Chapter 4b

[Discontinued; Story outline and ending posted] Unlocking Hidden Affection

A/N - No A/N here.  The A/N was in "Chapter 6" on the menu.

Chapter 4b-

        The five band members walked around the campus, listening to the school principal talk about the different areas of the school.  School hadn’t started yet so the area was deserted; however it seemed that they could just visualize the children with the descriptions the principal was giving them.

        “That’s the main playground.  There is also a smaller playground out back, in case the older kids begin to pick on the kindergarteners and such, but there hasn’t been much of a problem with that,” the man was saying, motioning towards an empty park.  “Of course, the recess time is probably the easiest part of your job.  Just make sure no fights break out and that’s that.”

        The principal, who had introduced himself as Eun Chi Ho when they had first met him, began to walk towards the main building.

        “I’ll show you the rooms next,” he explained.  “The wings are divided into grades.  Kindergarteners are on the far-east, closest to the front entrance.  The sixth graders are on the west side and the other grades are in-between.”

        They walked into the building, going from wing to wing, hallway connecting to hallway.  Junsu noticed the rest of the members were slowly tiring, the principal’s voice turning duller and duller as time passed.

        “Umm…” he began slowly, glancing at the maknae who had the ever familiar I’m-too-polite-to-say-so-but-I’m-hungry face on, “If you’re busy, we could look around by ourselves.”

        “Could you?” the principle asked, looking relieved.  “I have a mother whose enrolling her child into the school today so I need to meet up with her soon.”  The man looked at the others.  “If you don’t mind…”

        “Oh no, go ahead,” Jaejoong said, politely bowing his head.  “We could look around on our own.”

        “That would be wonderful.  Just come by the admin building in about two hours after you’re done looking around and we can figure out the details about when you’ll come in.”  They nodded in understanding and watched the man leave the room they were in—a sixth grade room- urgently.

        “Hyung!  Thank you so much!” Changmin’s voice was barely under a scream.  “I thought I was going to die, listening to that guy talk for so long.”


        “Nice call, Junsu.” Yunho grinned at him before turning to the rest of the members. “Do you want to go look around some more or—”

       “Let’s get something to eat, Yunho.  Changmin looks like he’s going to murder you,” Jaejoong interrupted, raising his eyebrows at the maknae.

        Junsu silently agreed with Jaejoong, slightly afraid for his own life with the glare Changmin was giving their leader.  They all knew that Yunho was teasing, which made it all the more annoying for the food-craver.

        “I saw a café across the street from the playground.  We could go there and then come back after an hour.”  Yoochun’s suggestion was quickly accepted and they left the school grounds, stomachs growling and minds full of information.

~

        Junsu swallowed the last piece of his turkey sandwich, looking out the window as Changmin and Jaejoong began to exchange friendly one-touches.  Yoochun was talking to Yunho about his latest composition, emphasizing his annoyance with the rhythm and asking for advice.

        The street was busy, full of cars, taxis, and buses coming and going.  He could see the other side of the street though, the playground on school property standing tall amongst the cars but hidden behind the towering buses.  In all the chaos, he noticed two figures interacting with each other on the playground.  At first, they looked as if they were the same height, however one stood up slowly and turned out to be over two times the height of the shorter one.  The shorter, now Junsu made her out to be a child, ran over to the swing sets while the taller, either the older sister or mother, stood there with her hands on her hips.  They seemed to be arguing.

        “I’ll be right back.  Playground,” he told the others vaguely, standing up and leaving the café before they could say a word.  He knew they would shrug it off and join him after a while-- when they had finished their precious food.

        Running across the street (the traffic had stopped temporarily because of the red light), he found himself facing the back of the taller woman.

        “It’s too dangerous,” she was saying.  He glanced at the younger child, an adorable little girl who seemed no older than kindergarten age.  The girl pouted, one hand holding onto the swing’s chain. 

        “B-but. . .”

        Junsu pitied the child, who only wanted to swing.  He checked his watch.  There was still an hour and a half before they had to meet with the principal.  Deciding to step in, he cleared his throat.

        “I could watch her for you if you didn’t mind,” he said, surprising the woman.  The mother or elder sister whirled around instantly.  He could see her examining him with her eyes.  He did the same to her.  She was a young woman, most likely not much older than himself, with long black hair that fell to her chest.  

        “Um—”she began hesitantly.

        “I’m here to take a tour of the school but I’d rather get used to the feeling of taking care of children.  It’d be a good experience,” he explained, interrupting her.  Why was he so insistent?  He hadn’t even considered the possibility that she’d be his fan.

        “Are you. . .” she paused, “an expecting father?”

        He chuckled, the mere idea of even dating absurd to him.  Being a father, at his age and status in society?  What a day that would cause with the media.  But this only reinforced the idea that she didn’t recognize him.  He felt a wave of relief wash through him.

        “No, nothing like that.  I guess you could call me a teacher’s aid?  I’ll be helping out here for the next month or so.”

        The woman nodded, seemingly thinking about his offer.  A frown had appeared on her face.  Junsu wondered what she was pondering about.

        “Though I appreciate the offer, I really think it’d be better if my daughter came with me.”  Ah, so it’s her daughter.  “Thank you though.”

        “If you’re sure,” Junsu added, watching as woman’s daughter went to her mother’s side reluctantly.  The child had been oddly quiet during their short discussion.

        Junsu watched as the two walked towards the administration building, connecting two and two together as he remembered the principal’s words.  “I have a mother whose enrolling her child into the school today. . .”

        So that was them? Junsu thought, smiling as the little girl added a few skips into her walk.  Maybe I should request the kindergarteners department.

        “Junsu-ah!” he heard Yoochun’s voice call from behind him.  He turned around and saw all four members raising their eyebrows at him.

        “Who was that?” Changmin asked, tilting his head towards the two who were now opening the double doors to the admin building.

        “Uhh.” He had forgotten to ask for her name.  “Not sure, exactly.  I think they’re the ones Principal Eun was talking about earlier though.”

        Junsu stared as the double doors closed behind the two females, lost in a trance.

~

        “Who was that?” Changmin asked.  Jaejoong glanced towards where the maknae was motioning towards.  The backside of two females faced them.  Jaejoong frowned.  Why did he recognize that backside?

        “Uhh... Not sure, exactly.  I think they’re the ones Principal Eun was talking about earlier though.”  Jaejoong never took his eyes off the closed doors, unable to remember where he had seen the figure before.  An aura of familiarity surrounded her.

Why?

-----End of Chapter.

A/N: This chapter was supposed to be longer.  But when I reached this last paragraph, I couldn’t figure out how to continue it on.  I want to change so many things in the previous plan.  From here onwards, it’s most likely not going to follow ‘Please Forget Me.’ That old plot is too full of loopholes and there are too many problems with it.  I’m going to re-plan the entire thing and take out most of the stuff that was in the previous story.  So if you read PFM, just note that many things might be changed as you read on in UHA.  Thanks for understanding~

On a side note, I’ve posted the forewords to my new storyline that I’ll start posting when I get back to America.  It’s called Labyrinth of Intricacy.  I hope you follow me on that story too ^^;