ONE.

Prince & I

I stood just inside the huge, ornate doors, waiting for the attendant to call for the Prince. I had already been cleared by security. I remembered Prince Edward very clearly but only vaguely recalled his younger brother, Yoogeun. JInki was their eldest child and first in line for succession to the throne. The first time I had personally met the Prince was two years ago, just after my sister had become his assistant. He was still in college, but had come home for the holidays to attend their annual parties.

That was the first time I had felt it. A twinge, a flicker, of heat, excitement and attraction that made my heart skip a beat. At the time, I passed it off as fleeting, that instant recognition of the opposite attractiveness. Only he wasn't the opposite . I questioned myself, whether it was this man in particular, the way his body moved, and the way his unique hair color contrasted with his pale skin; or was it that he was royalty, rich, famous and well mannered, a celebrity in our country. That was when I began eyeing other beautiful men and found my body responding in similar ways. However, no other man had ever affected me with the intensity that the Prince had.

I heard the clicking of shoes on the marble floor and looked up to see the man himself striding toward me. I chuckled when I realized he wore no tie and the top two buttons of his shirt were undone. He was a bit of a rebel. His pressed pants grazed the tops of his shoes with every long step he took. The beautiful brown hair I remembered so clearly was perfectly mussed; the silken strands catching the sun's rays as he passed by the large open windows. Walking with his head held high, his brows furrowed and full lips pursed in concentration, he looked…well, regal. As he neared me, he reached up and pushed a lock of hair off his forehead; continuing to run his fingers through his hair, he smiled as his eyes met mine.


"Mr. Kim?" he extended his hand to me. I blinked before realizing my hesitation and quickly shot my hand out, grabbing his in what I hoped was a firm, professional handshake. His hand was soft and so incredibly warm.

"Pleased to see you again, your Highness, and please, call me Key," I returned his smile eagerly.

"Likewise, please, call me Jinki. We are pretty informal when we are not out in public," his hand was still wrapped around mine and something flashed briefly in his eyes before he let go.

"Let me show you around the Palace," he motioned down the long wide hallway.

For the next two hours, we walked through marble floored halls lined with paintings of the entire royal family, past and present. JInki efficiently named each one as we passed by them. I hoped there would not be a quiz later, as my attention was not held by the aged paintings on the wall, but rather by the incredible man next to me. He spoke with an air of confidence I could never have as he led me through their private quarters.

He showed me the kitchen and the guest suite that would be mine during my stay. The area was spacious, more than enough for me and fifty of my closest friends. Next, Jinki lead me to his office, and my smaller adjoining office. I could see evidence of my sister’s influence in the smaller office, family photos of us on the desk, bright-colored post-its scattered around the computer's monitor and a pink scarf draped over the back of the chair.

"This is where we will spend most of our time when we are not required elsewhere," Jinki instructed. "Feel free to make yourself comfortable and don't be shy about asking questions." He opened the door to his office, dark wood bookshelves covered the walls from floor to ceiling. An oversized mahogany desk stood in front of a large window, sunlight streaming in over the desktop. I wandered over to the bookshelves, quickly scanning the titles.

"You like to read," I stated more than inquired. I dragged my fingers along the spines of the books lining the shelf before me. My trained eyes caught more than one first edition among some more current novels.

"It soothes me," he said from behind me. He had moved close enough so that I could feel his warm breath graze my ear. I shivered slightly and turned to look at him over my shoulder. His gaze was intense and I found myself insatiably curious about this man. What were his favorite books, movies, food? How did he feel about being King one day? How did he look in the steam of a hot shower, the rivulets of water cascading down his perfect skin?

"Is that all that soothes you?" I couldn't believe I was so brazen; with the Prince no less.

"No. I find myself soothed by a few other pleasurable activities," he chuckled.

"Such as?" my eyes followed him as he walked over to his desk, turned and leaned against it, his hands resting on the desktop.

"Going out on the yacht is incredibly relaxing for me. No paparazzi, no parents or guards. It is one of the few places I can be completely alone. I also to sing." He tilted his head as he thought for a moment. "Do you sing jasper?"

Why did that seem like such a loaded question?

"Actually, yes…but not often enough," I paused to let the words settle in. "im more of a dancer. “ 

His smile was wide, reaching his eyes, "Well, then you will enjoy the palace functions but i guess its not the dance you are used too.” 

"I would love that; thank you for the offer," I felt the blush creeping into my cheeks. He led us from the office.

"I hope you have a map of this place, because I am certain I will get lost," I said in wonder as we passed by door after door. His laugh was hearty.

"I think I can arrange that for you. However, you will be with me almost one-hundred percent of your time here, so I don't see you getting lost often. I will even be sure to show how to get to my private suite in case you get lost during your off hours." My blush deepened with the thought of Jinki lounging comfortably in his bed, with sheets twisted around his body as he ran his strong hands over his soft skin.

My private tour was coming to an end and Jinki's appearance was required for a meeting with the head of Parliament. Even though he was years away from ruling the country, he was very involved with the daily operations so that when the time came, he would be prepared to take over for his parents.

"Thank you, your High-,"he scowled at me. "I mean, Jinki, for your time. The Palace is beautiful. Other than my fear of getting lost, I feel very comfortable here." I held my hand out to him; he took it and clasped his other over it. My fantasies went into overdrive; that soft, warm hand holding every part of my body. His smooth voice snapped the daydreams back to reality.

He was the Prince and I was his aide.

He was straight and I was not.

"It was my pleasure, Key. Take tonight to get acquainted with the place and I will see you in the office at 8:00am tomorrow. Most of the kitchen staff is off tonight, but feel free to help yourself to dinner." As he turned and retreated toward his office, I found my gaze very focused on his back as he walked away.

I found my way back to the kitchen, proud of myself for only taking three wrong turns. Luckily, helpful staffers put me back on the right path. After fixing a sandwich, I headed toward my room to prepare for my first full day as Prince Jinki's personal aide


Our first few weeks went by quickly. I became accustomed to Jinki's schedule; he amazed me with his ability to seemingly be in two places at once. His days were filled with Parliament meetings, public events and fundraisers. I never left his side, even attending the meetings of Parliament with him to take notes. I quickly discovered there were two different Jinkis.


 During the Parliament meetings, he was attentive, often asking questions expressing a clear willingness to learn, and recalling details of events with perfect clarity. His memory amazed me, as he could recall an impressive breadth of the laws and statutes of our country. The meetings were crowded, but JInki always made sure to save a chair next to him for me. He would often lean over to me to whisper instructions or clarify something and I would inhale his sweet breath while trying to ignore my urges caused by this proximity.


Private JInki was not an entirely different person, but there were definite noticeable changes. Confidence and intelligence still surrounded him, but there was something else just under the surface that I couldn't quite define. He was personable with all of the Palace staff, knowing every one of their names and usually inquiring about their family members. 

Jinki's private AIDS charity was having a fundraising ball and the staff was running wildly around the palace with last minute preparations. I worked with Jinki in his office until about two hours before the guests were due to arrive. 

Having attended some formal events here previously, I knew what to expect. The royal family greeted their guests in a line as they entered the door, with guests bowing or curtseying out of respect. I scanned the room for Jinki and found him quickly. His pale skin was practically luminescent under the chandelier lighting; his brown hair shinier than I had ever seen it. He looked absolutely stunning in his black tuxedo.

He was actively engaged with a woman, a beautiful brunette, her long hair piled in a high bun on her head. She wore a dark blue dress that showed off every one of her perfect curves. As she laughed at something he said, she placed a hand on his shoulder, tossing her head back in delight. He returned her laughter and didn't hesitate to reach up and brush a piece of hair off her face. Before I could interrupt, he was holding her hand, leading her to the dance floor. My heart clenched as he placed an arm around her, her hand in his, as they began to move around the floor in perfect harmony. He would often lean into her, to whisper something in her ear and would be rewarded by her with a smile, blush or giggle.

I envied her.

I stood still, my gaze never leaving the couple, as they continued to dance. With each smile he bestowed upon her, my heart ached a bit more. It was irrational - I knew this, I told myself this many times - but it never lessened my desire for him. In fact, the more time I spent with him, the more I felt my need for him grow. Suddenly, he was staring at me. His brows immediately furrowed when he saw my expression. His eyes never left mine while he guided her around the floor. She would still speak to him and he would reply, but with much less enthusiasm than before.

For the rest of the night, a tension remained in the air between us. I did my job, stood by his side, supplying him with anything necessary. I watched him introduce Gyuri to special guests, while I was not mentioned. She often held his hand, releasing it only to shake another's hand. Just when I thought I couldn't handle it anymore, the ball was over and I was released of my duties for the night.

Back in my room, I couldn't take off the tuxedo fast enough, hanging it in my closet, hidden where I would not be reminded of this night. I climbed into bed. In the completely dark room, I felt the emotion of the night overtake me as I longed for something that would never be mine.


=======================================================

The next morning, Jinki beckoned me into his office. I entered the game room and found Jinki sitting on the plush couch. He was hunched over, his white tee shirt stretched tightly across his muscled shoulders. I stood for a minute to just admire him. He was swaying back and forth a bit and mumbling under his breath to himself. I could hear the clicking of buttons, and my attention was drawn from his back to his hands, which held a video game controller. I glanced up and saw the video game on a flarge flat screen television on the wall. The Prince was playing "Need for Speed"?

"Don't just stand there, come join me," he implored. Without hesitation, I made my way to the seat next to him and he handed me a second controller. I sat, more than slightly confused, looking at his profile for a second before turning my attention to the game.

"What color am I?" I asked as my fingers began to flick over the buttons of the controller.

"Blue." I nodded and concentrated on the game, trying to ignore the heat flowing from the body next to me, or the way his tongue stuck out between his moist lips as he focused on weaving his red car through the winding streets. We continued sitting like that for an hour, side by side, our thighs constantly touching, our forearms bumping occasionally, as we raced our cars.

"No!" he shouted as his car crashed into the guardrail one last time and just as I was about to speed past him to victory, he laughed and reached over to grab the controller from my hands. I tried to resist by pulling the controller to me, but underestimated my strength and ended up with the controller and JInki lying on top of me as I fell back against the couch. 


His body was pressed flush and hot against mine, his hands on my chest for balance, his face mere inches from my own. Those vivid eyes searched mine asking, ing begging, for an answer he felt only I could provide. I felt my heart race, pounding in my chest as I felt those warm, soft breaths on my face. His hands slowly traveled up my shoulders, pressing, caressing, and then I felt his fingers as they grazed over the curves of my cheekbones as he gently pushed the blonde curls away from my face.

My desire burning through me, I gripped his tee shirt to hold him tight to me as I leaned up to capture his lips with my own and I was rewarded as those soft, sensuous lips moved against mine, my tongue traced over the fullness of his bottom lip. He groaned into my mouth as I writhed below him, shifting my hips. My hands, almost desperately, gripped his hips tight as I pressed them into my own and I began, in earnest, to grind, buck and arch up against him.

Now, it was my time to moan as his hips pushed harder against me and I felt his pressed against my own. The kiss deepened, our tongues entwining while our hands explored each other feverishly. It felt like his hands were everywhere. I felt them tangled in my hair, along my face, caressing behind my neck. My hands traveled over the taut globes of his , then caressed up his back and fisted themselves in his hair, the silky strands sliding softly through my fingers while I angled my head to deepen our kiss even more.

"Key…," he murmured as his mouth left mine and trailed down to my neck. I shuddered at the sound of his husky voice so full of desire, and I opened my mouth to reply to him, but the only sound I was capable of making at the moment was a long groan. My throbbed as he continued to grind uncontrollably against me; our bodies hungry for what we had long denied ourselves. His fingers were at the buttons of my shirt, and he had already managed to undo three of them. It felt so good, so right, the heat of his touch, the cool of the air. I had never felt more alive.

Basking in the sensations, I closed my eyes for a moment, reaching to pull his face down to mine for another kiss but I grabbed empty air and my eyes flew open in surprise. He was gone. I lay there, completely still, shocked and hard and aching, as I saw that he hadn't gone far. He stood right beside me and I stared up at him.

"Yes, tell mother we will be right there, thank you," he replied to someone I could not see. My eyes widened when I realized one of the servants must have walked in to announce dinner. Jinki's eyes shot down to me, his hair completely messy from my hands traveling through it.

"," I mouthed to him and he held his hand up. I heard the soft click of the door as the servant left and sighed in relief. "Did he see me?" I sat up slowly as Jinki sat down next to me, and elbows on knees, face in hands. He shook his head.

"No, I don't think so. He didn't even realize there was anyone else in the room. He probably assumed I had fallen asleep on the couch." He ran his hands through his hair, attempting to straighten it out. I reached out and placed a hand on his back, rubbing it up and down. I expected him to pull away, but he just looked over at me, giving me a weak smile. "Guess we should go to dinner?" He stood and held his hand out to me. I grabbed it, standing before him. I glanced behind me quickly before cupping his face in my hands and kissing him fully.

"Ready?" I pulled away, sighing. We walked, to the door, hand in hand. Jinki gave me a promising smile before he reached out to open the door.


That night, I slept not knowing what will happen next and practicallu sure that this will end bad. But I have this memory, no one can take this away.


I love Prince Lee Jinki. 


Tonight, that thought is enough. 


-----------------------
* comment and you will be given a tour of the palace by Prince Lee Jinki.
* I tried to make it chaptered but the drafts are depressing so I quit writing. 
* in the meantime, just enjoy this story. 

 

more notes:

This is a one-shot. my home for writing fiction and non-fic is over at livejournal (fayeiii) to know me personally, you can drop by my tumblr over at accio-onew. it is important for me to hear your comments and SUBSCRIBE if you like something i wrote. Feedback is very important to a writer. so please understand. also, recommend this to your friends. thanks.