Eomeoni

One Last Time

Taehyung: “Let’s go.”

Me: “Where are we going?”

Taehyung: “Back to work. I have another schedule remember?”

Me: “What about returning the watch?”

Taehyung: “I’m keeping it remember?”

Me: “Fine. Well then lets go before you’re late.”

 

We left the mall and headed towards the radio station.

 

Taehyung: “Mianhae.” * whispers *

Me: “What was that?”

Taehyung: “I said mianhae.”

Me: “Wae?”

Taehyung: “About yesterday. About what I said about you being able to get a boyfriend.”

Me: “Kenchannayo. I don’t pick the greatest guys anyways.”

Taehyung: “You deserve to be happy though.”

Me: “I am, for now at least. I have an amazing best friend and I got to meet all of you guys.”

Taehyung: “Even though I’ve been pretty mean to you.”

Me: “It’s ok. You probably had your reasons.”

Taehyung: “You’re just easy to pick.”

Me: “I guess I’m just easy going.”

Taehyung: “You do know that it is ok to stick up for yourself sometimes. People will always walk all over you if you don’t.”

Me: “I know. I’m working on it.” * smiles *

Taehyung: “Well as long as you know.”

Me: “I thought I was the older one here.”

Taehyung: “I refuse to call you noona.”

Me: “Ya. Wae?! I’m older.”

Taehyung: “You’re just going to have to call me oppa.”

Me: “How are you my oppa?”
Taehyung: “Because I said and what I say goes?”

Me: “Spoiled brat.”

Taehyung: “How?”

Me: “Because I said.”

 

We kid around the whole as we were making our way towards the station. He is not a bad guy at all. He’s actually pretty sweet and fun.  Once we got to the radio station we met up with the rest of the members and Gyeong.

 

Gyeong: “______!”

Me: “Gyeong!”

Gyeong: “Did you return it?”

Me: “Aniyo.”

Gyeong: “Wae?”

Me: “Taehyung took it.”

Gyeong: “Ya! Taehyung! You know that watch was expensive?”

Taehyung: “So what?”

Gyeong: “So let her return.”

Taehyung: “But its so pretty.” * pouts *

Me: “Gyeong its ok. He can have it. But I saw Junsu-oppa at the mall.”

Gyeong: “WHAT?! And I wasn’t there?! I would’ve beaten him up!”

Me: “It’s ok. He thinks I’m dating Taehyung. Haha.”

Gyeong: “How did that happen?”

Me: “I don’t know. He kind of just assumed. Worse part was that he got mad at me for leaving him!”

Gyeong: “He’s one piece of wok alright.”

Me: “I’m actually glad Taehyung was with me. “

Gyeong: “Wae?”

Me: “I don’t know. I guess it’s just that feeling of there was actually there to help me. I know you’re always there for me. It just felt different.”

Gyeong: “You’re weird.”

Me: “I guess so haha.”

 

We got the boys ready for the radio broadcast. The whole time for some reason I kept on staring a Taehyung and when they had their breaks during the broadcast he would wave at me. He’s actually pretty adorable.

 

Gyeong: “Ya! I thought you wanted to be single for awhile!”

Me: “I do.”

Gyeong: “Well with the way you’re looking at Taehyung isn’t exactly telling me that.”
Me: “He’s younger than I am! What are you thinking?”
Gyeong: “It doesn’t matter if he’s younger. Besides he’s only a year younger.”

Me: “I’m not going to let that happen. I just got out of a relationship I can’t fall in love again already.”

Gyeong: “Mhm.”

Me: “So how about you a Hoseok?”
Gyeong: “What do you mean?”
Me: “Have you not made and progress?”

Gyeong: “Progress? He doesn’t even know I like him.”

Me: “Why don’t you just tell him?”

Gyeong: “What if he doesn’t like me like that? I don’t want it to be awkward. Especailly since no matter what happens I’d still want to work here. You know I’ve always wanted to do makeup.”

Me: “I guess you’re right but I still think you guys would be good together.”

 

We continued to watch the boys and occasionally step in to hand them tissues to fix their makeup and walk out.  Soon the broadcast came to an end. The boys took some polaroids and signed some albums and it was time to head back to the company. While Gyeong and I were unpacking things at the company, some of the boys went to practice while others went to produce songs. I suddenly got a phone call.

Me: “Yeoboseyo.”

Person: “_______.”

Me: “Eomeoni.”

Gyeong: “What?!”

Eomeoni: “It’s been a while huh?”

Me: “Yeah about 10 years.”
Eomeoni: “I should’ve contacted you earlier but I just felt so ashamed.”
Me: “You and abeoji just left me. By myself and took everything. I woke up and all was left was my stuff.”

Eomeoni: “You don’t know what happened. We couldn’t stay.”
Me: “So you left your eleven year old daughter by herself?!”

Eomeoni: “Mianhae _______.”

Me: “That’s all you can say is mianhae?”

Eomeoni: “…”

Me: “Right…I don’t know how you got my number but I don’t think you should call me anymore.”

Eomeoni: “But I’m your mother.”
Me: “You maybe my birth mother but Gyeong’s family took me in. For as long as I could remember her mom was the only mom I knew of. Goodbye eomeoni.”

 

I hung up the phone. Of all the people to call me it had to be her. I haven’t seen or heard from her in years. Why did she all of a sudden call?

 

Gyeong: “______.”

Me: “Kenchannayo.”

Gyeong: “You’re not ok. I know you.”

Me: “I am fine. They’ve been gone for as long as I could remember.”

Gyeong: “It doesn’t mean that you don’t miss them. I know you. You’ve been wondering where they’ve been since they left.”

Me: “But now I don’t care.”

Gyeong: “______...”

Me: “I’m ok Gyeong.”

Gyeong: “If you say so.”

 

We finished packing up and we were about to head out. Gyeong was right. I’m not ok. But I really don’t want to bother Gyeong. It seems like today has been a long day for her and she needs to get some rest.

 

Me: “Gyeong you go ahead and go home first. I think I’m going to stick around and clean up this place a bit.”
Gyeong: “Mianhae. I should help you.”
Me: “It’s ok you need some rest. Go ahead home and I’ll be home soon enough.”
Gyeong: “Alright. Well hurry home.”
Me: “I’ll try. Be safe. Call me if something happens!”

Gyeong: “Ne.”

 

She left so I just started to clean. After I finished cleaning I couldn’t bring myself to go home. I had so many questions. I sat at a table in the company thinking. All of sudden someone put a coffee cup in front of me. When I looked up it was Taehyung.

 

Taehyung: “What are you still doing here?”

Me: “What time is it?”
Taehyung: “About 3 am.”

Me: “Oh. I didn’t realize I’ve been here for that long. Why are you still here?”

Taehyung: “We got out of practice and Yoongi-hyung stayed to produce some songs and I stayed for a bit to keep him company. “

Me: “You must be tired then. Go home and get some rest. You have a performace tomorrow.”

Taehyung: “Aren’t you just as tired?”

Me: “Not really. I have a lot on my mind.”
Taehyung: “What’s wrong?”

Me: “You have to promise me you can’t tell Gyeong. She doesn’t need to worry about me if it’s not needed.”
Taehyung: “Ne.”

Me: “Well up until I was 11 I was living happily with my parents. One night we went out to eat to celebrate my birthday and had a great time. But then I woke up the next morning and they were gone. Not just them either. Everything. Their clothes, furniture, everything. I was left alone with all of my stuff. At that I didn’t know what to do. I just left my stuff there and walked to Gyeong’s house. I told her and her parents what happened. Right at that moment Gyeong’s parents took me in and made me their own. I’m very thankful to them. But today out of nowhere I get a call from my eomeoni.”

Taehyung: “______...”

Me: “I feel angry, sad, and confused. Why would they leave me like that? Why would they contact me now after all of these years? Why didn’t they take me? Why didn’t they come get me? I waited for them. I waited for them for years.”

 

I started to cry. The more I let out the angrier I got. I couldn’t stop cry. Out of nowhere Taehyung pulled me into a hug. He didn’t say anything he just held onto me. He felt warm.

 

Me: “Taehyung…”
Taehyung: “Mianhae. I didn’t know you’ve been through so much.”

 

I didn’t say anything after that. I just kept quiet and let him hold me. It was nice. Besides Gyeong and her parents, I haven’t had anyone hug me like this. None of my exs cared enough to worry about me. Why didn’t someone like him come into my life earlier?