Chapter 11

Sunset at Jaopraya
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The uncompromised punishment is now the hot topic for people who live in that area. And it makes everyone scare and not dare to take anything from the boat dock anymore. 

At the same time people are now used to have the Japanese troops as neighbor, the soldiers would often go in and buy fruits from the local. Sometime they become good friends so the owner of the orchid would give the soldiers a good bargain and free fruits. The soldiers would repay them by getting everyday necessity that are now super expensive like coffee, sugar and can food.

Except for one house that is the closest house from the boat dock. Every time the soldiers go in and find the beautiful petite girl, she would refuse to sell anything to them and answer back shortly,

“Not for sale!”

But if the soldiers are lucky, they would find the middle age lady that would give them a welcoming smile and give away the fruits for free without charging them a penny.

This made Aom furious and can’t help but complain her mom.

“Mom, why do you have to give anything to them, we work hard to grow all these fruits”

“Honey, I never see you being stingy with anyone before”

“Well it’s because you give it away for free”

“Aom, they’re our neighbor and they are very nice to us, I’m just simply showing kindness back. Like the other day I don’t know who put a huge bag of sugar on our front porch. It’s such a good quality sugar too, so white. You know right now sugar is very expensive, plus it’s brownish color, not a good quality like this one. And it’s because we show kindness to them”

“I don’t care, I can eat the brownish one”

“I only see you being mad at them, they never cause us any trouble”

Aom didn’t answer her mom, but deep down in her heart, she is blaming this war. The war is the reason that make one person that’s always in her heart, can’t come back. The petite girl would sometime go stand under the Mangrove Tree stare into the river like she’s waiting for someone with every breath.

 

 

The white motor boat is sailing in the river with high speed, but then the motor suddenly stop working. The owner try to start it, it seem like it’s going to work but shut down again. The owner mumble to oneself, bend down to look at the motor and try to fix it, at the same time leave the boat to float with the current, when the owner hear the sound of an instrument coming from a Thai style house. The owner of the boat look up at the house with curiosity but then went back to fix the boat and try to start it again. When there’s no use in fixing it anymore, the owner of the boat now row the speed boat heading for that Thai style house.

The tall figure jump up from the boat and tying it to a pole professionally and put one’s hat on the seat of the boat, so it shows the tall figure’s short hair which made that face look younger than one’s age.

The tall figure walk on the walkway to the Thai style house, which have Jasmine trees on both side of the walkway. The tall figure look up from the foot of the steep stair, but not a shadow was around, but you can still hear sound of the instrument coming from the house. So, Kimhan carefully walk up to the house and pop one’s head in.

The inside of the house is pretty dark, the patio has 2-3 doves walking around and in the middle of the living area, there’s a petite girl dress in cream color dress, sitting playing the instrument. The dress made the beautiful petite girl’s skin glow even more, her black thick hair is tie loosely in a ponytail, the image that Kimhan is seeing seem like it’s a painting more than real life and made the tall figure pause for a while. Kimhan came back to one’s senses and trying to sneak back down the stair, this gestur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter