Addictions + Realizations

Falling in love

The doorbell chimed making all four guys sitting at the table turn towards the door. Hyukjae heard his name being called and as he hid his face in his books he wondered what gave him away this time. 

His glasses were still in place, his hair was still upwards not to mention he dyed it (sprayed) it black, maybe he was just bound to not fit in at all. 

After a few moments he felt an arm on his shoulder "It's alright Hyukjae, he's gone." It was Siwon. The tall male whispered to him not missing the look Donghae gave him. Hyukjae looked up only to be met by Sungmin and Ryeowook's worried eyes. 

"Are you okay?" Ryeowook asked and Hyukjae simply nodded. 

"That face plant must've hurt." Sungmin snickered "Seriously we heard the loud thud! And your face was on your book." They all laughed at that and Hyukjae was the first to speak. 

"What was that all about?" He asked turning to Donghae who rolled his eyes and sighed. 

"Something about his idol and hiatus I don't really know." He shrugged. 

"It's Eunhyuk! He announced hiatus! Well not him but there's rumors about it but that's not the point. Point is he just released an album and I already bought the tickets and Omo we'll miss him!" Henry wailed coming out from the back wrapping his apron on. 

Sungmin gasped "You're not serious are you?" He asked in disbelief taking out his phone to check what he missed. "Omo I can't believe this!" He screamed dramatically hyperventilating. Henry nodded agreeing with him. Both Siwon and Ryeowook patted Sungmin awkwardly. 

"Okay you two stop it you're scaring the customers away," Donghae scolded "Besides it's just a hiatus he'll come back eventually." He said earning a pair of glaring eyes. 

"It's more than that it's... It's... Remember how petals became when Heechul announced hiatus as well? Omo that'll happen too! I can feel it!" Henry yelled. Both Siwon and Hyukjae looked at each other knowingly. 

Heechul was way more famous than Eunhyuk or anyone in there company that is. Heechul was the first most successful solo artist. He was known for being the bravest most outgoing one with the best personality and attitude. He stood up for what he believed no matter what or who you were. There were rumors around the company that he even stood up against the previous president and the current one as well obviously something never done before. He was the epitome of a perfect role model for anyone and his fans and the latter(s) wanted to be like him. 

So when he announced hiatus his fans went crazy it even got to the point were a lot of them went over to his parent's house and demanded him to come back. They were all over the place (you can imagine the sasaeng fans gave him the most headaches) and Heechul had to do fan meetings, concerts, shows, etcetera.. At the last minute nothing was prepared and he had to promise he'd come back (Heechul was known to keep his promises). It was a riot and their company couldn't even handle it because they didn't own his fans. 

"Excuse me I need to make a call." Hyukjae stood up and walked outside. 

"Hello?" The other end answered. 

"Kangin! You announced hiatus? I thought I was going to keep doing the schedules." 

"I didn't. Look we don't know who spilled this rumor but we're trying to clear it out. We're trying to prevent what happened to Heechul from happening to you but your fans don't believe us though they want you to clarify it." 

"What about the concerts? Everything is ongoing right?" 

"It's being announced as we speak. Hyukjae they want you to clarify it personally." 

Hyukjae sighed and checked his online page and sure enough it was posted seconds ago already having a numerous amount of comments. 

"Oh by the way it's a good thing you called, your first concert has been rescheduled it's in less than a week." 

"What?!" 

"I'm sorry I really did try to keep it how it was but like I said we were trying to prevent another riot you're fans are all up here blocking the exits and some left after we promised that. It was crazy Hyuk." 

"I understand. I gotta go you know where to find me. I'll be at the company-"

"Come as soon as you can tomorrow we have already called the press." 

Hyukjae mentally cursed whoever spilled the rumor. 

"I'll just finish up my homework and rest. I'll be there tomorrow early in the morning." He assured. 

Kangin sighed "Alright take care." 

"Thanks you too." After hanging up he headed back inside the cafe. Henry and Sungmin were now jumping excitedly. 

"Hey Hyukkie would you like something?" Donghae asked as he sat down again. 

"No thanks fishy anyways what's up now?" He asked mentally smirking when Donghae started blushing. 

"They found out that Eunhyuk's concert is this Saturday so everyone who bought the tickets for the first concert will be valid for use on this one." Siwon explained without looking up from his book. 

"Well it's the first plus we already bought them so it's only fair." Henry stated grinning happily. 

"I already bought the tickets all of us are going too." Sungmin said putting his tablet away. 

"Yep I bought mine and Donghae's as soon as they were on sale." Henry announced proudly making Sungmin snort. 

"Wait I never said I'm going I'm not even a fan." Donghae said frowning. Hyukjae didn't know why but it kind of hurt to know that. Why wasn't he a fan? And why did he even care if he was or wasn't? He knew not everyone was his fan so it shouldn't matter. Maybe it was the way he said it. Yeah that was it. 

"Too bad! Mom and dad said I can only go if you do too." Henry pointed at Donghae. 

"Well I got us four covered plus Hannim as well." Sungmin said pointing to the rest. 

"Oh no, I'm sorry I can't I have uh something to do that day." Hyukjae bowed apologizing. 

"Really?" Sungmin asked "Oh well it can't be helped?" Sungmin asked as Ryeowook shook his head at the bunny of the group. "Minnie you should've asked. Some of us have stuff to do." He said opening the bunny's literature book. 

"Well I know you don't have any plans nor Siwon and Hannim has their anniversary until Sunday." He pouted. 

"It's alright though I'm sure what he has to do is important otherwise he wouldn't be missing Eunhyuk's concert right?" Siwon smirked and Hyukjae glared at him for a split second seeing as the rest had turned towards him he smiled. 

"You mean you're a fan?" Donghae asked surprised.

"Well you can say that." He laughed nervously scratching the back of his head. 

"I never would've guessed you're a fan." Sungmin said slapping Ryeowook's hand away when he tried to open Sungmin's book once again so the blond would concentrate. 

"Can we now finish our homework?" Ryeowook sighed opening everyone's book. They all took their seats and Hyukjae mentally thanked Ryeowook for shifting the subject. 

The five students worked on their literature homework followed by math and biology then Sungmin and Siwon performed part of their individual skit and finally as everything was finished, one by one started leaving. 

"Hyukkie what are your hobbies?" Donghae asked coming with a strawberry milkshake handing it to the dark haired male who looked up from his phone taking the drink and thanking him. 

"I love to dance and sing." He said sipping from his milkshake while staring at Donghae. 

"I love to do that too." Donghae smiled. 

"Also sports I love them. I play video games but I'm not an addict." He laughed thinking of Kyuhyun who was an addict. 

Donghae nodded "Same here though the sport I enjoy the most is soccer. What games have you played?" 

"Soccer? Nice choice I used to play." He chuckled when Donghae beamed jumping a little while shouting "Me too!" 

"Hmm about games.." He proceeded to list off the different games he played on different devices. 

"Wow you really play more than me." Donghae smiled amazed about the other's gaming knowledge which Hyukjae had only one person to thank and that was the evil maknae of KY. 

"What's your gametag?" Hyukjae asked not sure if it was right to ask or not. Why couldn't he just ask for his number instead? He frowned at his own thought. It would've been for school and friend purposes only. 

"Here I'll write it down." He took the pencil from Hyukjae's hand. For a moment his hand lingered on his as they stared at each other. Donghae's heart was beating fast and he wouldn't be surprised if Hyukjae could hear it too. Hyukjae on the other hand didn't know why his heart was jumping like this as he felt his ears burn he turned to his books quickly. 

"Oh sorry. Here." Donghae said writing something down on his notebook nervously. 

"I guess we have a lot in common." Hyukjae said trying to blow away the awkwardness filling the air. 

"Yes we do." Donghae handed him his notebook back. 

"Thank you. I have to go now. I'll see you tomorrow." He said gathering his things and putting them inside his satchel. He didn't know why but seeing Donghae pout like that made him want to stay. 

"You have to go?" He asked making Hyukjae smile as he pinched his cheeks that were beginning to turn pink. 

"No I can stay a while longer." He was confused as to why he had said that but seeing Donghae smile at his answer made it all worth it and he smiled as well. 

They both talked about themselves and felt as if they knew each other for so long. 

"Can I request something of you?" Hyukjae asked once again making Donghae blush. The latter could only imagine what it was he wanted but snapped himself out of those thoughts. 

"Yes anything." He accidentally said and hoped he didn't sound too dreamily. 

"Can I have another one of your Macchiato?" Donghae blinked in surprise "It's just ever since I had the first I've been having the taste in my mouth. I've gone to other cafés and trust me yours is the best I don't know what it is but I love it." He added. 

Donghae couldn't be more ecstatic hearing what Hyukjae had just said. He kept hearing those words over and over inside his head. He smiled and stood up. "I'm really happy you said that and to be honest, you're the only one I've made one for." With that he left towards the kitchen to prepare the espresso. 

Hyukjae felt extremely lucky and proud? After hearing he was the only one to have Donghae's Macchiato. He wanted it to stay that way. 

A while later the brunette brought the drink and handed it to him watching as he took a sip from the drink. Hyukjae smiled brightly, it tasted the same as the last time he had it. 

"I take it you still love it?" Donghae asked expectantly. 

"I do. I love it." Hyukjae replied taking another sip. Donghae simply smiled at the sight. 

"I'm glad you do." He said. "I'm thinking of doing the Macchiatos from now on." 

"You mean you'll do everyone's?" Hyukjae asked trying to decipher the feeling welling up inside his chest. 

"Yeah I mean if you say they're really that great then why not." Donghae shrugged finally sitting down. 

"You can't. I don't want you to. I want you to make them only for me." Hyukjae blurted out without thinking. His eyes widened once he realized what he just said. Donghae was shocked he didn't know why he just said that. Was he being selfish? Did he love them that much to keep them to himself only? Or was it because he was the one making them? He felt really happy yet confused as well and the least he wanted was to get his hopes up for nothing. 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to say it like that it's just I don't know why I said that." He stood up trying to explain without stuttering. Donghae wasn't thinking right (or so he blamed) when he stood up and hugged Hyukjae. He hugged him tightly both hearts beating fast as he nuzzled his head on the taller boy's neck. Hyukjae was shocked yet shivered when he felt Donghae's breath on his neck as his heart sped up again. 

He felt Donghae's warmth enveloping his cold body and began to wrap his arms around the brunette who slowly realized what he did and pushed himself out of the embrace face flushed. 

"I'm sorry Hyukkie I didn't mean to startle you like that." He began to explain frantically. He didn't want Hyukjae to feel awkward around him. Most importantly he didn't want Hyukjae to stop talking to him. He didn't want to lose his friendship. But what Hyukjae did next caught him off guard. The dark haired male pulled him into another embrace this time he was the one holding him tightly. Donghae gasped not expecting this. 

Hyukjae was hugging him. Tightly. 

Both hearts racing. 

He wrapped his arms around the thin man's waist as he inhaled his alluring scent. He nuzzled himself on his neck once more feeling how Hyukjae shivered and inhaled at the contact. "Hyukkie." He whispered. Said boy hummed as he set his head on Donghae's gently his soft brown locks making the brunette sighed happily. 

They remained that way for a while none wanting to break the warm contact. 

"Hey Hae mom said-" Henry stopped once he saw what was going on. 

Immediately both boys let go of each other blushing awkwardly. 

"I'm sorry I should probably get going." Hyukjae said picking up his bag. 

"Um yeah I have to go help my mom." He said watching as Hyukjae walked over to the door. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." He shouted avoiding eye contact and left the cafe. 

"Well I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt you and your boyfriend's moment hyung." Henry apologized slightly chuckling when his brother blushed. 

"He's not my boyfriend." He explained. He could still feel Hyukjae's arms wrapped around him making him smile. 

He stared at the half empty mug that Hyukjae had left. He grabbed the mug and brought it up to his face smelling the espresso with a hint of strawberries as well. He smiled at Hyukjae's obsession. He pondered whether it was right or wrong to take a sip from his mug. Without much thought he took a sip on the same side Hyukjae's lips had touched. He didn't know whether it was the Macchiato that tasted really good or the fact that Hyukjae's lips were planted on the same spot he drank from or just the thought of Hyukjae and him sipping from the same mug, the same spot. 

No scratch that it was the thought of the indirect kiss they both shared. His first kiss. 

Hyukjae stared at the steering wheel in front of him still thinking about what happened minutes ago that is until he heard a loud beep snapping him out of his thoughts. He looked up to see the light green and immediately stepped on the pedal. Once he parked his car and closed his garage he started spacing out again. The scene played over and over again in his head. 

He had to admit he liked the feeling of having the brunette in his arms. The warmth he emitted, the way the brunette said his name, his really soft skin and thin lips. Wait what was he thinking? 

Shaking out of those thoughts he opened his door and with a click he locked his car and made his way towards the lobby and to the elevator. 

Once at his floor he opened his shared apartment and was met with silence. It was no surprise for him knowing who his roommates and he were or rather did. They were probably already asleep. He the living room lights and tossed his coat and his bag on the couch. As he was making his way to his room Kyuhyun popped out in front of him with an evil smirk plastered on his perfect face. 

"What did you do now?" Hyukjae asked rolling his eyes "And stop creeping up on people will you?" He scolded which made the younger's smirk grow wider. 

"Yesung!" He called "I told you it wasn't a script." He said prompting the other boy to pop up from his room. 

"Shut up Kyuhyun you weren't supposed to say anything." He hit the younger's arms as Hyukjae looked at both confused. 

"What's going on?" He asked now making both boys smirk. 

"Lover boy here is clueless Yesung," said boy snickered "May I hug you like that too?" Kyuhyun finished chuckling lightly. 

Hyukjae's eyes widened "You both stalked me?" He asked mouth agape. 

"We weren't I swear!" Yesung started defending himself "The maknae here wanted to visit the cafe you always talk about." 

"I want to try that Macchiato too." Kyuhyun winked noting how Hyukjae's expression turned to angry. 

"You can't! In fact I forbid you two from ever going there. You're banned!" He made his way to the kitchen while the other two boys followed closely behind. He took out a water bottle and turned to face them. 

"Oh no, you heard that Yesung? We're banned from ever entering there." Kyuhyun dramatically emphasized. 

"And what do you mean lover boy? I'm not in love." Twisting the cap he proceeded to drink from the bottle. 

"Do you find yourself thinking of the same person over and over? Do you feel something when you're around them? Does your heart beat faster? Do you find that person attractive? Do you get nervous around the person or suddenly feel as if you don't know what you're doing?" Yesung asked reading from a book Hyukjae had never seen around the apartment before. 

"What? I don't even know why you're asking me this." He said screwing the cap back on. 

He started to think about Yesung's words. He would be lying if he said he didn't feel any of that. He did think Donghae was rather very handsome and cute. He did think about the brunette more often than he'd admit. He did feel something when Donghae was around. Yes his heart did beat faster when around him. 

Could it be..? 

He was too deep in thought he didn't realize his friends were reenacting what happened at the cafe. 

"Admit it you have feelings for him." Kyuhyun spoke with an amused look.

"No I do not." He replied hiding his flushing face from them. 

Kyuhyun proceeded to hug Yesung tightly as the latter puckered up his lips making smacking noises with his lips. 

"Stop it!" Hyukjae shouted embarrassed. He bit his lip thinking of how it'd feel like to actually kiss Donghae. That cute fish of his- no not yet. 

"You want me to tell you everything or not?" He asked snapping out of those thoughts. Soon he started telling them everything once both boys stopped and nodded proceeding to the living room. 

---------

Heenim glared at the text she had received from Sungmin. 

'Hey girly! Clear your Saturday because I've already bought the tickets for Eunhyuk's concert! You and your Hannie are very welcome! :D'

And here she was planning on using this Saturday for her cooking lessons. She sighed thinking instead of asking Ryeowook to teach her. 

"What's with that frown?" She heard her Hannie ask when he stopped at a red light to look at her questioningly. 

"You better not have anything to do on Saturday." She started looking at him "Because Sungmin just texted me about going to Eunhyuk's concert he even bought our tickets already." 

Hangeng thought for a second before accelerating once the light turned green "I don't have anything planned actually." He said deciding on moving his song practice to Friday instead. They knew when Sungmin planned a day out together it was literally the whole day. 

Hangeng parked his car in front of the apartment complex. Turning off the engine, he turned to look at his girlfriend. "Well we're here," He smiled checking his phone "And I saved myself from a lecture from Siwon." They both laughed but stopped when his phone rang signaling a new message. 

Hangeng knew he had nothing to hide so he opened the text message in front of his girlfriend which he regretted. He groaned as Heenim smiled gently poking his slightly red cheeks. 

'I'm sure Heenim told you want I planned. Anyways remember to return home early also please use protection none of us want become uncles yet (;' 

'If you only knew' Heenim thought feeling guilty. Hangeng lifted her face by her chin and looked worriedly at her. "What's wrong?" He asked concerned when Heenim's face turned to depressed. 

"I'm sorry." She said pulling him into a tight hug which he returned. 

"What are you sorry for?" He asked pulling away when he noticed her voice cracked to look at her and sure enough she had tears rolling down her perfectly pale cheeks. He wiped her tears away with his thumbs gently. It hurt him seeing her cry especially when he didn't know why. 

"It's nothing." She sniffed looking at him. "I love you Hannie." She said making Hangeng smile at her words "I love you too." He pulled her in for another hug but instead Heenim's lips met his. It was a slow passionate kiss depicting the love they have for each other and Hangeng pulled her closer. 

Soon after they pulled away due to lack of air. Heenim smiled at her boyfriend the latter doing the same. He was about to ask again but she stopped him knowing him too well.  

"It's nothing really I'm just happy it's almost three months we've been together." It wasn't a lie either, she really did feel happy and grateful they had met. 

"I hope there's more to come." He pecked her nose and chuckled when she rolled her eyes and smacked his arm lightly. 

"You're cheesiness is rubbing off on me." She grinned and he knew she loved him being cheesy regardless. 

Gently slapping his cheeks she pecked his lips and slowly leaned in but as they were going to start another make out session a low ding! Was heard announcing Hangeng had received another message. Seeing who had sent it, Heenim grabbed his phone and read the text. 

"I can see you both e.e.. Hangeng it's almost curfew time you better get her here soon.' 

Heenim glared at the innocent text 'You're my roommate NOT my brother -.- Hmm I might just go to his place hehehe'

Hangeng chuckled seeing his girlfriend typing in rage rapidly. 

"You wouldn't dare è.é' 

'Watch me (:<' She didn't even notice when Hangeng had opened the door for her. She looked up at him questioningly as he extended his hand towards her. 

"Nope missy you're sleeping in your bed tonight." She was about to protest but realized she really couldn't "Alright fine." She said grabbing his hand. He wrapped his arms around her thin waist and kissed her lips a couple of times. They pulled apart and turned towards the entrance lobby where Siwon was impatiently waiting while tapping his foot and arms crossed over his chest. 

Hangeng waved at him before turning to Heenim who rolled her eyes and pecked her one last time. "I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled nodding at him and picking her stuff she made her way towards the overprotective waiting boy. 

Hangeng made his way to the driver's seat turning on the engine once he saw Heenim and Siwon entering the elevator. He wasn't annoyed or bothered by Siwon's attitude towards Heenim sure at first he thought he was jealous and loved Heenim as well but after they had a heart to heart talk (in which Hangeng confessed what he felt for her and Siwon confessed he loved her as the little sister he never had and assured him it was just that) he became grateful that Siwon would protect her like that and felt relieved Heenim was safe when he wasn't around. 

Over at the elevator Siwon frowned staring at the shiny elevator doors in front of them. 

"Oh stop frowning I can see your reflection sheesh." Heenim spoke up. She wasn't one for awkward silences. 

"You always make me worry." he said stepping out of the elevator along with Heenim. They both started walking to their apartment and Siwon unlocked the door letting Heenim in first.  

"I'm sorry I don't mean to but you know I can take care of myself as well." They both took their shoes off to wear their indoor slippers and she made her way to the desk in the living room taking out her tablet to charge it. 

"I know you can but I can't help but get worried. Either way you know you're like my little sister." He sighed talking off his jacket and hanging it on the coat hanger.  

"I wish I was a girl," she rolled her eyes once again hanging her jacket on the back of the swivel chair she was sitting on "I know I should tell him but I can't." 

"Have you even tried?" Siwon arched an eyebrow taking a seat on the couch across from the desk. 

"I have," Siwon gave her a look and she sighed pulling at her hair in frustration "Ok fine I haven't," she admitted "I can't it's just the way he looks at me, the way he acts it's just too hard this is deeper than I thought I mean I was going to tell him when he asked me out but you should've seen how he looked at me I felt that if I told him at that moment he'd be heartbroken and never talk to me again." 

"What about before that?" He asked looking at her and remembering the time when they were the best of friends before becoming a couple. 

"I didn't think he loved me like that I mean- remember I rejected him the first time? Not because the moment was wrong like I had made him believe but because I knew he couldn't be with me. But then he asked me out again and I couldn't say no." He sighed going over to her and embracing her as she cried silently. 

"You have to tell him and if he truly loves you he'll accept you either way," Siwon reasoned trying to help his "sister". "He'll understand and keep loving you. Remember what Ryeowook always says "When you love someone you fall with the heart not the eyes and gender shouldn't matter what really matters are the feelings." Yeah it's cheesy but it's also very true." He looked down at her sniffling form and grabbed the Kleenex box from the coffee table. 

"So you think he'll accept me how I am?" She asked in a hopeful voice as she accepted the Kleenex he was offering. 

"Yes he has to if he loves you. You didn't even change who you truly are just your gender so you're still Heenim." He cooed making the latter smile. 

"You're right I have to tell him." Siwon patted the blonde's hair. He was surprised it wasn't a wig seeing how perfectly soft it was. 

"That's my girl!" Siwon smiled ruffling her hair making the other growl. 

"Hush I'm older than you." Heenim retorted as they both laughed. 

Hyukjae had told his friends everything that had happened that day and surprisingly enough both boys got excited about his new life. He felt really happy he could tell them everything. 

Now as he lay in his bed he pushed away the sheep he was counting in his head since he couldn't sleep and went back to what was surrounding his mind from the beginning. 

Donghae.

He really was handsome and had nice, soft hair and his eyes were beautiful, his nose was perfect and those lips! 

"No stop it Hyukjae! You can't think like that!" He thought. 

They had barely met but both boys felt as if they knew each other for so long. He went back to the moment of the hug. He didn't even know why he pulled him in for another one all he knew was that it felt right. Holding the brunette in his arms like that, he wanted to do it again. He wanted to see him smile and grin again. Seeing him blush knowing he caused those cute red shades on his cheeks made him smile. Seeing his eyes twinkle with happiness was something he always wants to see in the brunette. 

He sighed and smiled tasting the Macchiato still lingering in his mouth. 

One thing was for sure, Donghae was starting to become more than just a friend to him.

----------------

A/N: Hi my lovelies! I hope you all liked this chapter. And as I promised more Eunhae ah EunHae getting so close! 

Hope I didn't disappoint ^^ 

Don't forget to comment~ 

QUESTION: Should I add Kyumin and Yewook in the story?? I was originally planning only EunHae and Hanchul but I want to know if you guys would want to see other couples besides the main ones develop..? 

Comment what you think please ^^