Chapter Six

The Wedding Planner

I dial my mother’s number and press the phone against my ear. I bite my lip and tap my foot to the song on the radio. I know that I’ll encounter the two of them soon enough but I didn’t expect it to be this soon. From my previous experiences with my parents, the second meeting comes a week or two after. So when I got the call about her coming today, it threw me off-guard. I look out the cab’s windows and watch the buildings pass me by. Everything’s a colorful blur underneath the sun’s glow and it should brighten up anyone’s mood. But not mine.

“Please pick up,” I murmur, watching the buildings blur into something unidentifiable. I need to ask my mom how she—Ms. Byun—got my number. I’m sure that I never gave it when she came the first time. Also, it’s my mom who handles all the appointments—not me. I play with the strings of my hoodie and bite my lip harder.

After five rings, my mom picks up.

“Hello?”

“Mom!”

“Dohyun-ah? What’s wrong?”

I clutch the phone tighter in my hand and fidget. “Ms. Byun’s coming over today. Did you know about that?”

My mom becomes silent and that’s when I realize that she does know about it. I clench my fists and let out a breath. My mom’s a talkative person—always saying things that aren’t always relevant but are interesting. I guess she got that trait because of all those years planning weddings. Learning how to communicate is a skill that’s needed and I guess it slips out every now and then. So whenever she becomes silent, I know that something’s up.

“Why didn’t you tell me in advance?” She heaves a sigh and I can almost see her shaking her head.

“She only called me an hour before her supposed appointment. She explained to me that she couldn’t make it at any other time and that today’s the only day she’ll be free for an appointment.”

“Do you know the reason why it has to be today?”

I can already see my mom shaking her head at me, at the same time giving me a hopeless look. I fidget some more in my seat and take a quick look outside. My surroundings get more and more familiar as the cab weaves its way around the city. Finally, some familiarity. I guess I’m that kind of person who never really does well in new places unless I have someone to guide me through it all. For example, the time Jongdae brought me to a new street a while ago.

Jongdae.

The look on his face when I left the cake shop was sad. I’m pretty sure of it. It was a mixture of sadness, surprise and something else, something I can’t quite figure out. Either way, leaving him alone to pay for my unfinished food felt wrong somehow and the sight of him standing outside watching me made me want to go back and apologize seventy seven times. Just when I told him that I wouldn’t run away, I did exactly that. What a horrible friend I am. I shake those thoughts away and fiddle with the hem of my jacket.

“I don’t know Dohyun,” my mom starts. “I think it’s better to ask her instead.”

“Oh. Right,” I say. Sometimes, whenever I talk to my mom, she makes me feel a little bit clueless. Like whenever I ask her a question, her answers make me feel like ‘hey, why didn’t I think of that?’

“Are you at the office right now? I might be late, depending on the traffic.”

My mom makes a tsk sound and I can already tell that she’s a bit disappointed at me because here I am again, about to mess things up. I already told her that I’m not exactly good at these but two of us know that there’s no turning back now.

“Unfortunately dear, I’m out at the moment.” I almost choke at her words.

“W-what?” I stutter. The cab reaches our neighborhood and I stick my face to the window, looking for any signs of the black car that came to our house two days ago. My mom cannot be out. Not right now.

“What about dad?”

“He’s with me right now.” I wince and feel my hand shake. Sweat starts to build up in my palms and I hastily wipe them on my hoodie. This cannot be happening.

“O-oh?”

“We’re out because our last client asked us to have one last meeting at the venue in order to check if everything’s settled. Their wedding is this coming Sunday so we’re just finalizing things.”

I feel my bones shake at her words. They’re not at home. No one’s in the office. My mom never liked hiring assistants or helpers. If she did, she kept it to a bare minimum and they never showed up at our house. It’ll be nice to know that she has some assistants but knowing her, she practically fired them the second they did something bad. I grit my teeth and force myself to calm down. How will I deal with this?

I rack my brain from my previous experiences and almost cry out of relief.  I know that I still have to ask them about their tastes, ideas and opinions but to ask the exact questions? I know little about that. The cab passes by the coffee shop I frequented and realize that that’s the place where I first saw Ms. Byun. As we roll by down the street, I can’t help but wonder if Ms. Byun is there once again, buying a drink or something.

“Hello, Dohyun-ah, are you still listening to me?” I snap out of my thoughts. I redirect my attention to my phone and unconsciously nod.

“Yes mom, still here.” She heaves another sigh. I can feel her staring at me with a look that says, ‘how will you survive?’ Or at least, that’s what I think her look is telling me.

“Look honey, we’re sorry that we can’t be there with you today. However, I think that you should handle these things on your own now. We’ll help you every now and then but it won’t be like how you planned in the past.”

I roll my eyes at her words. It’s funny how she thinks that I actually planned something in the past when for a fact it’s all their effort and not mine. I always end up thinking that things aren’t going well midway and in order to not disappoint the client, I turn over all responsibilities back to my parents. I’m starting to wonder why my parents never introduced me to an assistant or another person who helped them in the business. I mean, if they did, that person can help me and things will turn out fine. Hopefully.

“Okay,” I reply even though I know my answer is anything but. I hear some shuffling from the other line as wells as shouts. I furrow my brows at the sounds.

“Mom? Is everything alright there?” More shuffling occurs. I look out the window and notice that the taxi’s already at our street. Did time go by that fast? I pull my phone away and look at the time. I have around fifteen minutes in order to make the office look inviting and to make myself look like I know what I’m doing.

“Dohyun, I’m sorry but I have to drop the call. Something’s wrong with the lights and sound system.”

I wrinkle my nose. “Isn’t that the technician’s job?”

My mom laughs. For the first time in how many days, I hear her laugh. “Yeah but we all know your dad isn’t one. He tried to fix it but,” I can see her shrugging from the other side and it almost brought a smile to my face. Almost. “Things got worse. I have to help him out.”

“I hope he’s fine.”

“I hope so too. Listen Dohyun,” I sit up straighter. From the tone she used, I have a feeling that she’s going to say something important. “I know that you’re still reluctant to do this but I trust you. I also know that you’re still, how do you say this?”

Rusty? Unaware? Confused?

“A little new to this so I’ll send you a message later on about the things you should talk about. It’s not much but it’ll get you through.”

If eyes can shoot beams of sunshine, mine will have. I almost scream out of delight and happiness at her words. Finally, some guidance! I bite my lip to stop the squeals from coming out. I clench and unclench my fists in order to calm myself down a bit. I catch the driver looking weirdly at me and I clear my throat. How awkward.

“Thanks mom,” I say. She’ll never know how much gratitude I’m putting into those words because without that list, I don’t think I’ll survive today’s meeting. Well, I might survive but that will entail a lot of stumbling and stuttering before I can get anything useful out of our meeting.

“Check your phone alright?” And with that, she ends the call. This time, I don’t mind the abruptness. I let out a breath and smile inwardly. At the very least I’m not doing this as clueless as I thought I would be. I take one look out the window and see my house. It looks the same as always only this time, there’s no car in our garage. I lean forward and tell the driver that this is my stop. I grab my bag, hand the money to the driver, and hop out.

The moment I get out, the driver immediately speeds away leaving a trail of smoke behind me. I cough and scowl. Wonder why he has to rush. I turn back towards the house and jog over to our door. Fifteen minutes. That’s all the time I have to prepare everything.

 I clutch the straps of my bag tighter as a way to vent out my nervousness. I climb up the porch stairs and reach for the key inside the pocket of my jeans. There’s also another key under one of the flower pots my mom keeps but it’ll take a lot of time to figure out which pot it’s hidden under considering that there are twelve of them. I run a hand through my hair and take a look around. No one’s in sight and that’s probably because school and work hasn’t ended yet. I take a deep breath and unlock the door.

The door swings open and I’m met with complete and utter silence. I take a step inside and realize that wow; it is kind of lonely being the only person at home. I shut the door behind me and clutch the strap of my bag. I scan the room in front of me and memories of my childhood flood my head. Here, in our living room, I remember playing with a bunch of Barbie dolls my dad gave me for my 8th birthday. I’d always hop around from couch to couch while carrying them and pretending that I’m Superwoman. I smile at the thought before shaking my head. Life seemed so easier back when I was a kid when the only things I had to stress over is which toy to play with and what time is eating time.

I shuffle about in my house, wondering where to head to first. Prepare the things in the office or prepare the refreshments? I tilt my head to one side and clucked my tongue. Even in preparing things I’m one indecisive person. Going with the former, I walk towards our office. I hurry towards it and, thank God it’s unlocked, open the door. The door swings open effortlessly and for some reason, I expected my mom and my dad to sit right by the desk giving me a surprised look. But they’re not here. They’re out. Once again, the feeling of uneasiness settles in my stomach. I gulp.

There is a reason why I don’t always go to my parents’ office unless I need to. The office reminds me too much of my failed attempts in planning a client’s wedding. When I go there, I’m just reminded of the things that could have been if only I went with it longer. With a sigh, I go over to their desk and search around for the notepad I used last meeting.

 I open each drawer and scan the items to see if my mom kept it in there. I know I should have taken the notepad back up in my room and transfer it to my laptop but I forget. I’m already at the second drawer from the bottom and I can’t help but panic. What if it isn’t here? I can’t just ask them again. That’s unprofessional. Or can I? No, I can ask my mom about it she was there after all. All these thoughts run around in my head as my eyes search the drawer for that familiar notepad. I’m about to give up and look at the next drawer when my eyes find that small, yellow notepad. I let out a gasp and immediately grab it. I lift it up and grin brightly.

“Found you!” I sing, twirling around as I do so. Thank god, for a moment there I thought I’d have to ask again and face another round of awkwardness. I’m about to hug that tiny notepad out of sheer joy when I hear someone clear their throat. I stiffen. Someone clearing their throat? I’m pretty sure I’m the only one here. Unless—

I swiftly turn around and almost drop the notepad.

I gasp and feel my eyes widen. There is a guy in the office. A guy I’ve never seen or met before. And he’s chuckling at me. I feel the blush creep into my cheeks and it takes everything in me not to grab the nearest object and throw it at him so that he can go away. This has got to be the most embarrassing thing that has happened to me by far.

I take in his appearance and silently estimate how much of a kidnapper or a burglar he looks. His brown hair is strangely kept except for a few strands standing up here and there. The red cap he has on definitely makes him look a bit suspicious because no one wears caps inside a house. However, the gray sweatshirt he has on looks quite harmless on him and so does the black frames he has on. Also, there’s no sign of any weapons on him. I let out a breath I didn’t realize I was even holding and nod my head slightly. He’s not a kidnapper or a burglar at least, judging from his appearance.

He looks up and just when I thought I’d be calm once again, well, I’m not. His eyes meet mine and I swear to god, I think I’ve seen those eyes before. What’s the word?

Tantalizing.

I gulp. His eyes widen when they meet mine and his jaw drops. We stare at each other for what seems like a good minute before I hear rapid footsteps approach the office. I’m the first one to snap out of it and I quickly peer around the boy to see who’s coming. I turn back to the boy and realize that, damn; he’s still staring at me. My mind reels back to that day when I told my parents I didn’t want to be a wedding planner. That day when I was at the bus stop waiting with a complete stranger. That day when said stranger was staring at me and I winked at him.

Oh my god.

I feel my hands shake a bit as I raise a finger. “Y-you—“

“I’m so sorry!” I jump back in surprise and the guy does the same. He takes a step back and his eyes dart from me to Ms. Byun. His brow furrows as he looks at the two of us and to be honest, I’m quite as confused as he is.

Ms. Byun pauses and looks at me before looking back at the guy. A grin makes its way on her features but it melts away before I can make sure it actually happened.

“Is something the matter?” I see the guy roll his eyes at her words. He’s about to say something but I beat him to it.

“M-Ms. Byun!” I exclaim as I slowly place the notepad inside my hoodie’s pocket. I catch the guy’s stare at me and this time, instead of utter shock, it shows curiosity and a hint of annoyance. “Everything’s fine,” I say. “Please, do come in.”

Ms. Byun waltzes in with a little hop in her step while the guy trudges in silently. I eye him carefully, wondering if he really is that guy who I winked at but this time he avoids my gaze. His eyes are trained on his feet as he follows Ms. Byun’s footsteps. I shake my head and hurry over to the shelves and retrieve more albums for them to browse through.

“I’m sorry for coming here late. My brother here is new to the neighborhood and—“

I drop the albums I was holding. Brother? I take a quick peek behind me and notice that the two of them are staring at me. They’re seated casually on the two velvet chairs, with their eyes trained on me. And then I notice that they have similar eyes. I bite my lip and turn back around. Oh my god, siblings. I silently pray that they’d stop staring at me. I don’t think I can handle two pairs of eyes watching my every movement especially if they belong to people who more or less look alike.

“Is everything really alright?” Ms. Byun asks, concern lacing her voice. I nod my head and bend down to pick up the albums. I collect them in my arms and stand up, turning to look at them with a big smile.

“Yes. My hand just slipped.” I raise my hand and chuckle awkwardly. She nods her head and offers me a smile. Her brother, on the other hand, raises his hand to cover his mouth. He coughs but I swear to god, the look on his face tells me that he’s laughing. I feel another blush coming but I ignore it. I narrow my eyes at him as I walk towards them. I place the albums on the table and force myself to smile again.

“I’ll be back with some refreshments.”

“Oh, no it’s alright with us if there’s none.”

I can hear my mom telling me not to listen to her because she knows that this is a test to see if you’re hospitable enough. If they say they don’t want some, serve them anyway. I smile grimly at the thought. I’m sure that if I don’t serve them, my mom’s going to lecture me later on about hospitality and I think I’ve got enough things on my plate.

“But I insist,” I say, still smiling. Ms. Byun glances at her brother and then another smile escapes her lips. I feel a chill run down my spine and I look at the office’s window to see if it is open. It’s not. Huh.

“Oh alright then.” She turns to her brother and grins. “Baekhyun, why don’t you help her out with it?”

My eyes widen at her words and her brother does the same. He opens his mouth but no words come out. He clears his throat and tries again.

“But noona—“

“He doesn’t mind it at all,” she continues, giving me a warm smile. Her brother—Baekhyun right?—face palms himself. He turns to look at me as if I can get us out of this and well, I realize that I can. I avoid his stare and look at Ms. Byun.

“Ms. Byun—“

“Please, call me unnie.” I blink. What? I’m pretty sure I’m not supposed to call clients unnie. Doesn’t that seem unprofessional? However I can’t find it in me to reject her because what’s the harm in calling her Unnie? So, I nod at her request. For some reason, I wanted to know her brother’s reaction so I turn to look at him and he looks as if he’s ready to throw up. Her sister sees this and throws him a look I can’t decipher.

“Um,” I start, looking at the two of them. “Then unnie, I don’t think that’s necessary. I’ll be fine.”

Ms. Byun purses her lips and shakes her head. “I know you will be but it doesn’t hurt to have another hand, yes?” I blink and look towards her brother. He lets out an exasperated sigh and shakes his head. I bite my lip.

“Um,” I start again but she waves her hand, cutting me off.

“I’ll be here browsing the albums. Baekhyun, go ahead and help her.” She nudges him and he almost stumbles forward. His glasses lurch forward and I almost gasp because it looks as if it is going to fall anytime soon. He quickly adjusts it and gives me a look. I gulp. Someone has got to tell that boy that staring is rude.

“Go on,” Ms. Byun says, sending us off with a smile. I tilt my head, confused as to how the situation became this way. Before I even know what’s happening, my feet bring me towards the doorway and I exit the room. My brain is still trying to process what I just did but I continue to make my way towards our kitchen.

Huh, this is weird. I never thought that Ms. Byun would be this type of person. I mean, I know that she’s a bit driven and that she knows exactly what she wants but I didn’t know that she has this way of commanding us—no, persuading us to do these things in a subtle manner. I my head to one side before shaking it. There’s not use trying to get out of this now. I walk towards the kitchen and start to wonder what kind of refreshments I will serve.

Our kitchen isn’t exactly the biggest kitchen out there but I like to think of the size as something above average. The walls are painted a pale yellow in order to match with the sun’s rays streaming through the two window panels. However due to the weather being a bit inconsistent, the color seems a bit mismatched. The sun’s getting blocked a lot by the clouds these days. I trudge over to our cupboards and take out a couple of glasses. I then walk over to where we keep our trays and pull out the silver one my mom likes the best.

I place the tray on the counter and start humming a song I heard on the radio earlier. I take a peek at the kitchen’s doorway and wonder if Ms. Byun’s brother really followed her and decided to help me out. I watch the door for a good five seconds before shrugging. He probably ignored her words and decided to sit in. I don’t mind though. It saves me from trying to get along with him. To be honest, I don’t think I can find it in me to talk to that person without embarrassing myself further.

First, I winked at him. I’m pretty sure that he’s the guy in the bus stop. I’d remember those eyes anywhere. And that reaction? No one’s jaw would drop whenever they see me unless something embarrassing or noteworthy happened. Second, I basically embarrassed myself in front of him yet again by singing and twirling around like a little, fairy princess. I cringe at the memory. I’m definitely done with embarrassing myself. I push those thoughts to the back of my head and concentrate on my given task.

I open the fridge and scan its contents. I bite my lip. Brewing tea at this time isn’t exactly fit so I have to make do with something else in our fridge. My eyes spot our glass pitcher filled with lemonade and almost cry in relief. Thank god for my mom. I reach out for the pitcher but I feel something buzz in my pocket. Frowning, I reach for my phone wondering who’s going to message me at this hour. And that’s when it hit me.

Mom.

I instantly open the message and scroll through its contents. I feel a squeal building up in my throat but I push it down. I don’t want to risk screaming only to have another person staring at me. Again.

I unconsciously bump my hip to the fridge’s door, causing it to close by itself. I tap my mom a quick reply, smiling as I do so. I look up and then—

“Holy !” I scream, stumbling backwards. I grab the edges of the counter for support and catch my breath. I’m pretty sure no one was next to fridge but now I’m seeing a person who’s currently giving me a bad look.

He an eyebrow and opens his mouth. “That wasn’t a nice greeting.”

“Oh my god, you can talk.” I cover my mouth and take another step back. Oh god, did I just say that out loud?

He gives me a weird look before flashing me a crooked smile.

“Of course I can.”

I open my mouth but the words have left me. Is it just me but, his voice sounds oddly pleasant to the ears?

He places both his hands in the pocket of his jeans and tilts his head to one side. I can’t help but notice how his glasses droop slightly and how his brown eyes never seem to leave mine. Just like that time. I feel myself get hot and immediately break away from the kind of awkward eye contact. I clear my throat.

“You really don’t have to do this,” I say, opening the fridge once again to reach for the pitcher. The fridge’s door blocks my view of him and I can’t be anymore thankful for that. I never really thought that the person I winked at before would appear several days later. Actually, I never thought that he’d even appear in my life ever again.

I hear shuffling from the other side and for some reason, I’m afraid to close the fridge’s door.

“I know.”

Hearing this makes my blood boil a bit. Why? I’m not sure. Maybe it’s because a part of me actually wanted him to be sincere in the act. I can’t blame him though—who would want to help me prepare snacks?

“Then you can leave. I can handle this.” After hearing my words, I realize that I may have sounded a bit snappy. I cringe at myself and shut the fridge. I turn back to look at him only to see a blank look on his face.

“Well, I’m already here and,” he glances to the pitcher I’m carrying. “That does look a bit heavy.”

“It’s not,” I snap. He fixes his eyes on me again and I feel my palms become sweaty. What is this boy doing to me with those eyes of his?

The corners of his mouth curves upwards and then I realize that when he does so, his eyes crinkle a bit. I stare at him with my mouth slightly agape.

“You’re kind of funny, did you know that?”

I scoff and narrow my eyes at him. “Is that supposed to be an insult?”

His eyes widen and he shakes his head. “No,” he starts, frowning at me. “You really think I’m insulting you?”

I scowl. Well it’s not like I think you’re complimenting me either.

He rolls his eyes before reaching out to grab the pitcher from my hands. His hand brushes against mine and I stiffen. He gives me an odd look, one I cannot comprehend, before smirking. I feel my mouth drop open for the umpteenth time as I watch him place it on the silver tray. He turns back to look at me before crossing his arms and leaning on the counter.

“That was a compliment, just so you know.”

I eye his face, searching for any signs that he’s joking around. He catches this and holds my gaze. I don’t know how many times we’ve done this in the past few minutes but I feel like this is getting out of hand. I’m about to turn away and walk over to where the glasses are but then he does the unexpected.

He winks at me.

I feel my face get hot. I awkwardly laugh and glare at him. “Did you just—“

“So that’s the kind of reaction you show when someone winks at you,” he muses as he stares at the ceiling. Then, he turns to look at me and unconsciously, I take a step back.

“I’m calling it even.”

Even? I only winked at him because it was a dare! I shake my head and turn away from him. I resist the urge to fan my cheeks because damn, they’re getting way too hot for my own good. I walk over to where my mom keeps the nice glasses and set them on the tray. I feel his stare on me as I work and I wonder how long he’s going to stand there.

“You know, I never really got your name.” My hand freezes over the can of biscuits my mom keeps in times of emergency meetings. I don’t dare turn around because I fear that if I do, he’ll only make fun of me some more.

“You don’t need to know my name,” I reply.

I can feel him staring at me before continuing. “Well, my name’s Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. Brother of the bride-to-be.”

I roll my eyes. I don’t need to hear this because, well, as creepy as it sounds I already know. I’m not deaf to their conversations as while ago. I place the biscuits on one of our plates and walk over to the tray. I carefully set it down and grin softly at my work.

“Has anyone ever told you that you look nice when you smile?” As soon as I heard his voice, my little bubble of happiness pops. I sigh and look at him. His eyes look bright and there’s a hint of a smile gracing his lips.

“If this is your way of flirting with girls then it’s not working.”

He arches an eyebrow at this. “Oh? So you think I’m flirting with you.”

I bite my lip and fight the blush that threatens to escape. “No.”

He’s about to say something else but I immediately carry the tray and swiftly exit the room. I hear his footsteps right behind but I ignore him. It’s only been around ten minutes and talking with this guy confuses me so much. At one point, he was okay and the next, he becomes really annoying. For Pete’s sake, he’s not even supposed to be here.

I enter my parents’ office and quietly set down the tray. Ms. Byun doesn’t even look up as I do this. True to her word, she’s flipping through the albums, eyeing them with a look of interest.

“I apologize for the delay,” I say as I go back to my own seat. She looks up and offers me a small smile. Then, her eyes travel around the room.

“Where’s Baekhyun? Did he help you out?”

I fight the urge to roll my eyes and scoff. Help out? He did place the pitcher on the tray but I don’t think that really counts as helping out. I mean, all he did was annoy the hell out of me.

“I—“

“’Course I did.” I pause and glance at the door. He’s leaning on it with an unreadable expression on his face. The two of them stare at each other with unmoving faces and I wonder if there’s something more to this encounter. I turn to look at Ms. Byun and she only smiles at him. She looks away and turns to face me.

“I see that you had a hard time back there.” I blink. If by a hard time she means putting up with her brother’s unusual personality then yes, I did have a hard time. I chuckle awkwardly before reaching for the notepad.

“I’m sorry if he did anything rash. He’s quite difficult,” she continues. I glance at Baekhyun and he rolls his eyes. He goes back to his seat and slumps. He crosses his arms and looks down at his feet. I stare at him a second longer than necessary before going back to Ms. Byun.

“It’s fine,” I say. I take out my notepad and flip through a blank page before taking out a pen. “Shall we start then?”

“Oh!” She exclaims and I startle. Her brother does the same and gives her another one of his odd looks. She fiddles with her fingers before giving me an apologetic smile.

“Before we start I have to mention this. I’ll be out of the country for around three months so I won’t be able to come here.”

I let the words process in my head. Three months? I can feel a gasp wrestle its way through my throat but I keep it in. If she’s going to be gone in three months, how am I going to coordinate with her? Sure, Mr. Yong is still here but my mom always tell me to check with the bride-to-be first because she’s the one pulling the strings in weddings. I feel myself panic a bit and the uneasiness in my stomach threatens to turn into something much worse.

“O-oh?” I stutter.

“You never told me this,” Baekhyun says, eyeing his sister with an incredulous look. “Does Kijoon-hyung know about this?”

“Yes he does so calm down a bit.” I glance at Baekhyun and see that he looks perfectly calm to me. Maybe it’s a brother-sister thing to know if one’s feeling stressed or frustrated. Baekhyun heaves a sigh and nods his head. Ms. Byun turns to me again and solemnly smiles.

“I’m truly sorry for this. However, I’ve made arrangements so that you can still contact me regarding the wedding.”

I beam at this.

“Alright. Then, if you’ll let me write down the contact numbers—“

“Oh there’s no need.” I furrow my brows at this. What does she mean by that?

“Pardon?”

She looks at me then to her brother. I stiffen. Her eyes trail over the two of us and a sly smirk appears on her face. I have a bad feeling about this.

“I’ll have my brother take over.”

“What?” I glance at Baekhyun and realize that we said the same thing at the same time. I gulp and focus my attention on Ms. Byun who’s currently smiling like she made a joke. However, there’s nothing funny about this situation because the last thing I need is to plan a wedding without the bride. And I’m pretty sure having your brother take your place is against the rules.

I peer over at her brother and notice that he’s just as confused as I am about the whole situation. His eyes meet mine and that’s when a sudden realization hits me. Neither of us asked for this and yet here we are, being forced to do something we don’t want. I grimace at the thought. Ms. Byun’s looking at me with anticipation as to how I’ll reply while Baekhyun’s still reeling from the news. I my lips and force myself to smile.

“Oh, joy.”

And with that, I realize that I just agreed to three months of stress, confusion and a whole lot of late night shut-ins with lots of slices of cake by my side.

Oh joy indeed.

 


A/N:

oh crap sorry it took so long but here it is! I'm sorry if it's too long but hEY BAEKHYUN'S FINALLY HERE THAT LITTLE .

thanks for all the love and support xo