Final

Lipstick and Mascara
Please log in to read the full chapter

The girl watched as he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her figure closer to his so quick it caught her off guard. She squealed but fell back under his trance as they deepened the kiss, releasing moans at an irregular momentum. He pressed her against the wall, their tongues swirling around each other's. Music was blaring in the background, the drunk were bumping into them and they seemed to have gathered an audience who wouldn't stop whistling in encouragement. Yet they paid no attention to their surroundings and for a brief moment, the male looked as though he was having the time of his life. The girl wrapped her arms around his neck, getting more of his hot tongue. A prideful smile that said, "That's right, this one hell of a good-looking guy is making out with me." lingered on her face as she momentarily claimed his as her property. She then slipped her hands into his soft hair, playing with it. In response, the male slipped a hand under her shirt, rubbing invisible circles on her waist.

Nara took a sip of her drink, her eyes still fixed on them. She was right all along. Oh Sehun had been cheating on her. It was when Sehun started ignoring her messages and calls when she started to suspect something. The male then left the house and came back only when the sun rose the next day. He had ignored her and didn't shower her with his love and attention. He didn't show his love through his actions anymore. This wasn't the Oh Sehun she knew. The Oh Sehun she knew wouldn't cheat on her. He would protect her and give her his all. He would give her all his attention, care and love and would ruin her lipstick whenever he had a chance. He would never hurt her, never let anything hurt her, never let a tear escape her eyes, never ruin her mascara, never ruin her life and never break her heart. 

Where was the Oh Sehun she knew since they were born? She wanted that Oh Sehun, not the new one. She was hurt very badly, she felt like crying but she wanted to keep strong. She wanted to prove to him that she would be alright even if he left her.

That night, Nara had followed Sehun. She wanted to see for real if he actually was cheating on her. They arrived at a club where Sehun immediately started making out with a stranger.

She placed her drink gently down onto the counter top. She was calm. She wasn't as angry as she had expected herself to be. She hated him so much for cheating on her, yet, her heart doesn't seem to stop beating fast when she was around him. 

She stood up and adjusted her hair and smoothed her clothes. With light steps, she walked over to the couple with her hands folded across her chest and her head held up high while her hips swung from left to right with much confidence and charisma. 

"Sehun," she said calmly. She watched as Sehun broke the kiss with the stranger before staring at her. His eyes widened a little before returning back to its original size. "Nara..." There was a slight hint of shock in his voice but overall, his voice was calm. As though, he didn't care if he got caught cheating, as though he wasn't guilty of cheating on her.

"Looks like you're having fun with-" She glanced at the girl whose lipstick was smudged and clothes was a mess. "-this lady over here." Sehun quickly wiped off the remaining lipstick on his lips. "We were having fun till you appeared, Nara." He said, giving her a smirk.

"I'm disappointed in you, Sehun." She said before walking back to the counter, took her purse and slammed the bill on it before heading out the doors. She could hear footsteps behind her. "Wait, Nara! We need to talk."

She stopped in her steps. "Talk about what, Sehun? I have nothing to talk about." Sehun let out a sigh. "Look. I just want to say that I'm really sorry for cheating on you and that we're over." The boy wanted to talk to her, to get her back although he knew this would be the end of their relationship but when the promise he made to himself flashed in his mind again, he knew, he should let her go now. The sooner, the better.

"Sorry? Are you really sorry?" She asked, turning to look at him. This time, tears threatened to fall. It was the last straw. She had tried her best the past few days to hold back her tears yet now, she felt as though she was going to break down in front of him.

Sehun nodded his head. "Where is the Oh Sehun I knew?" She called, her voice shaking. 

The male froze, he knew why he was doing this. It wasn't because he had fallen out of love with her. Nara was an amazing and charming woman, someone who is impossible to fall out of love with. She never failed to amaze or impress Sehun, it was just impossible to not love her and he knew.

He loved her more than anyone else and would protect her until his last breath - that was why he wanted to break up with her. It was for the sake of her safety, in horror that they would end up like broken like his parents. His parents weren't the greatest example. He had been through many different phases in that household. Abuse was one of them.

He had never known of his mother's side of the story, always siding with her because of his father's actions. His father was the villain in the story, that was until he heard his mother's story through his father. It wasn't lovely, it was cruel. 

Sehun let out a shaky breath.

"He's gone. He died when he found out that his mother had been cheating on his father all along. He hated women ever since then."

"The Oh Sehun I knew would never allow a tear to fall from my eyes. The Oh Sehun I knew would treat me like a princess and shower me with love, care, affection and attention. Where is he? I need him back." 
Sehun clenched his fist. "He died. He's gone. He's gone from this cruel world." Nara scoffed. "A human doesn't simply disappear like that, Sehun." The boy ignored her words and turned around about to head back in.

"Do you remember the day you confessed to me?" She asked, causing him to freeze in his steps. He did. He did remember. It was a day he would always remember, a day he would always cherish. It was a day, a moment, that he would remember oh-so-clearly.

It was on a day away from Nara's birthday. And inside one house, there were shouts and yells. Objects were being flung against the wall and floor and cries were heard. Sehun burrowed his head deeper into his pillow, trying to block out all noise but to no avail. 

Frustrated, he flung his blanket to a side before heading out his room. He stepped outside his room only to see his father raise a hand, about to slap the woman before him. His eyes widened. Sehun quickly rushed towards them and held onto his father's arm to stop him from slapping his mother.

"Let go, son. Do not get involve with this." His father growled. "I am not your son. You're not my father. So stop acknowledging me as your son." Sehun said through gritted teeth. "What did you just say?" He asked turning to Sehun.

"You don't deserve to be my father." With that, his father gave him a blow in his face. "Say that again, you brat!" Sehun smirked at him. "You are not my father. You're just a bastard who abuses his wife."

"You son of a ." His father cursed before taking a beer bottle and threw it at him. He then punched and kicked Sehun continuously. His mother was the one who stopped all this. "Go back to your room, Sehun." 

The boy glared at his father. "I'll get you one day." He said before heading back into his room. He removed the shards of glass that had managed to pierce through his skin before he looked into his toilet cabinet to search for a bandage. He quickly wrapped his wounds loosely before he climbed into bed. 

"Stupid bastard."


The next day, Sehun had gotten up extra early and got out of the chaotic house and headed for school. Nara was already there, sitting in class while listening to music and her head laid on the table. Sehun smiled at the sight. She looked so cute yet pretty. Wordlessly, he approached her squat down beside her. With a smile on his face, he brushed her hair aside to reveal her pretty face and that was when her eyes fluttered open.

The girl sat up and smiled at him. "You're here." She said before keeping her phone in her pocket but when she glanced at his arm, her smile disappeared. "What happened?" She asked, pointing at his arm. Sehun quickly hid his arm behind his back. 

"It's nothing." 

"Sehun," she said, demanding an answe

Please log in to read the full chapter