Like I'm gonna lose you (3/3)

What are you waiting for ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nicki and Seunghyun truly believed that once the whole 'hardcore fans' issue would've have been dealt with, everything would be fine. Sadly many obstacles came their way, the first one? Their busy schedules, with Nicki's upcoming album being recorded and Bigbang's world tour the two lovers barely saw each other. Sure they spoke to each other on the phone and used FaceTime practically every day, but it just wasn't the same as physically being near each other. Seeing each other through the screen made their hearts ache more than anything, basically it made them happy and sad at the same time. Of course, there was always the hope of seeing each other as soon as their schedule would stop being so unbearably occupied, that kept giving them hope. The prospect of seeing Nicki again in the flesh and being able to hug her, kiss her and make love to her warmed Seunghyun heart and helped him kept his stance about the overwhelmingly private questions the public had about his relationship. Halas, there was one huge thing Seunghyun had "forgotten" to mention to his beloved girlfriend. Well in reality, he had simply been too scared to talk about said huge thing. What was the big secret ? His impending enlistment to the Korean army.

It was always in the back of his mind, he never forgot about it and was always conscious that the dreadful time would arrive and yet he couldn't bear the thought of hurting Nicki that way by asking her to wait for him. At first, he thought that he would be able to figure out a plan and would have everything under control and the only one getting hurt in the end would be him. But as time went by, he fell deeply in love and become less and less ready to face his responsibility and be completely honest with the one he loved and just as he predicted...it came back biting him right in the .

After a successful year and countless awards, the Korean press -especially kpop sites- incessantly kept reminding the twenty-nine-year-old rapper that his time to enlist for the army had come, and he only had around seven month months left to tell Nicki about it. He managed with all the horrible racist insults she's gotten in the beginning of their relationship, to advise her not to read anything in the press about him and thus avoid her finding out about his enlistment. It wasn't difficult at all considering she didn't like reading articles about neither him or her because it was usually just a load of crap some so called "journalists" written because they had time to waste, apparently. Which explains how being really close to celebrating their first anniversary together, he still hadn't told her that he would basically be unable to see her during two whole years. Seunghyun honestly felt like he had fooled his own self by trying to gain time but at last the result was the same. He only managed to delay the inevitable. And there he was, with seven-barely eight- months in front of him before he had to enlist for the army and accomplish what was expected of him a Korean male citizen.

The impending separation to come took a toll on his mood and he found himself nostalgic of the time where any idea of enlistment wouldn't become a reality before at least five years. And yet, this illusion was just that: an illusion and he had to come back to reality pretty soon. Fortunately, BigBang, his fans, music but most of all Nicki made him happy and look forward to each next day. Especially considering the fact that they would finally see each other again after almost three weeks apart.

They previously had, over the phone, planned to spend New Year's Eve together with Nicki's family "And next year we'll spend it with yours" had she said, joyfully which broke the man's heart. Of course, she had no idea that he wouldn't be able to physically be with her the next year.

So here he was, having only just landed in L.A. after a twelve-hour flight, incredibly excited and happy to spend the holiday with his girlfriend but also scared of how much he was going to hurt her. Not only that, but an even deeper worry was creeping up on him, the thought of Nicki dumping him because of his lie made him very scared and restless. He would understand if she decided to be done with him, really, after all, he had without wanting to, broke her trust. But still, the possibility of her leaving still saddened terribly him and he couldn't help but feel powerless to all that. Thus, he took advantage of the time he had in the taxi driving him to Nicki's house, to think about how he was going to break the news to his girlfriend. That turned out to be useless and a fail because he didn't manage to find the right way to tell her he was basically putting on hold their relationship for two years. You can't do that to her, man, get your together ! he told himself, She's gonna leave you and it's your fault, you brought this on yourself. You got no other choice but to deal with the consequences of your actions! What consequences? Him getting dumped by who by now, he truly felt like, was the love of his life.

He was so deep in thoughts that he didn't see that the car had reached its destination, and he certainly wasn't prepared for the screaming kids who came running to the vehicle and excitedly hitting its windows.

"Oh my god auntie he's so handsome !" Screeched the high-pitched voice of a child. "Open up uncle, come out and say hello !"

Momentarily shocked at the familial title which he had been addressed as he couldn't do anything but stay motionless. And the child -a little girl dark skinned girl with voluminous brown hair- managed to open the car door and thus, revealing behind her two other little girls and a boy, all of the three who were amazed at the meeting for the first time. The little kids all shared familiar traits with Nicki and he knew without a doubt, that they were the nieces and nephews his girlfriend told him about. The girl in the front of the group suddenly screeched which made all the other kids jump excitedly while looking at him. And if at first he had been (slightly) scared -just a little bit really- by those overly energetic kids, but soon, their happy mood got to him and he broke a smile in front of those little humans who were so happy and ready to meet him.

"Hey kids I'm Seunghyun, it's nice to meet you all !" he kindly presented himself once he got out of the car.

"Good morning uncle!" the kids said in unison before throwing themselves at him.

The little cuties were all hugging his legs in joy, and as soon as he got on eye level with them, he was suddenly drowned in a group hug, which he gladly accepted. Despite how sudden this embrace was, he welcomed it and took it a sign that this family meeting would go really well. After all, he was meeting Nicki's family for the first time, a family that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter