Chapter 06

9095

Jaejoong was sitting in his office and staring blankly at the papers in front of him. Another client cancelled the contract with KCC. They nad already lost 2,5 milliom dollars.

Hee entered the office. 'Good morning, Jae. You left earlier this morning.' She could notice that something was wrong with him. 'What's going on?' she asked, already feeling nervous.

He handed her the papers. 'See it yourself. I guess Yoochun really wants to destroy us. We're losing our clients and our money. He even went to school to see Minwoo.' Hee moved her eyes from the papers to him. 'Minwoo told me what happened yesterday. He showed us how powerful he is.' Jaejoong got up and hugged her.

'I don't know how to fight him, Heeya. I want to protect you and Minwoo, but I don't know how to do it. I'm even afraid to pick up the phone because I think another client will cancel.' He hugged her more tightly.

'We will win, Jae. I promise', she said.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hee got out of her car and entered the hotel.

'Good evening', the same receptionist from the other night greeted her. 'I suppose you are here to see Mr.Park Yoochun', he said.

'Yes. May I ask you something?'

'Of course.'

'How did you know my name the other night I came here?'

The receptionist smiled. 'You were the only guest in this hotel that evening, Mrs. Kim. Mr.Park told us that you were coming. Hee was confused. 'Mr.Park owns this hotel.'

'Really?' She was surprised to hear that.

'He actually lives here.'

'He lives here?'

'Yes. Mr.Park had bought it ten years ago. He has been living here since then. In the room 9095.'

Hee was shocked. She was standing at the reception, completely frozen.

'Mrs.Kim? Mrs.Kim?' the recepionist called her name.

She walked towards the elevator. Her steps were heavy. 

She knocked on the door of the room 9095. She heard Yoochun's voice telling her to come in. She entered the room. It hadn't changed a bit since the other evening.

Yoochun was sitting in the chair, scanning Hee. 'What do you want?' he asked.

Hee gave her best to remain calm. 'I want you to stop.'

'To stop what?'

'What?! You ask me what?!' She had lost her temper. 'You're trying to ruin Jaejoong's company and take away my son!'

'Our son, Heeya.' He sounded so calm, which irritated her even more.

'Stop it!' she screamed. 'You don't know what I've been through after you left me. You hurt me, Yoochun-ah! And you're doing that again!'

Yoochun didn't respond. He stared at her. 

Hee tried hard to suppress the tears from falling.

'I have something to propose you', he said.

'What?'

'Live with me, Heeya.' Hee looked at him in disbelief. 'You and Minwoo come to my house and live with me. If you do that, I won't interfere with Jaejoong's work anymore. I'll leave him alone.'

'You're out of your your mind', she said and quickly ran out of the room. She forgot to ask Yoochun why he lived in that room, but that wasn't so important at that moment. She couldn't believe that he had actually offered her to live with him.

Yoochun lay on the bed. He inhaled deeply. He stretched his arm to the other side of the bed. Every night he would imagine Hee lying next to him. She wasn't there, and that was what hurt him the most. Room 9095 was full of memories of Hee. His life there was a torture. Every single thing in that room reminded him of her, that she was his once. She belonged to him long tim ago, and now she was with someone else. Yoochun was punishing himself for what he did to her by living there. He took his phone and dialed his mother's number.

'I can't do this anymore', he said, his voice shaking.

'What's wrong, my son?'

'Hee is hurt. She hates me even more now. She will never give me Minwoo. Let's make an agreement with her. We can see Minwoo on holidays or weekends.'

'No!' his mother raised her voice. 'There is no agreement. We will have Minwoo with us no matter what.' She hung up. Yoochun felt defeated.

11 years ago

'Guess what, Jae?' Hee smiled widely. Jaejoong smiled too. He smiled everytime she smiled.

'What?'

'I'm dating Yoochun', she said. 'You are my best friend and I wanted you to know first.'

Jaejoong felt like he was hit by a bullet. His smile faded.

'What's wrong?' she asked him.

'Nothing', he replied. Everything is wrong, he thought. 'Yoochun? That guy you met at the party?'

'Yes. It's him', she said. Happiness was all Jaejoong could see in her eyes. He had never seen her that happy.

'Congratulations. I heard that he is a really good guy. He's one of the best students here', he said. Every single word he pronounced caused him pain. 'I have to go', he said. 'My father asked me to come to his office. Bye!'

'Bye!' Hee waved him as he ran quickly.

He went to his apartment. He took a framed picture of him and Hee and threw it onto the floor. The glass frame broke and pieces of it scattered all over the room. He threw himself on the bed and cried. He cursed and screamed as loud as he could. His heart ached. Heeya was the only woman he loved and she was now with another man. 'It's all my fault, it's my fault', he repeated. He picked up their photo from the floor. 'I should have told her about my feelings.' He hugged the picture an dcried for a long time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yoochun hugged Hee. 'I missed you', he said.

'But you saw me this morning at the college.' He gave her a peck on the cheek. They entered the reataurant.

'The food here is great', she said.

'You've been here before?' Yoochun said. He sounded surprised.

'I'm sure you wander how is that possible. This is an expensive reastaurant and I don't have enough money to eat here. Jaejoong brought me here once.'

Yoochun frowned. 'You two are really good friends, right?'

'We've known each other. He helped me and Changmin a lot. Jaejonng is such a good person.'

'Yeah, yeah, he's an angel', he said ironically.

Hee smiled. 'Are you jealous?'

He sulked.

'I like you', she said. 'Only you. Can we order now?'

'Let's make a promise first,' he said.

'What promise?'

'Let's promise that we'll never stop loving each other or leave each other.'

'That's a serious promise to make', she said.

'I'm ready to make it', he said.

'So am I. I promise I'll never leave you or stop loving you.'

'I promise that I'll never leave you or stop loving you, Heeya.'

They both smiled.

'I feel easier now', Yoochun said.

'Why?'

'Now that you promised, I'm sure that you won't leave me for Jaejoong,' he said jokingly.

Hee hit him on his head. 'Don't say such things! And let's order some food! I'm starving!'