Chapter1 - Final

My Answer is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Monday like any other Mondays. Me and my friends sitting in our usual place, while they talk about boys.

 

"Hey, don't you think Ah Young and Chanyeol would be a perfect fit?" Asked Soojin, making me almost spit out my banana smoothie.

"Are you out of your mind? I don't even know who is Chanyeol" I slurped my banana smoothie.

"What?! You don't know who he is?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Ay, Soojin-ah, our Ah Youngie here doesn't like boys, remember?" One of my friends pinched my cheek. I swatted her finger off my cheeks as I stood up with my bag in my hand.

"Going there already?" Asked Soojin.

"Yeah, you guys are no fun... Just joking... I got free period next" I smiled and walked off.

 

---

 

I opened the second music room door and set my bag near the violin stand. It was always like this, every Monday after recess I would walk here to waste my time. The first music room is always occupied by the sound of guitar, that's why I always came to the second music room.

 

I walked to the black baby grand piano and opened the cover. I sat down while pressing on random keys. Just then, I remembered something. Banana Smoothie. I walked to my bag and grabbed a small bottle of banana smoothie. I stabbed the straw hole and immediatley slurped it. I took my piano book and walked back to the piano. I opened my book and played Dream. After that I played 2 other songs by Yiruma, Kiss the Rain and River Flows in You and my own hand-written song 'My Answer is You'. After playing,  I my eyelids were so heavy, blame it on History, I slept at 3AM yesterday. 

 

I decided to take a short nap. I set an alarm on my phone at 1 PM so I won't over sleep. I crossed my arms above the piano keys and rested my head on it.

 

---

 

Call me baby I georineun wanjeon nanriya Call me baby saramdeul saineun namiya Call me baby-

 

"" Argh..." I turned my alarm off and closed my book. I stood up and realised there was another 2 bottles of banana smoothie on a sheet of paper.

It says, 'I love the way you played Dream, keep up the good work! Oh, and there was a buy 2 get 1 free promo in the store, so I gave you two and I drank one, I hope you don't mind. PS: wipe ofF your drool.     -C'

This is the third time I received these kind of letter. I'm really curious of 'C'. Who's 'C'? And, hey! I have no drool!

 

---

 

Today, I'm going to find out who is 'C'. I walked to the piano room and did my usual routine, but this time, I will be pretending to be sleeping. I finished playing 'Hope' and folded my arms above the piano keys like last Monday And closed my eyes.

After a few minutes the door creaked open and the wooden floor made a squelching sound. I felt an arm extending above my head. I peeled one of my eye open, a firm arm was extended while holding a bottle of banana smoothie.

"Hey!" The person jumped backward from my voice. He fell -first as he looked at me with shock written on his face.

"Uh.. Umm-OUCH!” The empty flower pot from the cupboard behind him fell and hit his forehead, apparently he stumbled back and hit the cupboard. 

"Oh, God, are you okay?" I stood up and walked to him. His forehead is now coloured in bright purple with a small bleeding  scratch.

"Uh, yeah-ouch" he flinched when I touched his scar.

"Whoops.. Sorry... Wait a second" I walked over to the table with a medical kit box. I opened it and fetched a band aid, a few cotton and a bottle of betadine.

"Can you seat over there?" I pointed to the chair near the window as I walked to him. I sat down next to him and put the band aid aside for later. I squeezed the betadine bottle, making it  drop a few times on the cotton pad. I moved closer to the guy a patted the cotton pad softly on his scar. He flinched a little and I muttered a soft 'sorry' to him and continued. After that, I covered his scar with a band aid.

"There.. That should do..." I tapped the band aid softly as I smiled at myself, feeling proud. Then, the room fell silent, awkward silence.

"Umm.. Okay.. I should get going" 

"Wait! You haven't explain to me about what are you doing here" he stopped standing up and sat down again.

"Were you... Stalking me?" I asked.

"No! No.. No.. I was just.. Just.. Well, I like the way you play the piano and I noticed that you come here every Monday, so I thought that I would give you some encouragement letters"

"And what about the banana smoothie?"

"Oh, that... Those are my favourites, so I thought you should try it to"

"Well, too bad I already liked it first"

"You like those smoothies too?!"

"Yeah"

"I have a good feeling that we will be good friends... I'm Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol" oh, so he is Chanyeol.

"I'm Choi  Ah Young, nice to meet you Chanyeol"

"So, what do you play?" He asked.

"I play the piano" 

"Really?! I play the piano too, but only a bit, I also play the guitar and drums"

"Wow, you're talented. Can you play a song for me on the piano? "  

"Sure!" He walked to the piano and started playing a song, which was 'May be' 

 

He ended the song with me clapping. It was indeed fantastic. 

"Wow.. That was good"

"Thanks... Hey, I was wondering what was the song that you played last week? The last one" 

"Oh, that one... Umm.. I wrote it myself. It's my first one" I said.

"Really?! Wow, I thought you are a song writer!" he exclaimed.

"Really? hahaha.." I laughed nerveously. 

 

We sat there not knowing what to talk about. In other words it was awkward. I looked everywhere except his face. To be honest, he is a bit handsome- Argh!! NO! what are you talking about?! He is not handsome and that's it. Period.

 

"Ah Young... Ah Young! AH YOUNG!!" I snapped out off my thoughts and faced Chanyeol.

"What?" I asked.

"The bell went" he said while standing up.

"Oh.." I stood up and packed up my stuff. I zipped my bag and walked to the door where Chanyeol is waiting.

"Let's go.. What's your next class?" he asked.

"Maths..." I said while sighing.

"Arghh... Mrs. Kim's class?" he asked.

"Yeah.." I puckered my lips.

"I hate that class..." He said.

"Really? Me too!" I said. He smiled then lifted his hand up, expecting a high five, but instead, I bumped my fist at his palm. He shook his head and chuckled.

 

He walked me until we were infront of my maths class. On our way here, we got a lot of stares, well, maybe because of 'since when did Choi Ah Young walks around the school with a boy beside her?'

 

"So.. I'll see you around?" He asked.

"Yeah... sure, I'll see you around. But, lunch sounds good too" I smiled.

"So.. lunch?" He asked.

"I'll be waiting..." I smiled. I walked in the class while biting my lips, surpressing the big grin I had on my face.

 

---

 

Months later...

 

It was Monday again, which means going to the music room and meeting Chanyeol there. So, I walked towards the second music room. I opened the door, but frowned because Chanyeol wasn't there. I shrugged it off, maybe he's late. I walked towards the piano. I noticed that there is a small paper on the piano and a bottle of banana smoothie on top of it. Here we go again. I chuckled and read the letter.

 

'Hello, Ah Youngie~

You probably wonder why I'm not here. Well, that doesn't matter. Now, can you head to the gym? I'll be waiting for you there. I hope you enjoy

the smoothie...    -C'

 

I giggled a bit a the letter. I took the banana smoothie and walked towards the gym where Chanyeol is waiting. Chanyeol and I became closer after that day, Chanyeol introduced me to his guy friends and that's how I started talking to boys ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter