Day 7.

Heungtan .....dan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It makes them dizzy, almost, how big the difference is. How Jimin's mindset will go from being indulged in everything good, comforting, reassuring, just really feeling themself... to chasing after plans and deadlines, trying to meet standards they can barely reach, keeping a front up, and whatnot. They wonder how Taehyung does it. Didn't he too say he's not a boy? How does he keep up with it? Is it his acting skills, or does he simply care less? Jimin would love to know how to make that 'switch' from male idol to a kid who wants to feel like any ordinary human, and is not male either actually. Maybe it's their friend's stage name that helps, they figure.

Unbelievable how it takes merely another two days of idol related duties before they're through with it. Their firm knees are bruised and wobbly from all the dancing, their face is sweaty and shiny (hair luckily isn't, so they can still run a hand though it, thank gosh) and their heels seem to leviate a bit, the ghost feeling of soles tricking them, sneakers being kicked off long ago. All Jimin wants to do is go into their new room, flop down on Hoseok or Taehyung's bed as climbing the bunk bed is too much of a struggle, and sleep until the next schedules start.

And that's exactly what they're about to do, except...

"Taehyung-ah, what... are you doing?"

"Hm?" Their friend looks up from the ground, where he's seated with legs folded and a box on his lap. "Oh, this? I'm taking out our clothes."

"Our...?", Jimin starts, but halts as they see what's in Taehyung's boney hands. It's a garment, made out of a thin fluttery fabric, with a fun floral print.

It takes the older one a while to recognise the item, even if they've purchased it only last week. "Tae-ah, is that my croptop?", they asks protectively before trying to snatch it from their friend's hands. Taehyung laughs widely and loudly, scrambling onto the bed behind him and holds the croptop with stretched arms, as far away from Jimin as he can. Jimin grunts, slips out a small, annoyed laugh and climbs over the other, attempting to retrieve their garment. "Give it back, you punk!", they huff out frustratedly as the younger is too fast.

"Give what back?", a voice asks cheerfully from the doorframe.

Jimin's head snaps back in an instant and Taehyung's probably looking past him too, though he's cautious enough to hide the content of his hand in the pillow behind him.

Hoseok doesn't seem to know what's going on and still smiles, unsuspecting, with arms crossed and frame moving in quick circles to see what's the fuss about. "What's going on?", he asks.

Jimin never thought it'd be hard to think up a lie, and please let them come up with one anyway because Taehyung is much worse at it. Jimin's face heats up, their heartbeat can be felt thumping in their neck and wow, they suddenly feel hydrated and out of voice?

"What, was I interrupting a moment or something?," Hoseok jokes with a horribly smug expression on his face. 

The youngest of the three flings a pillow at the eldest for that. "No, we were just looking at clothes!"

His best friend's panicky stare moves from Hoseok to Taehyung at that. Jimin hopes their pleading expression and yell muffled in their closed mouth says enough to him. 

Unfortunately, Hoseok shuts the door and walks in anyway, taking seat at the side of his bed, probably also reminding them that it's his and they shouldn't jump around or whatever on it.

Taehyung tries his best to keep the top now not from Jimin's reach, but from Hoseok's sight. His attempt is futile though. The box by the side of the bed is still in plain sight and the rapper bows, roaming his arms through it and picking out something white. Oh no. It's Taehyung's skirt. No no no we're ed, spooks through Jimin's mind.

"Are these fan's gifts?"

Jimin looks in shock at the elder. Then back at the other below them. Should they tell him yes? Just flat out lie, but at least be done with this topic? But how long until they have to lie again, and again, until they get found out anyway? In a much worse way? Jimin starts to feel a bit sick.

Taehyung shakes his head a bit in the pillow and Jimin assumes they understand the hint.

"Yea-"

"No-"

Oh.

Hoseok gives them both a dry smile and plants his back further, wobbling lightly on the mattress. "You bought this stuff yourselves, right?"

The two nod, slowly- anxiously.

"And it's for yourselves too?"

Jimin's jaw drops a bit. "Eh, the- uhm-", they start, but Taehyung interrupts. "Yeah." So he practically decided to keep an open book with the elder, okay.

The latter nods, hums and lays the skirt flatly on the bed, adjusting the folds until it looks pleated as it should be. "Can you show me how you combinate it?"

The 95ers give each other warm smiles at that and brighten up. "Yes! But..." Jimin their bottom lip and grins, happy about having thought up an idea that makes it fair for both parties. If Hoseok can still not be fully trusted now, then he must be involved more to avoid him telling others. "Only if you wear this top," Jimin presents the idea. Literally; they pick another top and toss it at Hoseok, who is quick to catch it.

"Why not?", he asks with a loud laugh after.

 

It takes a bit longer than preferred to get changed, but it's only logical it would take a while when they switch turns with getting dressed and turning away to give the other privacy. It probably sounds a bit weird when it's just your roommates, but Taehyung gets sincerely uncomfortable by (near) nudeness and Jimin too, though the rule doesn't seem to apply to their own body when they walk through the dorm or hotel room after a shower. Hoseok on the other hand is on another level; he's known to be the most erted member of the group (perhaps after Namjoon, but at least he's more quiet) and will give a terrible remark or buttslap whenever he sees his chance. Taehyung and later on Jimin put their hands on his eyes, keeping both him from doing something dirty and keeping themselves preoccupied. Okay, that and maybe they all want it to feel a bit exciting to dress up, and wan't to keep each other's appearances a surprise for each turn.

Hoseok is last and takes the shortest, since there's only a top available for him to wear. "You can look, you dorks."

Jimin hesitantly turns around, afraid the elder tried to trick them, but the coast is clear so it's okay to tap Taehyung's shoulder.

The two youngest stare in awe, unsure of what to say. "Hobi-hyung, this is...", Jimin mumbles.

"What, not good? I knowww, my belly button is weird. Maybe I should just wear something long-"

"No, it looks great on you!!", Taehyung is quick to reassure him. 

Jimin nods. "It does. Maybe you need some more items in the future, but that's it." Hoseok's black leather skinny pants that he already had do look nice with the short sleeved croptop. It may be coloured plain white, but somehow basic colours do look the best on the rapper, if Jimin has to be honest.

If smiles could literally shine, then Hoseok's, squished in between two wonderful soft round cheeks, would be blinding. "Ohh thank you guys, you look amazing too," he says, giving them an obnoxiously powerful hug. "But... 'future'? What do you mean, you wanna crossdress again with me?"

If hearts could literally just spontaneously drop out of your rib case, Jimin would be sure theirs has fallen by now and is rolling somewhere under a closet. Hoseok has misunderstood ever since he discovered the clothes. Should the other two just leave it at that? They've exposed too much of themselves already, surely things will escalate if they try to pass this barrier too. It's too big; too risky. There's only so much of what people tolerate or try to understand, and Jimin can't be too upset if they don't get everything themself either. Yet they are upset and they can't help letting out a shaky breath.

"Ah, crossdressing..." Taehyung mumbles, almost defeatedly, as he holds onto the stairs to Jimi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter