Chapter 3: The Pool

It started with a concert

~Eli's POV~

Eli sighed as the medic stitched up his arm, looking over at Kiara. Her head was not injured that badly, thankfully, it only took a couple of stitches. However, she was still unconscious and that made everyone worried. The medic was not being so gingerly this time either. She was not happy with them, it was apparent in her words under her breath.

"How do you and Kevin get injured in the exact same place? What would make you crazy enough to fight a guy with a knife! Do you even know these girls?” The medic asked Eli as she finished her last stitch. The medic was like their traveling mother; she cared for the boys and always worried when they got hurt. Eli chuckled as he pulled his arm away from her.

"It's a coincidence; you know we are best friends we just have to get injured the same way. I didn't know he had a knife to begin with; he pulled it out on me in mid fight. And no we don't know these girls, but we heard their screams and you would have been madder at us if we just left them to defend for themselves. Obviously that wasn't going to well for them" Eli replied. He stood up, twisted his body to crack his spine as he stretched. He sighed in relief, the stress in his back fleeing for the time being. He walked over to bed where Kiara was sleeping and sat down next to her. He moved some of her hair from her face. She looked so peaceful, just like sleeping beauty.  Kiara moved slightly when his fingers touched her skin, she mumbled in her sleep. Eli wasn't able to make out what she said, he just chuckled softly. Kiara opened her eyes all of a sudden staring at Eli. Fear was all over her face as she sat up abruptly, attempting to back away Kiara hit her head with Eli’s.

"Ow! Really!" Eli whined holding his head in pain. The medic laughed as she walked over.

"That's what you get for standing over an unconscious girl…that you don't know" The medic stated.

"Sorry!" Kiara said when she realized who it was, "You just scared me. I mean, we did just get attacked and I am in a weird place." Eli laughed as he moved his hand from his face.

"It's cool, just be more careful. How are you feeling?" Eli asked seriously.

"Fine. Thanks for asking. Where's Chloe?" Kiara asked searching the room. Eli chuckled, stood up and held out his hand for her to take.

"With the others, want to go meet them?" Eli asked as Kiara stood up herself, ignoring Eli’s hand. Man, she really did hate having help from others.

"Hold it!" The medic said shoving Eli aside. Eli almost fell over, but caught his balance staring at the medic in confusion.

"I need to make sure she doesn't have a concussion." She said flashing a light in both of Kiara's eyes and making Kiara follow her movement.

"I can't tell yet. Make sure she doesn't fall asleep tonight, I'll leave that up to you guys to decide who gets to take care of that" The medic said standing up.

"Wait, we are staying here for the night?" Kiara asked blinking at the two.

"Yes, we want to make sure nothing else it wrong with you and your friend. Don't worry about it we will pay for everything, you’re safe here," The medic stated, touching Kiara's hand in a motherly way. Kiara sighed and nodded, seeing no alternative.

"Okay, can we go find my friend now?" Kiara asked in a pleading voice. The medic nodded and Kiara ran out of the room.

"Show the way sir," Kiara said to Eli in a new wave of energy. Eli chuckled and walked out of their manager's room. He walked over to the elevator, pushing the down arrow. Kiara shifted from foot to foot, waiting for the elevator impatiently.

"How's your head feeling?" Eli asked watching her jump back and forth, smiling to himself. The act made him think of Kevin.

"Better," Kiara responded short and to the point, but returned his smile. She didn’t know him yet so she figured she couldn’t be too much of a jerk to him. She stopped mid jump, turning away blushing.

"Sorry, I can't stand still" She whispered shyly. Eli laughed and walked into the elevator as the door opened, Kiara followed behind him.

"It's fine, it's actually quite cute" Eli said glancing over to her.

“Don’t call me cute, “Kiara said staring at him with a blush apparent across her face.

"Fine, but it’s the truth. Damn your stubborn” Eli responded. Eli smirked to himself. She was so cute when she acted shy, he thought. No! You can't think like that! You don't even know her and what you do know of her is she is a stubborn jerk who is clueless of everything. Ding, the elevator had reached the lobby and the doors opened. Eli walked over to the front desk, with Kiara following behind him.

"Do you know where my band members and her friend are?" Eli asked formally and politely. The front desk attendant nodded and pointed to the pool area.

"Of course they would go to the pool" Eli chuckled as he led the way to the pool.

"So, you guys are in a band?" Kiara asked staring at him with her emerald green eyes. They were filled with innocence and curiosity. She was trying her best to talk to this guy, she didn’t like him but hell it made the walk a lot less awkward if she talked to him in a friendly manner than walking in silent.

"Yes, we are in an international band, we are originally are from Korea. We are called U-Kiss" Eli explained as he brought his hand to his mouth and extended it out in a kissing motion.

"My friend and I went to your concert tonight!" Kiara said snapping her fingers, "That's why you look familiar" Kiara added. Eli blinked, staring at Kiara in confusion.

                "You didn't recognize us until now and you are a Kissme?" Eli asked referring to their fan's name.

                "A what?” Kiara asked confusion all over face.

“A Kissme, a name for our fan group” Eli explained rolling his eyes, man she really was clueless.

“Uh…kinda? I never actually heard of you guys before. My friend just wanted to see you and wanted someone to go with her so I said I would," Kiara explained.

"So you went to a concert to a band you have never even heard of?" Eli asked dumbfounded.

"Yeah, I can make anything into a fun time. And the music wasn't that bad," Kiara teased sticking her tongue out.

"Oh well thanks for saying we don't " Eli chuckled as he opened the door up to the pool, hearing the laughing and someone screaming.

"That sounds like Kevin" Eli said blinking in confusion as he opened up the second door for her. Kiara walked onto the pool deck, blinking as she witnessed Hoon and AJ throw Kevin into the pool, Kevin screaming as he fell into the pool.

"You guys are jerks!" He whined as he appeared on the surface. Everyone laughed as Kevin swam to the edge of the pool. Soohyun smirked and walked closer to the pool, flipping Chloe over him, holding her bridal style.

"Have fun" He told her as he threw her into the pool. Chloe squealed, grabbed onto his shirt and pulled Soohyun into the pool with her. Soohyun yelled in fear, trying to move his body to the side so he wouldn't crush her body. They both landed in the water. Soohyun surfaced to the water only to get splashed on both sides by Kevin and Chloe.

                Kiara laughed seeing her friend get thrown into the pool

                "Hey the friend is up!" Hoon chuckled walking over to Eli and them

 "Everything check out okay?" he asked curiously. Eli showed him the stitches on his arm and nodded.

"Yeah, we are fine. Just have to pull an all-nighter tonight to make sure this one doesn't fall asleep," Eli said nudging Kiara. Kiara glared at Eli and walked over to the edge of the pool.

“Stop trying to worry about me,” Kiara hissed as she walked away from Eli.  She slipped and fell squealed as she hit the ground. Eli and Hoon cracked up laughing as they walked over to her.

"Ow, Eli can you help me up," She whined rubbing her . Eli looked at her, shocked that she actually wanted help. Eli held his hand out cautiously to her and helped her stand up; Kiara smirked as she stood up.

"Thanks," She smiled sweetly before she pushed Eli into the pool. He yelled as he fell into the water, Hoon cracked up laughing as Eli fell in the water.

"Hey new girl how about you join them!" Hoon said grabbing Kiara by the waist and throwing her in after Eli.

"The name's Kiara!" She screamed as she fell into the water. She surfaced, swishing her hair behind her, getting Eli covered in more water.

"Sorry," She laughed seeing him rub his face clean of water.  She brushed some of Eli's hair to the side so it wasn't in his eyes, smiled and began to swim on her back. Eli blinked and watched her swim away, confused on what just happened. Did she just help him? Did she just be friendly to him, without having to force it like their whole walk down here.

AJ nudged Hoon pointing to Kiseop who was sitting in a chair reading, Hoon smiled and walked over to Kiseop sitting down next to him.

"Whatcha reading" AJ asked sitting down next to Kiseop on the other side.

"Just some manga" Kiseop said holding up a copy of Dragon Ball Z. AJ and Hoon nodded in unison; AJ grabbed Kiseop's legs and Hoon grabbed Kiseop by the arms.

"Time to take a bath Kiseopie" AJ chuckled as they threw him in the pool, in the deep end. Kiseop yelled as he fell into the water. He tried to swim to the top, of the water but wasn't going anywhere fast. Hoon and AJ cracked up laughing, thinking Kiseop was joking.

Soohyun and Eli laughed pointing at Kiseop unaware he was drowning. Chloe blinked and looked over at Kiara who was tilting her head. 

                “Guys, I don’t think he is joking” Chloe said pointing to the fact that bubbles were not coming up as much.

                "Guys, I don't think he is joking" Chloe said pointing to the fact that bubbles were not surfacing.

                "Crap!" Hoon said jumping in the water and swimming down to grab Kiseop, grabbing him by his shirt collar. He started to surface to the top, handing the struggling Kiseop over to AJ

                “Dude, dude you are fine!” AJ tried to comfort Kiseop as he fought against AJ who held him. He kept coughing up water from his lungs.

                "You guys never have a dull moment do you," Kiara asked lookig over to Soohyun, Kevin nodded as he looked towards Kiara.

                "No not really," Kevin stated, swimming to the edge of the pool to make sure Kiseop was fine, .

                "S-Sorry," Kiseop muttered shaking some from the fear.

                "Kiseop how come you never told us you couldn't swim" Kevin asked tilting his head. Kiseop looked to the ground, playing with his fingers.

                "I don't know. I didn't want you guys to think I was a loser" Kiseop muttered sighing as he looked away.

                "Kiseopie we wouldn't think you are a loser because you don't know how to swim," Kevin said tilting his head.

                "Yeah, we would even offer to teach you how to" AJ added sitting down on his legs looking over at Kiseop.

"It's okay, Kiseopie, I still think you're cool." Chloe reassured the dancer with a smile. Kiseop smiled back.

"Well that makes me feel better," he looked in the water where he saw his manga floating,

 "You guys owe me the latest DBZ volume" Kiseop muttered.

 "It's the least we can do for almost killing you." Hoon replied as he patted Kiseop on the shoulder.

"Hey, do you guys wanna play Chicken?" Kevin asked smiling to the group.

"Sounds good to me!" AJ said jumping in the pool. "Cannon ball!" he yelled landing in between Eli and Soohyun, making a huge splash. Everyone laughed as they crawled into the pool. Kiseop looked at the group, unsure of what to do.

"It's ok Kiseop, we will play where you can stand up" Soohyun said looking at his dancer. Kiseop nodded and walked down to the area where there was a ladder.

"So whose who’s partner" Eli asked tilting his head.

"Well Soohyun and Chloe obviously, since they are cute" Kiara smirked looking at her friend, who began to blush.

"And you and Eli aren't with your whole not interested in each other act?" AJ asked chuckling. Kiara and Eli both glared at AJ.

                “It’s not an act,” Kiara stated taking a step away from Eli. Eli rolled his eyes and walked over to Kevin.

                “I vote Eli and Kiara are partners!” Chloe cheered.

                “All in favor raise your hand,” Soohyun replied and everyone except for Eli and Kiara raised their hands.

                “You Chloe,” Kiara hissed as she stood next to her partner. Chloe smiled and gave her friend a thumbs up as she jumped onto Soohyun’s back. She was so giddy on the inside. She was surprised how calm she could be being around her favorite band. I mean really, none of her friends would believe that she was on Soohyun-hung’s back playing chicken. She felt Soohyun’s biceps pulsate as they wrapped around her leg, securing her to his muscular back. Man he had muscle.  Soohyun turned and looked at her smiling before he faced everyone else.

"Hoon and Kiseop can be  partners and AJ and Kevin can be the last group" Soohyun said to everyone. Kiseop climbed on AJ’s back, trying to get out of the water as much as possible. He was still shaking slightly from the fear but tried his best to calm himself.

“Bro, you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to,” AJ comforted Kiseop. Kiseop placed his hand ontop of AJ, patting it lightly.

“It’s fine, I want to partake in the fun and not just sit around and watch,” Kiseop stated as he tried to stare out at the water stoicly. Kevin jumped up on Hoon’s back smiling as he gave Hoon a noogie.

“Ack, Kevin stop!” Hoon whined as he tilted backwords, dropping Kevin back into the water.

“Eep!” Kevin yelped as he fell into the water. He surfaced, spitting water out as he giggled.

“Fine, Fine you win,” Kevin smiled as he jumped on Kevin’s back again. Everyone was ready except for Eli and Kiara. They all turned and faced the two who didn’t even move an itch to each other.

“Come on guys hurry up!” Hoon said as he spun in a circle with Kevin’s arms outstretched.

“Alright jump on,” Eli said kneeling in fron of Kiara.

“What, you don’t think I can’t hold you up?” Kiara asked crossing her arms glaring at Eli.

“You really think you can hold me up?” Eli asked walking over to her, his arms not crossed as he stared down at her. God, he was so much taller than her. She was 5’6 and he was 6 feet. She came to about his shoulders

“Maybe?” Kiara said looking him up and down, trying to size him up. Damn he is hot! Why the does he shirt have to be wet and sticking to him! It’s showing off all of his muscles. Ugh, those muscles. Stop it Kiara! He’s a tool bag.

“You alright there?” Eli said smirked as he flexed a little taunting her. Kiara shook her head and glared at him before walking behind him and jumping on his back angrily, making sure her heels dug into his chest. Eli grunted from the pain but wrapped his biceps around her legs fiercly.

“Two can play at that,”  he whispered so only she could here before they walked over to the group.

“Let’s just try to have fun, deal?” Kiara whispered.

“Deal,” Eli agreed as they put their anger aside. Eli walked over to Soohyun so that the two girls could fight first.

When Chloe and Kiara tried to push each other off it was nearly impossible. They kept on giggling as their hands slipped away from each other., Kiara had determination in her eyes, her competitive side coming out ten folds in the game. Finally, Kiara shoved Chloe harder and Chloe ended up falling off.

"Woo! Victory," Kiara smiled as she gave Eli a high five. Kiseop and Kevin were fighting next; the two were struggling at trying to push the other off of their partner. Their battle didn’t last to long because Hoon ended up slipping and falling into the water. Kiseop grabbed onto Hoon as they fell into the water. Hoon stood up with Kiseop still clingying onto him.

“Dude, you are fine, you can get off of me now,” Hoon said indicating that Kiseop could stand in the water. Kiseop embareslingly chuckled as he climbed off of Hoon.

"Winner winner winner!" Kevin yelled throwing his hand up in the air.

"Alright this is for the ultimate winner" Chloe said as she stood between Eli and AJ.

"Ready. Set. Go!" Chloe said swimming away from the two. Kevin and Kiara chuckled as they both tried to push each other off of their partner.

"HEY! What's going on here!" they heard from the pool deck. Everyone looked to see where the voice was coming from, it was their medic.

"Everyone who has stitches out of the water, NOW!" The medic hissed at the group angrirly.The group whined sighing. Eli smiled and dropped Kiara in the pool. She screamed as she hit the water.

"ELI! She has stitches in her head!" The medic hissed over at Eli.

"Sorry, sorry" Eli said walking out of the water with Kiara still on his back.

“Put me down! I can climb out myself,” Kiara hissed as she tried to climb off of Eli. Soohyun chuckled and helped Chloe out of the water. The rest of the group followed out of the pool.

"Change into dry clothes and finish this competition in the lounge area?" Kevin asked taking his shirt off.

"Sounds good" Eli said walking with Kevin to their room. Hoon and Soohyun agreed, heading off to their room. AJ and Kiseop followed behind them, talking about who would take the first shower.

"Question, what about us?" Chloe asked tilting her head to the side. Kiara stood by Chloe's side trying to dry her shirt as much as she could.

"I have sweat pants that will fit you, Kiara and I think Eli's shirt will fit you too" Kevin said looking her body up and down.

“Of course he would,” Kiara muttered as she stood next to the two. She didn’t want to be near Eli, she wanted to try to stop having this ual interest in this jerkwad.

"My pants should fit you Chloe and we can probably find a shirt in our rooms that will too. We will put your clothes in the dryer while we hang out" Hoon added as grabbed Chloe's hand to lead her the way.

"Plus, this will allow us to get closer" Hoon said, their faces inches from each other smirking as he saw her blush. Soohyun watched the two grumbling. He was going to kill Hoon later tonight.

The group split off since the boys were separated into pairs. Soohyun and Hoon shared a room, per usual; Eli and Kevin; Kiseop and AJ. Kiara was pulled along by Kevin who was especially chatty in the elevator, telling Kiara and Chloe about how exciting perfoming in the States were and how pumped he and the rest of the guys were to go on to San Francisco and Los Angeles. Kevin was especially excited to perform in San Fran because it was where he was born and raised. Chloe listened to how Kevin would jump from topic to topic, she looked over at Kiara who had a habit of doing the same. Wow they were so similar, it was kind of freaky. Eli, Kevin and Kiara headed for the 'Elvin' room. Eli and Kevin were rummaging through their suitcases for clothes for themselves and Kiara as well.

"You should shower first, Kiara. We don't want you getting sick." Eli said, smiling sincerely at her, He was enjoying how mad she got whenever he offered to help her with anything. Kiara glared at Eli as she took the clothes from him

"I don't need you to worry about me getting sick" She huffed as she walked into the bathroom. Kevin giggled as he jumped on the bed, causing the pillows to bounce. Eli blinked at the door then turned to face Kevin.

"What?" He asked as he heard the shower turn on.

"Oh nothing, except that it is obvious that you are crushing on her," Kevin pointed out as he his phone.

"I am not crushing on her. She is annoying, stubborn, and super childish. Almost like you," Eli said throwing a pillow at Kevin. The pillow hit Kevin in the face and he fell off the bed not expecting it.

"Ow," Kevin said sitting up, cross-legged rubbing his head.

"Ok, so if you don't like her, can I tell AJ he can try to go after her?" Kevin asked tilting his head

"Yeah, why would I care if AJ went after her?" Eli asked, trying to maintain the jealousy and anger in his voice to a minimum. Kevin chuckled as he climbed back on the bed, taking his phone out.

"Alright, I am going to text him now. You sure you don't care?" Kevin asked looking over to Eli who was also on his phone.

"No, I don't care. I don't like her I can barely stand her" Eli said as he looked over at Kevin. Kevin shrugged and texted AJ, telling him to flirt with Kiara. Eli got off the bed and started to do sit up, trying to preoccupy his mind.

"Can I sit on your back while you do push-ups?" Kevin asked smiling down to his friend, Eli laughed and nodded.

"Sure, I could use the baby weight" Eli smiled over at Kevin as he flipped over to do pushups, with Kevin sitting cross-legged on his back. Kevin was texting his other band mates and was browsing twitter.

"Oh man, so many of our fans are posting Elvin things up right now," Kevin chuckled showing Eli his phone as Eli was pushing them back up.

"That's cute, that's when we were painting something together" Eli chuckled as he continued to do push-ups. The two continued to chat about all the U-Kiss pairings all over the internet while Eli was doing push-ups. The shower turned off and Kiara got dressed fast. She opened the door, bent over and threw her hair in front of her face; she began to towel dry her hair, she straightened herself up again and stared as Kevin sat on Eli as he did pushups.

"Are you two dating? " Kiara asked tilting her head, the towel hanging loosely on her head. Eli pushed himself up into a kneeling position, knocking Kevin to the ground.

"Ah! Eli!" Kevin yelled as he fell to the ground.

"No, no, no!" Eli said frantically shaking his hands in front of him.

"We are just best friends, pretty much brothers," Kevin said rubbing his bum as he sat up.

"How was the shower?" Kevin asked tilting his head, the same way Kiara had her head tilted.

"It was good thanks for asking," Kiara said smiling at Kevin as he walked over to her. He grabbed the towel and started to towel dry her hair for her.

"K-kevin!" Kiara argued before giggling as she blushed slightly. For some reason, when Kevin helped her with things it didn’t bother her

"Wet hair isn't good for you!" Kevin laughed as he continued to towel dry her hair. He pulled the towel away and blinked, staring at her messy afro before Eli and him started to crack up laughing.

"What did you do to my hair?" Kiara asked turning to look at herself in the mirror before joining the laughter.

"You look like a poodle," Eli chuckled as he took his shirt off and threw it on the bed.

"Yeah I do!" Kiara giggled as she turned and looked over at Eli, noticing him shirtless. She blushed looking at his body which was perfectly toned. Kevin poked at Kiara's blushing cheeks. 

"Are you ok Kiara-san?" Kevin asked.

"I-I'm fine" Kiara said as she pretended to bite Kevin's hand.

"Ah, no biting" Kevin laughed as he pulled his hand away. Kiara winked and stuck her tongue out at Kevin, he laughed and made a biting motion and claws with his hands at Kiara. Eli shook his head chuckling as he saw the new friendship form between Kevin and Kiara.