Day 1

Heungtan .....dan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jiminie."

"Huh?" He opens an eye slowly. The group is being prepared for a live show in China: all group members still have clips in their hair and make up artists have to re-apply layers because the nervous idols can't keep still. They've trained weeks for this day (though it's a rarity for them to not practice) and here they are, waiting.

"Jiminie, I was wondering." 

Taehyung moves closer, focus moving from the mirrored image of the two to themselves. "Go on."

"I was wondering, do you think I can get that look from a while ago again? You know, with the white line under my eyes?"

Jimin stares down, thinking for a while and then nods as he remembers. "I'm sure yo- you can ask the make up artists about it." Jimin often stutters like that when he tries to talk in a different speed.

Expressionless face not changing, Taehyung shakes his head. "I want you to do it for me."

Jimin's head jerks to the left, but is nudged back gently by the make up artist's hand. "What, uhm." He looks at his friend through the mirror, a bit too embarrassed to stay still. "I'm not that good with make up."

"You don't know unless you try," Taehyung says with ease.

"Hm..." Jimin presses his lips outwards, making him resemble a goldfish a bit. His friend smiles at that thought. "Hmmmokay, I'll do it!" Jimin finally gives in.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, sure."

It's settled then.

 

The next day is busy; in the morning everyone has to clean out the mess in their rooms because of Seokjin's and Hoseok's nagging, in the afternoon they have a fansign event and in the evening a radio interview. Because the concert is over and they have no proper space to practice for when they're back, 'exercising' is now just working out. However, there is just as few free time as usual and it needs to be planned carefully.

"Do you think we'll make it in time before the interview? I mean. I mean I don't want to have only half your face done and then have to erase it."

They're back in the hotel room, a bit tired from the fansign, though it was very fun. "We'll make it in time. I'll watch anime right before bed so you have more time, okay?" Taehyung assures him. Jimin, standing behind him, rummages through a small bag with all sorts of make up. "Ah, okay," he says in English. "Just sit down first." Taehyung does so, waiting for his friend to do something.

Jimin takes a couple of items and lays them out on the table. "I'm... not sure if I have the right kind of eye pencil? I haven't used these yet. Uhmm. Let's see..." He takes two in his hand and brings it up to the other's face, displaying them for him. "I think this one is too sparkly, but this one looks a bit too pink to count as white."

Taehyung sits still for a bit before chosing. "I think the pinkish one is fine," he says, pointing at the eye pencil. Jimin nods and puts the dismissed one back on the wooden table. But once the tip of the make up item is below Taehyung's eye, he doesn't dare using it.

"Ah, my hands are shaking. I can't do this when standing, heheh." He quickly takes a foldable chair that stood by the window and sets it down, taking seat. Taehyung chuckles a bit. "It's fine." 

Jimin grins, but becomes a bit more composed (for as far as he is able to) when he finally starts. "Ah, oops," he mumbles to himself before picking up another item. "You don't have concealer on yet. Let's do that first." Taehyung doesn't want to mess up his friend's concentration and stays still, replying with a mere "Hn-hmm."

Before applying the concealer that works like a mascara brush, Jimin doubts if using a sponge would be smart.

"I have to use my finger, sorry."

"It's fine."

Wiping his finger across the skin underneath closed eyes, he evens out the concealer.

Looking at his eyelids, Jimin remembers a strange make up look he himself once had for a shoot. He can't help it and smiles with lips pressed inwards, trying to hold in a laugh. Taehyung isn't aware and asks "What are you gonna put on now?"

"Hmm... I don't think you had eyeliner on." Jimin makes some hand gestures that imitate using a eyeliner pen, but those aren't necessarily meant for the other. "It was kind of a... look? I think that's what it's called."

 Taking the light eye pencil in his hand, he gives a brief warning. "I want you to stay really still now and open your eyes, okay?"

Taehyung speaks a soft "U-huh" and opens one of his eyes, because two might make him teary. Jimin sits closer and draws a thin edge on the eye's water line and curves it around the inner side of the eye. It looks almost magical how easily the sharp but soft tip can leave behind a trail that sticks so well on such an odd place in a face.

Jimin moves his chair back and places a hand over his view of one side of Taehyung's face. "I think you do need eyeliner after all? Not sure about mascara."

He sets the chair back to its old position and mirrors the light line onto the other eye.

"Do you have to take in meds yet?"

Jimin stops with the make up and looks at his friend. He's done with the wite line around the second eye anyway. "Oh, I. Not yet."

Knowing he will mess up Taehyung's face if he tries to talk when working on it, he doesn't hold up the black eyeliner for a while longer. Taehyung opens his eyes, knowing he can look.

Jimin answers: "They're still not sure what I have. First they thought it was a form of autism, because uh. Mainly because I can lose myself in an activity. But I'm too... expressive? I use too many facial expressions or something. It's kinda weird! So now they think it's ADHD because of my bad concentration."

Taehyung nods. "Ah, I see. Do you want to get medicines for it if they recommend that? Like ritalin?"

Jimin takes off the cap of the eyeliner pen and holds it in his other hand.

"I don- don't know. Maybe? If it helps."

Taehyung looks in the distance and mumbles a vague "That's true..."

Jimin holds out his flat hand with the palm facing the ceiling and brings his fingers back a couple o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter