05/20/13

Nostalgia

 

May 20, 2013

"So, what do you want to say?" That was the first thing you asked me and smiling. I can't help but weaken at the sight of you. You're pale and thin. But you're the girl I fall in love with and believe me, that's not gonna change. 

"Instead of all the things I want to say to you, I wrote a wedding vow instead." I said and you froze.

"A...wedding vow?" You said, you're voice cracking. I nodded and I smiled to stop the tears from falling. 

"Dear future wife. Just last month, I fell in love with you in an instant I looked at you at the school's farewell party. Those hazel eyes that sparkled with delight, that dazzling smile that never fails to make my heart flutter, that sweet voice that have the power to comfort me everytime you speak. There are so many things that I like about you that cannot be put to words," I stopped and cleared my throat. Just don't cry. "But one thing is for sure. I love you. Every second, every hour, every day, every week, every month, and every year. Even in the afterlife." 

 

A tear fell from you're cheek but you quickly wiped it and smiled at me. 

 


"I would also like to thank you though. Thank you for loving me, thank you for every little thing. No words can describe how much you changed my life. I'm excited to have our future together, I'm excited to see our little kids running around. I'm excited to feel the way I'll come home from work, and I'll find you waiting for me. You'd stand up, kiss my cheek, and we'd ask each other how both of our days went," I stopped again. My throat tightened, I felt my eyes moist, and I feel my heart hurting. Tears won't stop falling from you're face now. 


"And I can promise you. My love for you will not falter, will not weaken, will not diminish, even with all the miles between us. I love you. Forever." 

 

I remember how you instantly pulled me to a tight hug, and how you whispered to me, "I'm sorry Jimin. I'm sorry." 

I was about to reply but only heavy tears flowed down my cheeks. Even though, I bit my lip I can't stop the tears from falling. But I am sorry too. 

 

I'm sorry for not meeting you sooner. 

I'm sorry that I can't do anything to take the pain from you. 

I'm sorry I can't save you.