Prologue

[Discontinued; Story outline and ending posted] Unlocking Hidden Affection

A/N:  So this is the Please Forget Me rewrite.  As I’m writing this, I have no idea whether I’ll be completing the rewrite or the original PFM.  The date is March 4th, 2010.  Some things are changed, some to help the flow, some to make it make sense, some just because.  Hope you enjoy this version (supposing I post it)!

Posting date: March 13, 2010.  I’ve decided to post this on AsianFanfics and discontinue the original.

“Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop” -Anonymous.

Prologue

    The night sky was hovering above the Earth that night with an ominous feeling to its still motion.  The lights of the city burned brightly, though the city noise was unknown to the two who stood upon a hill in the outskirts of Seoul.  Their shoulders were pressed against each other in a loving manner, the type that one would pause to stare at the couple before smiling and walking on.  They were the epitome of simple love, it could be seen in their eyes.

    Silence stayed in their midst, but it was not in their mind.  Their brains were busy processing what had just happened between them.  An action that they would never disregard as something that was just a passing, or a first.  Something most couples overlooked and thought of as a daily routine.  Something some couples fought about.

    The night of their first kiss with each other.

~

    Her eyes looked down at the blades of grass that surrounded her shoes, not knowing what to do.  She could feel her face turning red, and was thankful that in the night shade, her boyfriend couldn’t see it.  Slowly, with her left hand─ the hand attached to the arm that was not pressed up against JaeJoong’s left arm─ she brushed over her lips with her fingers gingerly.  Were she alone, she would have giggled to herself, a fan-girl like squeal, to be exact.  Never had she felt such happiness.  They had grown to love each other ever since the beginning of their accompaniment.  First, friendship, which turned into a deeper, more intimate relationship.

~

    He grinned to himself in the darkness, turning away to ensure Reina didn’t see his silly expression.  He would have jumped up and down, pumping his fist into the air as he did, but that would have to wait until he was at home.  His eyes widened in surprise as he remembered what he had wanted to say to Reina before.  He had forgotten just as he was about to tell her, leaving an awkward silence in the air, which eventually… lead to the kiss.  He dug his hand into his jean pocket and pulled out a silver key.

    “Reina,” he said, turning around to face his girlfriend.  Though he could barely see her face, he felt her sparkling eyes staring at him.  He smiled.

    “Put your hand out,” he told her, waiting for her to oblige.  When she did, he set the key into her palm.

    “That’s the key to my house.  Whenever you want to come over, even if it’s three in the morning, you can just walk in.”

    “JaeJoong─ ” she whispered.  “Isn’t this a little fast?”

    He chuckled, looking back over at the scenery below them.  The lights of Seoul were much dimmer now, the night slowly deepening around them.  He could tell a lot of people had gone to sleep already.

    “Do you see those lights?” he asked suddenly.  He knew Reina was startled at the sudden change in subject, but accepted it without question.

    “Yeah,” she confirmed.

    “It’s probably around eleven now.  Most people are probably tucked in bed.  But there are still people awake.  Those lights show that,”  he smiled.  “By giving you this key doesn’t mean I want to get in bed with you,” he joked.  “I gave it to you so you can take this relationship at the speed you feel comfortable at.  Just like everyone in the city goes to sleep when they’re sleepy, I want to let you have the choice to be with me when you want to be.”  He smiled sheepishly at her, the cheesiness of his small speech finally reaching him.

    Reina let out a soft laugh.  “Thank you, JaeJoong…” she whispered before wrapping her arms around his thin waist.  JaeJoong closed his eyes, savoring the feeling before returning the favor, embracing her with all his love.  In Reina’s clenched hand held not only the key to his home, but also held the key to his heart.

~

A/N: What do you think?  Good?  Bad?  I like this prologue better than the one before…  I feel like my writing has really matured.  I think I’ll post this before I post the rest just for reaction’s worth.  It’s still March 4th, 2010.  I think it was really short, but hey, it’s the prologue!