Broken 2 (IrenexJessica)

Wandering Minds [DISCONTINUED]

Jessica was sleeping comfortably on her bed when a sudden ring woke her up.



"Dang it." she muttered and glared at the ceiling. She swears that whoever was calling right now would be dead later.


The ringing stopped so she smiled in triumph and snuggled the pillow on her left. A few seconds passed and she was finally feeling the sleepiness kick in, but the ringing came back.


She groaned, but decided that she should take this one. So, she kicked her blanket harshly that it fell on the floor and grudgingly walked to look for her phone.


"Where is that damn phone?!"


She looked at every possible corner. She peeked under her bed, looked at her bed, under her pillows, but to no avail. Unfortunately, the ringing stopped again.


"Where the heck.. Oh!!"


Then she remembered that her sister, who came by yesterday, threw the phone near the desk. And when she looked at it, the phone was nowhere in sight. The ringing started again and she heard the sound coming from the trash can. Wait.. The TRASH CAN? Oh that freaking brat.


Jessica muttered profanities and grabbed her phone, tapping the answer button in the process. She placed her phone on her ear and waited for the other person to speak, but a few seconds passed by without the other person muttering a word.


"You know what? If this is a prank call, I am so going to---"


"Jessica.."


A weak voice was heard.


"Irene? What happened?!"


She heard a sound. A weird sound and then she answered with trembling voice.


"Help me."

---------------


I beg you. Please. Come back to me. I can't live without you. I tried to, but I just can't.

You, coming into my life completed me, but you left me. You left me cruelly. You left me without having second thoughts. You left me without even looking back, while on the other hand I cried so much that time while looking at your retreating back knowing that that will be the end of 'us'.


Wendy, are you happy now? I'm here trying to mend the broken pieces of my heart... Do you understand how hard that is? It is so freaking hard that I just want to give up.


I'm really getting tired... I want you back. I want 'us' back. I'm hopeless, aren't I? I just want you back, is that bad?



"Irene?"


That voice.. Could it be..

-----------------


"IRENE! Where are you?" Jessica frantically searched the Bae's house, looking for a certain brunette.



She stopped when she heard someone crying. Jessica turned to her left and was sure that Irene is in the bathroom.


"Irene!! It's Jessica. Please open the door."


Jessica desperately knocked on the door. What if she was trying to kill herself? What if someone came into the house and her? What if--


"J-jessi...ca.. S-she c-ame.."


The sight of Irene crying miserably pained Jessica. The pale-looking girl lunged herself in Jessica's arms the moment she opened the door.


"Sshh. I'm here. You're okay now."


Jessica carried Irene and seated themselves on the couch. The older just hugged the other girl, hoping that it would somehow ease the pain she's feeling.


"S-she came.. Then she l-left me, a-again.."


And Jessica understood what happened.

----------------


"Thank you Sica-unnie for taking care of my sister." Suzy bowed when she got home from school and saw Jessica and the sleeping Irene, who's lying on Jessica's lap, on the couch.


"It's not a big deal, really." Jessica smiled and shrugged.


"I don't know how to repay you for this."


"It's okay."


"But I want to repay you somehow!"


"You really want to? Then, let me take care of Irene. That's the only thing I want."


Suzy didn't answer. Her train of thoughts battling with her.


Will Jessica be able to mend the broken pieces together or will she leave just like her?

---------------

TBC

AN:
Crappy chapter, I know. Been busy with school works so I'm sorry!

What do you think of this chapter? Comments please! Thank you! :)