Chapter 08

9095

Jaejoong, Changmin and Hee were sitting in the living room. 'Did Minwoo fall asleep?' Jaejoong asked.

'Yes, he fell asleep pretty fast', Hee replied.

Jaejoong kept glancing at his watch. It was half past nine and he prayed that Changmin goes to bed because he wanted to stay alone with Hee. He was looking at Hee and trying to signal her, but she didn't notice that. He already got nervous and let out a deep sigh.

Changmin smirked. 'OK, hyung, I'm leaving.' He got up and walked to the door.

'But I didn't tell you to leave, stay here with us', he said, but he didn't mean that for sure.

'I'm going out with  a couple of my friends', Changmin said. 'I'm leaving you two', he said with a grin. 'And don't wake Minwoo up!', he said and left the house.

'Jae, you're so mean! Poor Changmin had to leave because of you.' Hee said.

Jaejoong wrapped his arms around her and whispered: 'I think we need privacy right now.'

She smiled. 'But not here.'

Jaejoong opened his hand and showed her the key. 'Of course not.'

 

A month later

 

'That's wonderful news! You will have a baby!' Changmin shouted that everyone in the company could hear him. He hugged both Jaejoong and Hee. 'And that's all thanks to me. If I hadn't given you the key...'

Jaejoong smacked him. 'You don't have to be so loud, Changmin-ah! We're in the middle of the hall!'

Everyone in the company congratulated them.

 

Jaejoong's secretary opened the door. 'Mr and Mrs Kim, a man wants to see you.'

'Who is he?' Jaejoong asked.

'He didn't say his name. He says that he is your friend.'

'OK. Tell him to come in.' Jaejoong and Hee looked at each other. Who could it be?

The door opened and the man entered. They were both shocked with what they had seen. Park Yoochun was standing in front of them. 

'What do you want?' Jaejoong said, trying not to jump off his chair and punch Yoochun.

'I came here to tell you something', he replied. Yoochun didn't look really well. His eyes were red and he had huge dark circles. Something was wrong.

'First of all, I would like to congratulate you two. I heard that you will get a new family member.' His voice was weak, barely audible. He offered his hand to Jaejoong. Jaejoong looked away.

'Please, Jaejoong-ah.' He was almost begging. They shook hands. Yoochun's grip wasn't strong, it was almost like a child's. Jaejoong suddenly felt sorry for the man in front of him. Hee was just looking at the twoo, not knowing what to say.

'May I have a seat?' he asked.

'Yes', Jaejoong said.

'I want to tell you something very important', Yoochun said. 'To both of you.'

'Say. I will listen.' Jaejoong was now suprisingly calm. He was aware of everything Yoochun had done to them, but he wanted to hear what he had to say.

'For the past month I've been thinking about my actions and I have to say that I'm not proud of anything I had done to you.' He sounded so sincere. Hee and Jaejoong didn't want to believe him, but something was telling that that he didn't lie.

'I am sorry for everything I had done. I decided to leave you in peace and move to the United States. And I won't come to Korea ever again.' 

Jaejoong looked him in the eyes and saw sorrow in them. He felt sympathy towards him and he couldn't explain why.

Yoochun diverted his gaze to Hee. 'But before I leave I have to warn you about something.'

Hee became nervous.

'I am leaving you in peace, but my mother isn't. She wants to take Minwoo no matter what.I-I just don't want to be part of her plans anymore. I tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen.' He finished off with a deep sigh. 'Goodbye, Jaejoong-ah, Heeya.' His eyes were on Hee. He didn't want to leave.

'Why did you do this, Yoochun-ah?' Jaejoong asked.

'I don't want to hurt you two anymore. Take care of yourselves and never leave Minwoo alone. Goodbye.' He left the office.

Hee fell into Jaejoong's arms. 'What are we going to do now, Jae?' He hugged her tightly.

'Don't worry. Everything will be alright.'

 

 

'Oh, no! I'm late for my bus. How am I supposed to go home now?' Yoonji was complaining to herself. She had a lot of work and she missed the bus. Now she had to wait for and hour for the next bus. Changmin accidentaly heard her and offered himself to give her a ride home.

'Thank you so much, Mr Shim.' She slightly bowed.

When they were ready to leave to Changmin's car, Jaejoong was passing by. 'Changimin-ah, go and pick Minwoo up from school. I think his classes end in half an hour. Hee and I have to stay in the office. ' He patted Changmin's head and walked off. Changmin clenched his teeth. Why today?, he thought.

 

'You have a very nice car, Mr Shim', Yoonji said. 'I like its colour, red.'

Changmin smiled. 'Is the owner of the car nice, too?'

Yoonji blushed a bit.

'I'm just kidding', he said.

Yoonji smiled. 'You are funny, Mr Shim.'

'Can you stop calling me Mr Shim? I feel old when you call me like that. Call me Changmin-sshi or Changmin.'

'OK, Changmin-sshi.'

He smirked. 'We have to pick Minwoo up from school. Have you seen Minwoo, Yoonji-sshi?'

She shook her head.

'He is such a cute child. I love him as if he was my own child', Changmin said. He used every opportunity to tell Yoonji how much he loved kids, because once he eavesdropped her conversation with Jaejoong's secretary and heard that she really likes kids.

They quickly arrived to school. Minwoo hopped into the car.

'Minwoo-ya, how was your day?' Changmin tried to sound as sweet as possible as he was glancing at Yoonji to see her reaction.

Minwoo looked at him in disbelief. 'You are unusually nice to me today, uncle.' Changmin glared at him, while Yoonji was trying to suppress laughter.

'Miss, are you my uncle's girlfriend?'

Yoonji didn't expect that question. 'N-no, I'm your uncle's secretary. My name is Yoonji.'

Changmin smiled.

'You are really pretty, Yoonji noona', Minwoo said.

'Thank you.'

'Yoonji noona, do you have a boyfriend?'

'Why are you asking that, Minwoo-ya? That's something private', Changmin jumped in, but he was dying to know that.

Yoonji chuckled. 'I don't have a boyfriend.'

Changmin smiled widely. She doesn't have a boyfriend!!!!