Prologue

Silent Love

Why are you so quiet? Are you like this at home too? Do you have any friends? 

Those questions have haunted me since I can remember. What's the big deal if I talk or not? That's the thing about people, they're always curious. They dig their noses into places where they don't belong. I know that I don't talk. I don't need to be reminded daily. No, I do not have a problem. No, I do not need to see a therapist. No, I am not being bullied. I'm a normal guy who just wishes not to interact with anyone. I do have my reasons of course. Everybody has their reasons. I had a bad experience with people so I wish to never interact with anybody again. What experience could be so bad that ruined me? Well first of all, I am not ruined. My life is perfectly fine this way. Second of all, I got stabbed in the back by the person I trusted the most. I will never trust anyone ever again.

I may be immature. People think I'm childish for never leaving my apartment while others think I am insane. Here's the thing: I don't care. I know that the neighbors talk gossip about me. They have sure spread a lot of rumors about me. The one I get emailed the most is that I am a spy. Which is completely ridiculous. Others say I am a homoual and ashamed. As a matter of fact, I am a homoual but I am surely not ashamed. I like what I like. What is there to be ashamed of? Moving on, I like being in my apartment. It is my asylum. I mean sure, I am missing out on a lot of things that go in the outside world but it's a sacrifice I had to make. I do dream of traveling and writing my books all over the world but I just don't. There is nothing stopping me from leaving but at the same time I have millions of reasons to not leave, in which, those reasons always win. It's not that I am afraid. It what I said earlier: I don't trust people.

Do I believe in love? Of course I do, all I do is write romance novels. But being in my situation I don't think love is possible in my case. I don't think I could ever let anyone in my life. Not anyone...ever. (At least not yet)

Being alone means not getting hurt. Being alone means no problems and no drama. It means not getting rejected. Being alone is a thousand times better than being with people who just pretend to be a friend. Friends just use the crap out of you until they find someone better. Someone who is better looking, smarter and someone who they want to take advantage of. Thats what so called friends are for. They take advantage of you then throw you away. I rather not deal with any of that bull.

To get to the point: I hate people. There was a point in my life where I had someone but thanks to them I am where I am today.

I, Huang Zitao, twenty-four years old, hate people and everything to do with them. I recommend not falling in love with me because you will just end up disappointed. That being said, I wish for everyone to enjoy my next novel: Love is Forever, Right? The story may or may not be about me. Well let's just say it's based on a true story...