anger get out for once. Kyu’s widen eyes makes him realized if he is really mad that moment, because, yes, he’s the type of person that can hold his anger for a really quiet long time until mostly he forgot about his own anger, but now, he’s just let it out “Look, I’m not gay, I am attracted to man, I might bi, I admit that, but not the way like you do. Yes, we’ve done so many things, this and that, but at this certain moment, I’m pretty sure that I am absolutely not that person anymore, especially after I’m married to her later next month. I don’t want you to fall for me anymore, because you do also realized I’m not the one that you need!”

It just a mere silence between them after Sungmin says that, the next thing that happen is Kyu just stand from his seat and take his bag and jacket with. He not looking at Sungmin’s face, but he’s bow his body perfectly at the older and just leave the place. He walks away from the place without any single words, Leaving Sungmin just sighs in silent and finish his herbal tea.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for Reading :))