If Kisses were Raindrops

♫ THE PRECIOUS GIFT ♫

a/n: the italic one is what in Shina's mind or flashback to three years ago.


“Happy Birthday!! Hey, what are you doing? Don’t tell me you are dancing right now,” Shina beams and squints her eyes before she continues, “Though I do love watching you dance, you still need to do something else, you know.” Her voice suddenly soften and her eyes showing a bitterness. “It has been two years since that day. Are you happy? Well, I know you are and it makes me happy too.. Anyway, I need to go now or I’ll be late. I’ll come again to visit you. Annyeong and Saranghae!”

She smiles widely and makes a heart shape above her head then turns her heels and starts running, hoping the last bus that’ll go to Seoul haven’t leave yet. Thank God the hasn’t go yet. She closes her eyes and fasten her run and suddenly she bumped into someone, pretty hard till she fell on the ground.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I didn’t see you. I’m in hurry.” She apologize and bows deeply to the man she bumped to without seeing him properly. “I need to catch the.. BUS!!” She shouts as she sees the bus about to leave.

“Sorry once again.” She said while running as fast as she can, She still lucky she can get into the bus in last second. She tries to catch her breath and looks back to see the man that she bumped to before but he is gone already.

It’ll take two hours to Seoul, she finally relaxes in her seat. She closes her eyes and her mind is wandering back to three years ago when she met him.

 

“Where is she? Where is she?” Shina keeps looking around excitedly, her eyes searching for her long-time-no-see bestfriend, Han Haejin. Haejin moved to America after graduated from senior high school. In Shina’s memories Haejin was beautiful, fit body, beautiful black long hair which now from what she heard from  Haejin is brown.

Shina confidents that she’ll find Haejin easily even in the middle of crowd. Her lips grin when her eyes caught a familiar back, yeah, it just from behind but she 100% sure that someone is her friend, Han Haejin.

She runs to that person and gives a sudden backhug, “Han Haejiiin! Long time no see! I miss you sooo much! How are you?” She keeps attacking that person with questions that she wants to ask to Haejin while her arms still hugging from behind. But instead answering Shina’s question that person keeps in silent or well that person is frozen.

“Haejin ahh~ why you don’t answer me? You must be so surprise hmm?” She giggles and then she realizes something, that person’s body is kinda muscular and the chest is...flat.

“Han Haejin, why your body become so flat?” She is making it as a joke and moves her hands up to the chest and to her surprise, it’s really really really flat.

This time it’s Shina who is frozen, what if she is wrong, what if it’s not Haejin and to her horror, someone pats her shoulder. Shina releases her hug and turns around and she gapes. In front of her stands the best friend that she was looking for.

“Ya! Long time no see you and now you become a very brave girl, huh?” Haejin laughs at Shina who just giving her pale expression.  Shina then slowly turns around , hoping that person who she hugged before just go away but no, he is face to face with Shina now. Yes he. That guy is actually pretty but still his manliness is all over his jaw, eyes,.. face and with flat chest. His long bangs and long maybe can fool people who see him, making them thinking that he might be a girl but his well built body that now Shina notices, he is a guy.

“I.. I’m so sorry, i thought you were m.. my friend..” She said, stuttered.

He raised his left eyebrow and look at Haejin that now standing quitely beside Shina. “You mean this friend? How can you think that? She has nothing looks like me. Just look at her hair.” He said pretty calm which makes Shina scared even more. Shina turns her gaze to look at Haejin and right Haejin’s hair now is not only brown but also curly and short.

“Or you just want to mocking me that i’m look like a girl?” he continued, his face darken.

“No, no, no. I’m not!” Shina shakes her head more than it should be. “I really thought that you are her. Your back figure just exactly looks like she was. I’ve not see her for years and i thought she still the same with the last time i see her.” Shina tries to clear the misunderstanding.

Haejin who just quiet before finally get the situation and she helps Shina to explain it to the guy. From Haejin’s explanation, he finally understand and he starts being a bright man, showing his smile.

But for Shina, it’s weird because there’s something that make her hard to breath. Her heart flutter and beats faster as she sees him.

“I am sorry i was accusing you before. I get very sensitive if its related  to my appeareance.” The guy laughs shyly and then raises his hand to Shina, trying to introduce himself, “My name is Lee Taemin.”

“Kim..Kim Shina.” Shina holds his hand and she can’t take her eyes off from the sweetest smile that appears on Taemin’s face. She feels a rose tint on her both cheeks.