PART 1: Hello Again

Longing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

I don't know if this is going to turn out just fine but let's see :/

Unbetaed and I'm sure it has some grammatical errors and typos.

I am not really sure when and how EXO was formed since I'm not an EXO-L so the upcoming flashbacks and the whole story is purely my own imagination and does not reflect what really happen in the group.

 

***

Luhan never went to Korea eventhough he saw it many times throughout the brochures and photographs his father printed after having a stay for a week in the country for business matter. That was why when he arrived at Seoul for the first time, he was very thrilled because it was more than he ever imagined it would be. Beijing was surely a big city but it was almost nothing compared to this bustling city but maybe that was because he was simply infatuated by the fact that he was finally here, in the place he always wanted to be to chase his dream. For the first time he was finally broke himself free from his parents after passing an audition from SM Entertainment. This was it, he thought as he stood outside the building, he was going to had his dream came true. He was finally going to be succeeded without the helping hands from his parents. He was so determined to proof that he was able to stand on his own, despite his status of the heir of a multimillion worth family business back home.

 

There was a little problem though; his Korean was nothing acceptable. He only knew limited vocabularies and poorly formed sentences so he was obviously nervous when he was told to gathered in one of the numerous practice room in the building. He shifted nervously after bowing to the little group who had been in the room before him. He studied them one by one, most of the boys were still young and they looked not less nervous than he was. He had heard that their batch would had some chinese members as well but he was still hesitant to start the conversation mostly because of his poor Korean. Luhan was in the midst of staring at the small eyed boy with bun-like cheeks (who seemed uncomfortable at his action) when he noticed another boy was staring at him.

 

And there he was, the timid boy was looking at him and Luhan was surprised to see how young he was. His black mop of hair looked ridiculously too thick that it made his face smaller than it already was. The boy awkwardly bowed slightly and waved his hand and Luhan found it cute so he smiled and waved back. The boy eventually made his way to Luhan and said hi with a small voice. Luhan knew instantly that this boy is Korean and his name was Sehun, Oh Sehun. He was 4 years younger than him and in between the mixes of Korean words in which he tried so hard to grasped Sehun was found by the company's representative when he was hanging out with his friends.

 

Luhan nodded when Sehun asked him if he was a foreigner and his right canine appeared as the younger laughed and told him that he liked to learn Chinese so Luhan laughed along with him.

"Don't worry, I will teach you." He said in Korean, watching in amusement as Sehun clapped his hand in delight.

"Really?!"

Luhan said yes and felt just a little surprised when Sehun grabbed his arm and laughed in delight.

"Please teach me well, hyung!" he happily said. "I will teach you Korean also!"

The Chinese male only smiled and went to pat the younger's head, relieved that he finally made a friend with somebody in the group. At least for now, he wouldn't be too lonely and hopefully practice would be a little bit easier.

 

***

 

"Do you want something to drink? Tea, coffee perhaps?"

The question remains unanswered and Luhan sighs as he leans against the kitchen counter. He reaches for a clean cup and pressing the coffee maker button on. He knows that aside from bubble tea, Sehun also has a liking in coffee. Probably more than bubble tea because it was originally an accidental set up from the company once they found out that both Sehun and Luhan always went to the same bubble tea shop after practice. Bubble tea couple, he scoffs, it was all made up and Luhan can't help but to wonder if everything has happened is all lies too. Because he had seen so many fabricated facts that had been made to satisfy the eyes of the public and Luhan is sick of them.

 

He pours the bittersweet beverage to the cup and brings it to the man who still waits for him on the couch. Luhan looks away from the intense stare from Sehun and put the cup on the table, taking a seat just across the maknae of his former group. He hates it when Sehun looks at him like that, as if he is something so valuable because he is certainly not a thing and Luhan doesn't understand why the younger values him so much. Of course Sehun never meant to see Luhan like that; the chinese male is not stupid. He knows exactly how Sehun feels towards him but even after having him close for years, it is still a little bit strange for Luhan that somebody with the same gender as he is has fall in love with him. And from millions of people it has to be Sehun, his best friend who he always see as his little brother.

 

Sehun on the other way feels a rush of disappointment when Luhan takes a seat in front him, not next to him like he used to do. Nevertheless he takes his time to appreciate his hyung's face that he misses the most. Luhan looks healthy and he gains some weight indeed but not to the point where the fats are too excessive. Sehun is happy that he seems fine but a slight pain in his chest occurs when he relaize that it also means that Luhan is fine without him, while he is nothing but a wreck after he left. He frowns at the thought and only glance at the cup when the elder softly asks him to drink because Sehun looks so tired and cold and lost although he is happy to see Luhan again. He obliges the request and takes a sip of the coffee, feeling the hot liquid warming up his inside as he gulps it down his throat. For a moment the silence reigns before Sehun decides to take over.

 

"Are you alright?" his deep calm voice rings loudly eventhough he doesn't say it out loud. Luhan his lips and still refuses to look at him in the eye.

"What do you mean 'am I alright'?" he chuckles dryly, "I am fine Sehun, you are asking a silly question."

"Am I? Then I'm sorry for asking because for me nothing is fine after you left." Sehun retaliates coldly, "I am not the same person you know because you had taken a part of me that I can't take back."

Sehun knows it isn't supposed to be like this. He isn't supposed to be mad at Luhan especially when they finally meet each other. He supposes to hold him tight like before and enjoy their reunion at least for tonight. However he can't help but letting out his long buried bitterness after Luhan just as well as admiting that he doesn't need Sehun in order to be okay and as if his leaving means nothing while it means the end of the world to him. The maknae feels the stab in his heart goes deeper when Luhan still puts his gaze anywhere but to him. Does he really mean nothing to his hyung now that even he can't see him in the eye again? Sehun needs to know. He needs to know if his tears, his waiting is really worth it; if this really worth it.

 

"Hyung look at me." he begs, "Please. Look at me and tell me you are okay without me."

Luhan sighs dejectedly and surrenders at the tone the younger is using. He looks up and Sehun feels his heart swells at the sight of the clear marbles that he misses so much staring back at him. The maknae suddenly feels like wanting to cry but he holds back. He is a grown man now, not a meek Oh Sehun Luhan knew months ago. His ego screams to show it all to the elder if he really isn't affected by his departure from EXO, from him.

"What do you want me to say, Sehun? I already answered but you seem to not accept it." Luhan answers, sighing while massaging the bridge of his nose. It's almost 3 in the morning and he needs a sleep so bad because his head is pounding against his skull. "Who told you about this place?"

"Your best friend called me. Somehow he knew about everything and he told me you lived here instead of your parents' house."

Lao Gao, Luhan hisses inwardly. How the heck he even know Sehun's phone number? He makes a mental note to punch the hell out of the bearded face of his best friend tomorrow. "And what exactly are you doing here in Beijing? Do the others know about this?"

 

Sehun shrugs. "Golden Disk Award." he answers, "We performed at the show and I got a call right after we finished the whole event and nobody knows I'm here. I... kinda escaped the hotel room once we got back from the venue. Junmyeon hyung is probably crazy right now he wouldn't stop calling me since I gone."

He chuckles as he gestures to his phone. 52 missed calls a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter