The Ending

THE Day - Changmin's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been years since the separation has happened; both group and love-relationship separation. It was a lie if Changmin said that everything was okay; that he has been forgetting Jaejoong a long time ago. In fact, Jaejoong was still lingering everywhere inside his mind and never even once Changmin was able to forget him. His feeling was still as strong as the day when they took different paths.

Sometimes the thought of not having Jaejoong besides him anymore was frightening him. In order to shoo the thought away, Changmin usually went out; got drunk in most of times since that’s the only time he could stop thinking. Just like now, when he was at one of the bar in Seoul.

He sat at one of the table; all by himself, as he was watching his surroundings. Sometimes, Changmin also sipped down his drink occasionally while doing that. Once, Changmin rested his head to his back and closed his eyes for a moment, wanting to enjoy the silent night alone. That was why he chose to go there; because it gave him soft and low melodies instead of the noisy and loud one. Though he had to admit that there were too many memories here, it didn’t really matter as much. He had the memories all around the town, after all.

Unfortunately, as soon as he opened his eyes slightly, Changmin had to meet the most unexpected. In instant he widened his eyes as big, couldn’t hide his shocked as there was someone standing right in front of him; as stunned as he was. For a second, Changmin wasn’t even able to do anything aside from eyeing the other person from head to the toe. Still stunning, beautiful, and attractive; just like the last time Changmin left him.

“J- Jae… joong,” Changmin said, barely letting a word out of his mouth. “Jaejoongie.”

“Changmin.” Jaejoong called back and took a breath once, trying to cool himself down and control his reaction; even though in fact he was as surprised as Changmin. “Hey.”

“Hey,” Changmin replied back carefully; wasn’t sure yet on what he should do. “How are you?”

“Fine,” Jaejoong answered quickly, which was also noticed easily by Changmin as a lie and made the younger raised his eyebrows. “Okay. No, not really fine. But… I do think that I’ll manage it.”

Both of them turned into silence one more time; seemed to not know on how they should continue their conversation from that point. Though, both of them were still looking at each other; watching and trying to remember which part of the other that has changed since the last time they’ve met. At some points, Jaejoong finally decided to make a move since he was feeling uncomfortable under the heated stare from Changmin. He walked towards Changmin before pointing at the couch; where the other was sitting- which was still enough for two more people.

“Can I?” asked Jaejoong hesitantly.

Changmin nodded; wasn’t sure whether it was okay, yet didn’t want to refuse the older’s request.

Ever since Jaejoong took a seat right beside him, Changmin always locked his eyes on everything that Jaejoong was doing. It seemed like a dream for Changmin, to be able meeting someone he has loved in years; someone that was still irreplaceable even after they’ve separated for years. Changmin still remembered well Jaejoong’s habit, like when the other nervous he would stare at the ceiling while scratching his back of the neck- like now.

Jaejoong sighed deeply once again, before encouraging himself to stare back at the younger. “You… never called,” he finally slipped the words out from his lips.

Changmin raised his eyebrows in surprise. “So did you,” replied him.

“That’s… different, Changmin,” Jaejoong said back, biting his lower lips to remind himself so that he wouldn’t do something he might regret later on. “I was just afraid to… talk; to- well, you know? I was afraid of getting rejection from you. Well, I’m the one who was dumped, after all.”

“I’m sorry,” Changmin said slowly. “But actually, it’s not… that different. I was afraid- I still am, even. I am afraid that maybe- probably when I hear your voice then I will have an urge… to take you back. I just don’t want to lose control of myself; especially not towards you, Jaejoong.”

“You said that you’ll be friend… and dongsaeng, if I need that,” replied Jaejoong.

“I thought you were fine,” Changmin said again.

“I was broken,” Jaejoong said with his shaking voice. “I’ve been missing you, Changmin. I missed you enough to the point I thought I could die from that. And at the same time, I hated myself for letting everything happened; for not taking care of my heart. But… you weren’t there.”

“Sorry,” replied Changmin shortly; didn’t know what else he should say.

There was a long and awkward silence, as the two agreed to not continue talking about the sensitive issues. Changmin didn’t know what to think; what to say and what to do with Jaejoong beside him. It was too sudden for him to process. Due to that, Changmin gazed randomly at his surroundings again until he could see some guys at the other side of the bar. In one second, Changmin has decided that he didn’t like the guys; who were now eyeing on Jaejoong hungrily. Without any second thought, he already gave his ultimate glare to each of them; which could be easily translated as  off or I’ll rip you apart.

“Stop it,” Jaejoong finally said soon after he has finally realized what Changmin was doing; though it was a little bit too late already.

“They were impolite,” Changmin replied without feeling uncomfortable with his doing just now.

Jaejoong sighed and shook his head, trying to prevent himself to smile happily upon the fact that the younger one was still possessive on him. “So why are you here?” he chose to change the topic soon. “Are you with your Kyu-Line? I don’t see anyone like Kyuhyun or Minho- or Jonghyun’s CN Blue yet.”

Changmin raised his eyebrows in amusement. “You do catch up on the news about me,” stated him.

Jaejoong remained in silence for a brief moment, wanting to with another reason; which was failed miserably. “Yeah,” he admitted at once. “Well, yes… yours and Yunho’s too.”

“I’m not with them or anyone,” Changmin answered with a hint of smile. “What about you?”

“I’m with… well, actually… I-” Jaejoong answered hesitantly, wasn’t sure that he should say the next words in front of him- as it might be too unpleasant to be heard.

“Jang Geunsuk and the others?” guessed Changmin in the end.

Jaejoong gaped widely before closing his mouth again; unable to respond with anything. He was too su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter