Episode 0

Korea's Next Top Male Model

Twelve of them were in the room, sitting at a large oval wooden table, waiting nervously for some people to come. They had received instruction from the floor director to remain inside the room, not to go out unless for toilet, a time of which had been ended five minutes before. It was just fifteen minutes but to them, it felt years already. They hadn’t really done anything except for exchanging some small bows, greetings, and introduction. They were all too nervous to chat. To kill the tension, some of them preferred to talk in a hushed voice with the person next to them. Others were simply fidgeting or biting their nails. All the gadgets had been consfiscated before and for those who couldn’t live without their screens, it was simply nightmare.

The doors were knocked, all the heads turned around in anticipation.

“Hello everyone!”

Everyone gaped as a very beautiful woman entered room, followed by a stunning man. A moment later came a stoic man with overtly flamboyant walking that emitted an aura of a diva. All the twelve stood up and replied the greetings. Together, the trio took a standing in the middle of the room, lips smiling to the twelve young men inside the room.

“Thank you for waiting for us patiently. We are so sorry for arriving a bit later than our scheduled time. There was a bit conversation with show’s executive director in the changing room, we can’t help but listening to the words from the big boss.”

All the boys grinned after listening to the words of the beautiful lady. Her serene voice was disippating all the worry inside their hearts.

“My name is Han Chae Young. You may call me Chae Young.”

“Hello, Chae Young-ssi.”

“As you all have known, I am the host of this program. I will be your mentor during the competition and the one that decides the outcome of the competition. However, I am not alone, there are two other people that will give their mind and effort to introduce you to the world of modelling. As critics, they help me to determine who will stay and soar in the competition. Siwon-ssi, would you like to introduce yourself?”

“Thanks, Chae Young. Hello everyone, my name is Choi Siwon. I am the creative photographer in the entire series. I will be taking the pictures of you and teach you how to pose in front of the camera. Thank you.”

“Thank you, Siwon. Such a straightforwarded person, aren’t you? Well, Shindong-ssi, your turn now.”

“Thanks, Chae Young. Hello boys! Nice to see you all fresh and ready for the journey. I’m Shindong. I will be your runway coach and fashion critics. I’m mostly nice, but I could be wild at other times. Roar!”

The cat-like motion he did with his hands earned Shindong chuckles and small laughs from the people in the room. Chae Young squealed before she gritted her teeth cutely.

“My, my, Shindong! You are such a brat! Alright boys, the twelve of you  are here to compete in the competition. You have been selected from thousands of applicant that registered themselves in this first ever Top Male Model competition. Be happy, be proud. The twelve of you are the top twelve of all inspiring young male models in this country.”

Twelve of them were having the same expression on their face: amazement. Looking at each other, excitement was incontainable in their eyes. They anticipated everything, this would be a huge leap for their career, an enormous golden door of future for their life. The one who made it to the top would soar to the sky, fulfilling the dream that each of them had been harboring for years.

“The winner of this show will be crowned as Korea's first ever next top male model, as well as being chosen as the representative for Korea for Asia's Next Top Male Model. Together with these great men, the three of us will be your judges throughout the competition. I wish to see a fair play, but most of all, I wanna see you all take the most learning from all the things we will do later. Your time may be limited, but take as much as you can, take the most of it. Learn from the best, so you will be the best.”

Chae Young, the host of the show gave them her most enchanting, mesmerizing smile as she was stretching her hands.

"Welcome to the first Korea's Next Top Male Model."

 

*   *   *

 


April 4, 2015

 

Yeay! Finally, I can visualize the things in my mind. I always wonder how the boys would be if they were to enter ANTM or such things. Have the prelude done and let the drama started!

 

Schandelierre