Chapter 10

Falling in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 10:

“HYUNG!” Chung Jae sang.

“What is it Junjin ah?” Minwoo mumbled groggily.

“SUN HO KISSED ME!”

“Oh…” Chung Jae tapped the phone. “OH!” Now Minwoo had woken up. “HE DID!?”

“YES!”

“WOAH! TELL ME EVERYTHING!”

Chung Jae explained everything that had happened and kept sighing like he was in love. He fell to the bed and hugged the covers eyes closed. Minwoo kept giggling, knowing how it felt like to be in love. Chung Jae embraced the pillow, letting the fabric cram between his fingers, knuckles turning white.

“So will he stay? Does he love you back?” The hyung bombarded him.

Chung Jae suddenly felt nervous. “I…I don’t know. You think he would do that for me?” he questioned.

Minwoo scorned to the phone and a little sparkle of hope invaded Chung Jae. He felt his cheeks burning and blushing and he really did wish that Sun Ho would change his mind and stay. But other part of him kinda hoped he would not stay for him and ruin his chances on going to a place he always had wanted to go to.

“Don’t think about it too much,” Minwoo said. “You can ask him tomorrow at school.”

               

                ~~OO~~

 

It was a weirdly foggy morning. Usually it did not mean well when the mornings were blurry and chilly. It was always the sign of something catastrophic. In Chung Jae’s mind at least. It never meant good when he woke up on the morning and couldn’t see outside of the window.

Last time that had happened, he had discovered his feelings for Sun Ho and he had ended up kissing him in the damned shed. To him, and possibly to Sun Ho too, fog and chilliness were the signs of the disastrous day that was going to be ahead of them.

Chung Jae just hadn’t any idea why it was foggy. I mean, he and Sun Ho had just kissed like 30 hours ago, so why would the sky look like that? Chung Jae felt strange chills down his spine when he packed his school bag and straightened the legs of his pants. He glanced at the reflection of himself through the mirror and smiled, thinking he looked decent enough to meet his best friend after the first kiss.

“I am leaving!” Chung Jae yelled by the door.

“Have a nice day!” the stepmom answered back.

Chung Jae frowned as Charlie Park suddenly entered the foyer and hugged him tightly as if being apologetic. Nothing had happened, no one had died, and Chung Jae was as happy as he could be, but his father was acting oddly. The old man retreated and smiled to his son, the cheek with his warm palm and stepped out of the way.

Chung Jae left for school.

 

                ~~OO~~

 

The school bell was impatiently ringing behind Chung Jae, who stood by the gate and looked around. He held the straps of his backpack gently and bit his lip, hearing teachers telling him to get inside or he would meet them all in detention. But Chung Jae couldn’t get inside; not without Sun Ho especially. Any minute now the cute guy would appear in front of the gate and apologise for being too late, cheeks blushed and a wide grin all over his face. But after 15 minutes, and the P.E. teacher coming to drag Chung Jae by the arm, Sun Ho did not come.

The very fancy black car of Eric’s parents never showed up.

“Teacher,” Chung Jae spoke up as soon as he had stepped to the classroom. “Where is Sun Ho?”

The middle-aged lady stopped emptying her bag in front of the class when her shocked eyes landed onto Chung Jae. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter