All eyes on you (2/3)

What are you waiting for ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AN: This is my first time writing so get ready to cringe lmao. I don't write romanized Korean expressions unless there's no English translation, just so ya know.

Warnings : SMUUUUUUUUUT so yeah.... 

"Bigbang's TOP and American rapper Nicki Minaj's scandalous relationship revealed !" could be read on the front page of the gossip magazine, Dispatch. 

This was the cover that made everyone lose their damn minds. 

The news of Seunghyun and Nicki's relationship left everyone in utter confusion and astonishment and it was totally understandable given the fact that the couple barely has had time to tell their relatives about the very recent and new relationship. It came as a shock, of course, to many people, but Tabi and Nicki both knew they could change their friends and families' minds, the public, however, was the totally different thing. First of all Seunghyun was supervised and under the watch of the Korean public, he was an idol and many responsibilities came with that job. Number one doesn't get involved romantically with anyone, or at least keep it under the radar. He told his boss, Yang Hyun-Suk that he was dating, which made, the older man giggle like a teenage girl. 

"I should've known you would go for a curvaceous chocolate lady with how much you've been talking about Beyoncé all these years!" the President said with a knowing smile. 

He faked a smile at the old man, obviously eager to get the hell out of this room and deal with the storm he was facing. 
Seunghyun was going crazy and hated himself for it. He hadn't seen Nicki in almost two months and terribly missed her, but at the same time he couldn't believe how clingy he became. He had at some point though he could maybe spend a few weeks with his lady, but alas, not only she had a worldwide tour to complete, but he also had his comeback with Bigbang to prepare. And with their relationship being exposed to the public, he to change all of his plans. This pretty much meant that he wouldn't be able to spend some time with Nicki anytime soon, which truly desolated him, as corny and desperate it may sound. 

Fortunately, he had the opportunity to see her before this whole mess and seized it. He had attended some of her tour dates and she attended some his Made Tour with the rest of Bigbang. Obviously that didn't go unnoticed by many fans and soon enough, the press started digging in his and Nicki's business. It annoyed him, to say the least, to have so many people always asking him indiscreet questions, that was his business and he had no intention of sharing it with the public. Not to mention saesangs who went ballistic when YG Entertainment confirmed the news of his relationship. Originally he planned to not read any of their comments, knowing that he would probably feel insulted by them and instead chose to ignore what anyone would say. But due to the fact that it was not only the first kpop/on-kpop artist relationship to be made public but also him being the first Korean artist to publicly date a Black woman, the whole affair went way beyond the boundaries of the kpop fandom. Hell ,even sociologists and all kinds of professionals went on TV to discuss his relationship and how it reflected a change in Korean society! He was afraid this could backlash on Nicki and hurt her, luckily she was a strong woman and every time he had her on the phone she would say the same thing. 

"They don't matter, you're the only one who does Bae." she would reassure him. 

Seunghyun was done and honestly didn't think it could go worse than that. How wrong he was! Saesangs and antis came to every public appearance he made to spit their words of hate, on the other side fans who supported his relationship also came to defend him, to which he was grateful for. He truly hoped the hype would die with time, but after a month of the constant tension he decided to speak publicly, to calm everyone or at least, he hoped it would calm things. His band members supported him and cheered for him like he was about to go on the ring. In reality, it wasn't such a big deal for him, given the fact that he was going to be speaking for maybe five minutes tops. Deep inside, however, he was a wreck and didn't know how he was going to handle this. After all kpop idols who had to take drastic measures against seasangs did it quietly to not attract more hate, they certainly didn't do it publicly like he was about to. But he felt like he had to take a stand and do it now before the situation got out of hands. Just a couple of days ago, he had seen on the web that fans of Nicki had said loud and clear that they weren't happy about how the Korean public treating their favorite musician. 

Nicki had tried to calm him, told him he didn't have to do it if it was putting him in such a nervous state. In an all honesty, he didn't feel like she was really understanding his state of mind after all she was very different from him, sure of herself and didn't search for the approval of others. Seunghyun, however, wasn't like that at all. Don't get him wrong, he doesn't care about pleasing everyone, but he felt the need to be firm with the public about how they could treat him and his girlfriend since all hell broke loose once the relationship was confirmed. 

"Chill Hyung, everything's gonna is alright." Taeyang singsong with a smile while patting his shoulder in an affectionate gesture. 

He sent a small smile to his dancing to show him that he appreciated the gesture. They were both in the same car, his band mates were going to meet up with his own girlfriend and offered a ride to TOP. The latter didn't want a car with a chauffeur and all that, having decided to make a conference at the last minute and he wanted to be able to leave as soon as he would have said what he had to say. The moment he entered the room, yells of "How are you Seunghyun-shi ?" could be heard, to which he politely smiled in return. Pretty soon he  sat in front of a mic, hundreds of cameras capturing his every move and so, he began. 

" Hello I am TOP from Bigbang and thank you all for coming today," he said, his voice monotone and a bit hesitant," I have asked you to come because as you may have heard, I am now in a relationship, a news that was confirmed by my agency a few weeks ago. Despite being an idol for several years now I have never been so public about my private life and I truly hoped I wouldn't have to be standing here in front of you like I am doing right now," he continued, his voice slightly trembling because hated the fact that he had to be so polite to people who didn't give him the same treatment. "Unfortunately, some of the comments made about my partner have truly upset me and I'm asking you all to please refrain yourself from using such crude words in the future. I once again thank you all for coming today and truly hope everything will be alright from now on." 

And just as quickly as he came in the room, he left, without a single glance to the now almost hysteric journalists who wanted to ask him questions. He had no intention of answering them anyway. The same sort of chaos was waiting him outside of the conference building, however, having anticipated this he had called for a driver in advance and only had to struggle a little bit against the agitation of the crowd before he had been able to breath, once seated in his reserved car.Not feeling like going out and having some free time before he had to return to the studios with Bigbang he decided to go home and probably just chill in the quiet and peaceful place that was his loft. Only once he had arrived there something felt off, wrong and he couldn't quite figure out what it wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter