Begin Again

Begin Again

“Oppa, you don’t understand. I don’t need any protection. I just want to be with you. So just let me stay by your side!” declared Juhyun one day as they were walking home after Luhan’s soccer practice. They had been friends for more than 7 years now, him being one year older than her and them being neighbours. Somehow, he had only seen her as a beautiful and intelligent dongsaeng… and nothing more. This definitely came as a shock to him.

The Seo family had taken good care of him since the day he arrived in Korea 7 years ago – his family and the Seo family were somehow connected in some ways that his parents had entrust Luhan to them during the time that he was in Korea. He was there to learn – education, language, culture and business, on behalf of his family. He was just expecting this to be something to prepare him for his future, never really expected that he had to play a role of a big brother (aka oppa in Korean) to the only child in the Seo family. And so, his life in Korea began then… with a bit of dread and mostly uncertainty.

-------------

“Good morning, oppa!” 24 year old Juhyun greeted a sleepy Luhan as he stepped out of his house. It has been seven months since she started her antics – preparing lunchboxes for him, walking to school with him in the morning, waiting for him as he ends his class and soccer practices… He still was not sure how he should feel about this. Luhan merely nodded, as usual, in return to acknowledge her. She had always been there, but not this intimately?

“Did you have a good sleep?” She asked as they took the usual route to school. Luhan took a side glance at her, trying to observe her – all so smiley and happy, face above average, hair long and black, results… number 1 in the cohort. Maybe he should be glad that a girl like her suddenly confessed to him. He had never had any relationship with a girl like her – though it really was not that many relationship that he had been in. It was just his childhood friend since 5 and possibly the pet shop owner’s daughter… Yup.

“It was okay,” he finally said, and was rewarded with a beaming Juhyun. They continued the walk to school as she went on about a new song that she loved, followed by silence – a still sleepy-looking Luhan (with his bed hair) and a bright, animated and smiling Juhyun humming along to a happy song.  

-----------

At the school corridor, Luhan noticed that Juhyun hesitated a little before bidding him goodbye. She gave a weak smile, and then waved at him before turning around to walk away slowly… which was unusual because she would usually be bright and chirpy and well… annoying?

Juhyun has been nothing but a beam of light in his life and it sometimes made him feel insecure and uncertain as he questioned if he really deserved this. But the past two months have been rather comforting – to have someone consistent in his life, smiling and greeting him without fail. Today for the first time in his 25 years of life, he felt that Juhyun’s a blessing in disguise – an angel from the heavens, something that he was so scared to hope for – a constant.

Instead of walking into his classroom, he took big steps towards Juhyun and then embraced her into a back hug. “Goodbye,” he said as he took a breath of her scent – so sweet and warm, like a summer breeze. Juhyun gasped at the sudden hug and then blushed after hearing his voice.

“I’m sorry if that scared you,” Luhan said as she turned around to look at him in his arms, her beautiful smile back on her pretty face. She shook her head as she embraced him back tightly. “I’ve been dreaming of this,” she whispered into his chest, then she let go of him. “Hehehe,” she giggled shyly. “I was wondering if I should give you a hug or a peck on your cheek before leaving just now. But I was afraid that I would scare you away…” she continued as she looked at Luhan’s chest, feeling a little shy.

Before she could continue, she felt something warm on her forehead. It was his lips. Luhan could not resist this adorable shy being in his arms anymore. “There, both your dreams come true?” he said with his smug face. The usual Juhyun now blanked out and was obviously flustered and shy. “Ya, pabo,” she whined a little and hit his chest lightly. “Thank you,” she said again, this time looking into his eyes as she leaned back on his arms.

This eye contact made Luhan flushed immediately, and he let go of her all of a sudden, leaving her to almost fall on the ground. He realized and immediately pulled her back into his arms. “Maybe you should stay here permanently,” he joked. Juhyun laughed and decided that they should both head to class.

“Goodbye for now, oppa. I’ll see you after class, as usual!!” she said, acting like her normal self again. Luhan let out a small laugh and looked at her as she walked and turned into her class. “Thank you, God. For bringing her into my life, for letting me finally see the constant in my life, for blessing me with this wonderful girl,” he said a silent prayer and then finally walked into his classroom. It seems like his life has finally began in proper. 


A/N: One-shot SeoHan for us all! Hopefully this is fluffy enough. Hehe. 

This was done within 2 hours. So I hope you'll enjoy this. & also, thank you to mei for the inspiration! 

As usual, feel free to commet/feedback/suggest/subscribe/upvote! Thank you!