Not Again

One Last Time

The bright sun shining through the curtains woke me up. Today is a very special day.  It’s our anniversary. I rolled over to see that there was a note on the end table.

 

“__________, I’m going to work. See you later.”

 

No I love you again. Well oppa’s at work. Time to go get his anniversary gift. We’ve been dating for 2 years now and I think he’s the one. I mean its been a while since he told me he loves me and lately he’s been a little cold but we’ve made it this far. I got up and started to get ready. I headed to the mall and looked around for the perfect gift. As I’m walking around I passed a store and in the showcase was a watch. It was perfect. Oppa’s wanted a new watch for a while now. I wasted no time. I walked into the store and was kindly greeted by an older gentleman.

 

Gentleman: “Annyeonghaseyo! How are you doing today?”

Me: “I’m doing well and yourself?”

Gentleman: ”I’m doing just fine. How may I help you?”

Me: "I would like to purchase the watch that is in the showcase.”

Gentleman: “What a wonderful choice. Is it for someone special?”

Me: “It is. It’s for my boyfriend of 2 years.”

Gentleman: "That’s a great gift for him. He is a very lucky young man.”

Me: “Kamsahabnida.”

 

I walked out of the store with the watch in a gift bag. As I headed out of the store a couple passed me. They reminded me of when I first started dating oppa. The guy had his arm around the girl's shoulders as they laughed and kissed...wait a minute…

 

Me: “Jun..su..oppa?”

Junsu: “__________...”

Me: “I thought you were working.”

Junsu: “I can explain.”

Me: “No need I’ll pack my things and leave. Have fun with your new girlfriend.”

 

Tears fell from my eyes as I walked away back to where I once called home. I started to pack as soon as I walked through the doors. The tears kept on falling and for some reason they just won’t stop. After a little bit of pacing I decided to call Gyeong.

 

Gyeong: “Yeoboseyo!”

Me: “Gyeong would you mind if I stayed for a little while until I find a place of my own?”

Gyeong: “Of course, but what about Junsu-oppa.”

Me: “We broke up.” * trying to hold in the tears *

Gyeong: “Oh ______. You have the worst luck with guys. Well I’ll be waiting. We can talk when you get here.”

Me: “Alright. I’ll see you here in a bit then. I’m almost done.”

 

I hung up the phone and continued to pack. I looked at the watch I just bought. It’s a good thing that I kept the receipt. I’ll return it later. I finished packing and looked at this place one last time. Once I leave this place I will never return. I got into the taxi and headed to Gyeong’s apartment. When I got there I knocked on her door.

 

Gyeong: “______!!” * gives me a huge hug”

Me: “Ya! You’re hurting me!”

Gyeong: “Miahnhae. Come in.”

Me: “Thanks Gyeong. I’m sorry it was so sudden.”

Gyeong: “It’s ok. You’re my best friend so you don’t have to be sorry.”

 

As I set my stuff in the corner of her apartment and sat down on the couch, tears started to flow again. How could he? After all we’ve been through. How could he just go and cheat on me? It's happened over and over again. I don't know what is wrong with me. Every time I get into a relationship something happens. I’m done with it. I'm done with the heartache and the tears.

 

Gyeong: “Omo. What’s wrong? What happened?” * panicking *

 

Gyeong always worries about me. She’s been there for me since we met in grade school. She was the strong one. She always knew what to do. Even after my parents left me all by myself her family took me in.

 

Me: “Gyeong…Junsu-oppa cheated on me.”

Gyeong: “Omo…I knew he was no good. How did you find out?”

Me: “I caught him at the mall when I was getting his anniversary gift. He was supposed to be at work.”

Gyeong: “______, you’re too good for him anyways.”

Me: “If I’m too good for him then why was it that he was the one that cheated and not me?”

Gyeong: “Because you’re too good of a person and you know how much it hurts. You’ve been in that situation too many times.”

Me: “I guess.”

Gyeong: “Hey at least he didn’t hit you like that one jerk…what was his name?”

Me: “Oh god don’t even remind me. I’m just glad I got out of there before it got worse. But it’s all thanks to you that I was able to get out of it.”

Gyeong: “You just at picking guys out.” * jokingly to make me feel better*

Me: “I guess so!” * I giggled a bit.”

Gyeong: “Hey how about this? You can come to work with me tomorrow to get your mind off of things!”

Me: “Sure I have nothing else better to do.”

Gyeong: “It’ll be fun. Besides you’ll get to meet these awesome guys.”

Me: “I don’t think I want another boyfriend for awhile, if I ever want one again.”

Gyeong: “I’m not trying to set you up silly. These guys will make you laugh and forget everything. Trust me.”

Me: “Fine. They can’t make me feel any worse than I already do.”

Gyeong: “Yay!!!”

 

Gyeong works at an entertainment company called Big Hit Entertainment. It’s not a huge company like YG or JYP but she absolutely loves it there. She works there as one of their makeup artists.

 

Gyeong: “Let’s go have some BBQ as a celebration.”

Me: “Celebration? What are we celebrating?”

Gyeong: “We are celebrating your separation from a d-bag! He didn’t deserve you!”

 

This girl. I have the greatest best friend in the world.

 

Me: “Are you treating?” * I smiled *

Gyeong: “Umm…”

Me: “Haha. Let’s just split the bill.”

Gyeong: “Sounds good!”

 

We went out to eat and somehow ended up going shopping. Later that night we came home. After showing I laid down in her spare bedroom. Today was a long day. Thinking back on it. No matter how many times I’ve been through this it doesn’t hurt any less. I cried as I fell asleep. Let’s hope tomorrow will be a better day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that was the first chapter of "One Last Time" I really hope you've enjoyed reading so far. Please leave a comment on what you think of it so far!!! :) Also I as doing pics so if anyone is willing to make one for the story I would really appriciate it! Don't worry I wouldn't take credit for it! Thank you so much again for reading! Don't foret to subscribe for more!