CAM ON: TWO

YOUNGJI TV

Youngji stood out of the way and placed her hands inside her pockets. Jackson didn't look like he was going to leave. It was late and everyone was tired. Youngji hesitantly nodded her head as if she admitted defeat.

"Come in," Youngji sighed.

Jackson looked like he was about to burst in tears. He didn't walk in, he ran inside. Almost as if he was scared she would change her mind and close the door on him. Michael ran towards the white leather couch and jumped up and down. He laughed and ran inside the bedroom. Jackson ran after him and stopped as soon as he realise that this wasn't his place. He calmly followed Michael. Everyone walked towards the master bedroom. Michael climbed on the bed. The poor boy was tired so he fell asleep. Youngji grabbed Jackson's arm and dragged him out to talk.

"What happened to you?" Youngji asked as soon as she closed the bedroom door.

Jackson pulled Youngji to the couch and sat down with her.

"It's a long story."

"Long or short; I need to hear it. What exactly is going on? Why are you here?"

"I came here to find a better life."

“And?”

“You’re the only one that can help.”

Youngji leaned back in her seat and looked at the master bedroom's door.

"Where is his mother?"

"We had an argument. And she never came back."

"Oh."

Jackson looked down at his feet for a good five seconds before looking up. He looked around the place and smiled to himself. Youngji followed his gazes and squinted her eyes. He wasn't actually think of staying here was he?

"Look, you need to find somewhere else to stay. I can't let you and Michael stay here. Not even for the night."

"How about... you let Michael stay and I'll leave. I need to some time to find an affordable place to stay. Please. You have to help me."

"Jackson. Are you hearing yourself?"

“I know. This is total bizzare thing for me to ask. But I really can’t stay in Hong Kong anymore. I have no future there.”

Youngji allowed those words to sink in. She couldn’t believe what Jackson was saying. She looked at Jackson and took in how much he’s changed. He used to be loved by everyone. He would have support where ever he was. Now he was on his knees. Begging Youngji to give his son a place to sleep. Jackson got up and cleared his throat. Jackson too, couldn't believe what he was doing. He obviously had no shame.

"Can you be Michael's mother for two- no, three! Can you be his mother for three days?"

Jackson kneeled on the floor with his forehead on the floor. Youngji stood up and pulled him up.

"I'm not going to be a mother," Youngji sighed while folding her arms, "but I will look after Michael for three days."

Jackson knelt down to his knees again.

"I don't know how to thank you!"

Jackson got his luggage that was near the couch and pulled it towards the main door. He then walked in the master bedroom to kiss his son goodbye. Youngji didn't want Jackson to stay but she knew that Michael would. She waited Jackson to walk out before speaking to him. Michael was still asleep.

Youngji closed the door.

"It's past midnight. You can leave first thing tomorrow morning."


Jackson smiled at Youngji. He was grateful to hear those words. And so, he moved in close to hug her. Youngji stood still, she wasn't expecting it. The hug reminded her back in those days when the two of them dated. How close they used to be. But those days were history. She was never going to forget what he did to her three years ago. She calmly pushed him away and looked at his suitcase.

"You can unpack Michael's clothes and leave them here."


 

 

Later that night, Youngji tossed and turned in her bed.  Jackson and Michael stayed in the master bedroom while Youngji stayed in her own. Knowing she won't be able to fall asleep, she sat up and reached for a book. After fliping two pages, Youngji carefully placed the book back onto her mini book shelf. Her brain wasn't focused enough to read. Youngji felt like calling her friends for a chat but she knew all of them would be sleeping. She looked around the room until her eyes caught the camera. Slowly and hesitantly, she switched it on.



Date: 25 March 2020 | Time: 1:30am Status:

Hey guys
 

It's 1:30am and I obviously can't sleep
 

...
 

You know...

I once, was in love.

He was indeed a charming guy. He would always know how to make me smile. I get butterflies! I get butterflies every time I saw him. Despite that, he made me happy. He was the reason why I loved life. He was simply... amazing.  I saw the possibilities that I never thought I would see.

 

But all that changed when I found out… that I wasn’t the only girl he loved.

To this day, I never knew if he ever loved me.

If I was the only one that took the relationship seriously.

If I was the only one who saw a future for the two of us.

If I was the only one who left their heart on the line.

 

Do you ever wonder why a person you love would ever cheat on you? Even if you didn’t do anything wrong to them? Don't you think unrequited love is too cruel? It took me so long to just find my pieces and put them together. Pieces of puzzles that would define my reason to be happy again. I was lucky to find it in the end.

I finally found it. I found happiness thanks to you fans. I found a new reason to love life.

And it’s you guys.

Your support meant so much. I realised how much love I was receiving.

However, I never was able to forget about “him”.

I thought I could erase him from my mind but no matter how hard I try, he would never disappear. Traces of him would return until one day, he comes back and asks you to help him.

It breaks my heart to see him. Not because he came back looking awful, but the fact that he was the one that caused me pain. His presence reminded me. He reminded me what love felt. But he also reminded me how much it hurts.

 

Youngji turned off the camera and covered . She took the memory card out after turning off the camera. Everyone around her would say she's a strong independent woman. A person who would never shed a tear for a jerk. But most of the time, she's terrified that she would. She hoped Jackson would never say "I love you, Youngji" because if he ever did, she would believe it. Even if it was a lie, she would believe it. He was her weakness. And she hated it. Silently sitting on her bed with the bedside lamp still on, Youngji broke down until eventually, she fell asleep.

Jackson was lying next to sleeping Michael. He too couldn’t sleep. He felt a sense of guilt that he had to come back. Deep down, he was hoping Youngji wasn’t crying like she would three years ago because of him.

 

 

The kitchen smelt like bacon and eggs early in morning. The sound of crackling bacon excited Jackson. Michael sat at the dining table with a pen in his hands. Jackson was too busy cooking breakfast to help his son look for paper to draw on. Today’s menu was simple and affordable. Not wanting to open Youngji’s pantry, Jackson woke up early to buy some meat and eggs with his own money. Jackson got three plates and scooped the food onto each. He gave Youngji an extra sausage as soon as she walked out from her bedroom.

 

“What are you doing?” Youngji sniffed.

“Oh! Good morning, Youngji.”

“Are you making breakfast?”

“Ah yeah. I’m not really a good cook but would you like to join? Here’s your plate.”

“Sure.”

 

Youngji sat down, facing opposite to Michael. The young boy blinked at Youngji a couple of times.

 

“Miss… do you have paper I can draw on?”

Jackson quickly placed the frying pan into the sink before walking over.

“I’m sorry, I forgot to buy him a drawing book.”

Youngji stood up and walked into her study room. She opened all the drawers. She opened up all the boxes of gifts that were given from the her fans. There was an orange A4 book that had blank pages inside. She smiled and walked back into the dining room.

“Here you go, you can have this one.”

“Thanks Miss! Orange’s my favourite colour.”

Youngj smiled and leaned in.

“Well, aren’t you lucky I have it in this colour.”

“Miss, you are so kind. I’m sure my dad is happy to know a kind person like you.”

“Michael! Haha! Okay you should eat up and let Youngji eat too.”

“Yes daddy.”

Jackson sat down and took quick bites of his sausages. He gobbled up his eggs and put his dishes into the sink before grabbing his suitcase. Michael pouted and ran into the bedroom without touching his food.Youngji put her fork down and looked over at Jackson with a confused face.

“I told Michael I was going to leave a couple of days to find a place to stay.  Jackson explained, “I also told him we can’t stay here for long.” Jackson explained with a look of guilt.

Youngji got up and grabbed Michael’s plate.

“You should go. I’ll take care of Michael.” Youngji reassured Jackson while pushing her chair in.

Jackson nodded Youngji farewell. He pulled a large, wheeled suitcase very slowly and walked out. He would imagine endless scenes of his son crying in bed. He felt sorry that he had to leave, even if it was for a few days.

Jackson straightened his back and took out his phone. He saved serval addresses of the apartments that were available for rent. Jackson stepped inside the elevators. If he could find a place to stay and maybe a decent job, then life would be bliss. Maybe he’ll find the confidence to find Suzy. Although they never got married, they did have a child together.

Meanwhile, Youngji knocked on the bedroom door before entering.

What she saw next was unbelievable.

 

author's note | hello my readers!
 I know that some of you are upset that Jackson is like this. I now it
's pretty surprising since Jackson was so likeable in More Than Seven Secrets. But there are plenty of stories on the internet that feature a "better" Jackson so if you're not into the not-so-typical jackji story then you can check out other fics ^_^

  I actually wanted to take on a character that you wouldn't be really fond of at first but as time goes by, you realise that they're not "all" bad because everyone make mistakes. I thought I made Jackson a father because we obviously all grow up with a family of our own (eg. Michael). However, Jackson's choice of leaving JYP to follow Suzy's footsteps wasn't the best idea. Not to mention dating two girls at the same time. Jackson made a mistake. And you readers are right, he is a jerk and he knows it. Hopefully he has learnt from his mistakes. 

It's weird that Jackson would have the gut to see Youngji again. Especially when Youngji clearly told him that she never wanted to see him again. Obviously the past still hurts her but she's not going to let that show to other people to see. Props to Youngji for acting like a boss infront of Jackson though. She's a lot cooler than Jackson in this case. Futhermore, she knows that no child deserves to be left homeless. Since she knows Jackson is financially unfit for a father, Youngji will give him a hand this one time. ONLY for the sake of Michael because he is a child afterall. Jackson is pretty selfish for doing this but he really has no where else to go. He doesn't even have friends anymore.

The character development in this story is what I'm hoping to be worth the read. This story is going to have a slower update because I'm writing this during exam period in uni OTL. I do try to write on the bus and before bed so I don't take forever to update. But I think I can update every week.

Thanks for the 100 subbies. I am happy :) and for those who are still staying despite the slow updates, extra thanks! :)

Now let's move on with some juicy real life jackji updates SO GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE AND LET'S TALK /wink wink/ if you're not a jackji shipper you can skip this haha.

So recently C-Radio featured Youngji, Jackson and BamBam. We can clearly see that jackji still bicker like they always do. I smiled when they talked about We Got Married. Youngji said that her and jackson would always fight if they were paired up. Hah. But Jackson would totally take part in WGM. He said if the producers of WGM are interested please call him HAHAHAHA. Even if they are "just friends" I think it'll be fun to watch them on WGM. Ah yes also on Roommate episode 24, did everyone noticed how jackji were extra comfortable with each other? I laughed when Guk-joo asked Youngji if she would go out with Jackson if he asked her out. Now I imagine that Jackson talks about Youngji to Guk-joo because they are close. Do remember that Guk-joo and Jackson are very close friends. So Guk-joo would know a lot about Jackson that we don't.

GOING BACK TO EPISODE 22, remember when seho leaned in toward youngji when serving her food? Jackson looked uncomfortable (and swallowing his anger? frustration? hmm) and kept eyeing on seho (check out this gif). He then looked at Guk-joo and Joon-hyung. Guk-joo looked back at Jackson with an unamused expression. She knows something. And Joon-hyung suddenly told seho to where a shirt underneath next time he does something like that to youngji. Everybody laughs awkwardly. And we all know that Joon-hyung is a part-time jackji shipper lol.  Because in episode 24, Joon-hyung looked at jackji who were in their own world and smiled at the two. He knows something

CAN WE ALSO TALK ABOUT JACKSON'S MOMMY FOLLOWING MULIPLE JACKJI ACCOUNTS ON INSTAGRAM? I don't care if they are just friends but even mama wang ships jackji LOL. Finally Youngji made an instagram account on jackson's birthday omg it's about time and yes jackson and youngji follows each other (so they can keep up to date yessss).

And let's not forget that moment when Jackson got out his phone and filmed Youngji dancing to MamaMia in ep 24. And when a boy takes a picture or records a girl it means he want something to look back on. I mean, if Jackson wanted to see Youngji dance than he can go online to watch it but no~ he wants to have his special footage that only he can have. And that footage is on his phone AND ONLY his phone :)

To watch the c-radio click here (go to 41 mins and 4 secs (or click here) to see jackji having a serious conversation lol and go to 55 mins 33 secs for their conversation about WGM (or click here).

For Roommate episode 24 click here