Problems

Change The Unapproachable [ON HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Y-you?! You had your first kiss before me?! And with someone you just met today? Are you sure you're my sister?!" Hyomin exclaimed as her sister told her what happened during the party.

"Unnie be quiet! Father or one of the maids or guards will hear it!" Jiyeon hissed. "And, yes I did have my first kiss before you, yes it was someone I met just today, and YES I AM YOUR SISTER."

"Hm, fine. So who's this kissy guy's name?"

"He told me to call him... um, L I think?"

"Are you serious? What's his brother's name? M?"

"I don't know either! He just told me that and I had to go after that."

"I didn't know Cinderella's story was this funny." Hyomin laughed.

Jiyeon held back a scowl as she lied down on her bed on her back in silence for a moment before she asked "So how was your story?"

"It was so weird! The guy, I don't know why but it felt like I could tell him anything and I trusted him."

"So, what? Did you spill father's business secrets with him?"

"No, I told him about... mother."

Jiyeon froze and asked "Why?" she paused for a moment and stared at her before continuing."Is it so easy to talk about her that you told that guy everything? Is it that unimportant to you?" She felt anger and sadness rising out of her.

"No! Jiyeon, you know that's not what I meant."

"But why? Do you trust anyone that you just met a few minutes ago?" she said making the atmosphere turn cold.

"Park Jiyeon. You know how much I love her. Why are you always overreacting over these things?"

"Because I care about her that's why!"

"Are you saying that I don't care about mother?!" Hyomin finally exploded.

Just as Jiyeon opened to reply the door opened instead to reveal their father.

"Girls, enough. Hyomin follow me, now." he said emotionlessly.

Hyomin sent Jiyeon a glance of melancholy and disappointment before following him out of Jiyeon's room.

Jiyeon couldn't look back at her and started to feel tears forming around her eyes. "Why did I say that? She was in a good mood and I just ruined it."

 

"I'm sorry for making a ruckus in the middle of the night, father. It was my fault." she said solemnly looking down.

"I'm not here to discuss that matter, Hyomin." he said before continuing "I will have to retire soon. You and Jiyeon will have to start taking control of the company."

"I'll try my best father."

"But when you retire, there will be no more future generations, so you will have to get married before taking over."

"But father, I-"

"I know. And I'm sorry. It's for the best. We need a secure family, I can't afford to end our life like that."

"I-...okay. Thank you father." Hyomin said before leaving her father's study room.

She was about to put her hand on the knob of Jiyeon's door but pulled away and headed back to her own room.

Hyomin just stared around at her room.

Any girl would love to have her life, but how she wished she had a normal life.

With a sigh she grabbed her phone and dialed her brother's phone number.

Yes, they kept in contact. She didn't tell Jiyeon and he didn't tell his own mother about it.

"Oppa."

"Oh Hyomin, its been a while. How have you and Jiyeon been?"

"We were fine.Sorry to be rude but um c-can I speak to mom?"

"...Of course you can. Just give me a minute to explain to her, I'll call you back in a few minutes."

"Gomaweo oppa." she said before setting her phone down on her bed.

"You-you kept in contact with oppa? And you didn't tell me?" Hyomin heard a voice say. She looked up to find Jiyeon staring her with a mixture of anger and betrayal.

"Jiyeon-"

"Unnie, you could've at least told me about this. Why didn't you tell me? So you can just leave me to be miserable with nobody?"

"Park Jiyeon! Listen to me. How can you accuse me of something like that? Do you not trust me?"

"I trusted mother and my brother but look what happened."

"You can't trust me? I've never been apart with you your whole life and you can't trust me?!" Hyomin raged as she continued again. "That's your problem. You think everyone is against you so you always try shutting people that are nice out of your life."

"Park Hyomin, Park Jiyeon." they heard a voice they longed for so much.

"Mom?" they trembled as they shifted to the phone.

"You left your phone on silly."

"Eomma I miss you so much."

"I miss you too. How I wish I could see you again."

"Eomma..." Both girls broke down at hearing her voice.

"I'm sorry, loves. I must've made the wrong choice when I left you there with your father."

Hyomin and Jiyeon just stared at each other as if they were forgiving each other in their mind.

"I'm so sorry. I thought you would have a more easy life when you were with your father. I thought you would suffer when you lived with me."

"At least we would be with you and Chanyeol oppa." Jiyeon murmured.

"I know, I know. I had no money though."

"What do you mean? Didn't you own the Kim Company?"

They heard some shuffles and mutters and finally heard their brother's voice.

"Why don't you come over to XOXO Cafe and I'll explain. Tomorrow morning at 9."

The two agreed and hung up.

"I'm sorry." Jiyeon whispered as tears started to brim around her eyes again.

"How many times have I heard and said sorry today?" Hyomin said with a chuckle while tears started to drop out of her own eyes. She pulled the younger into a hug.

"I'm sorry I couldn't give you what I wanted my children." their father whispered from behind the door listening to the whole thing.

FLASHBACK

"Please dad! I don't love him. Don't do this to me, please." he heard his future wife plead.

"But I love you. Can't you give me a chance?" he muttered in thin air.

 

"Park Haeyeol, will you take Kim Hyunji to be your wife, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish her friendship and love her today, tomorrow and fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter