Angel’s Sacrifice - part 7

Angel’s Sacrifice

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Henry was back in his old gloomy self, and Jongwoon blamed himself for it.

 

“dad, don’t blame yourself, it has nothing to do with you”

 

“Henry, you can’t fool me! What is wrong?”

 

Henry was all silent.

 

“girls?”

 

Henry kept silent.

 

“I lost my first love way back in high school”

 

Henry looked at him for a moment

 

“she committed suicide after our prom”

 

somehow, the story was familiar to Henry.

 

“we loved each other but our parents disapprove of our love”

 

“why?”

 

Finally Henry said something. Jongwoon smiled and looked up at the ceiling

 

“our family were bitter business rivals.. it was like romeo and Juliet”

 

“she killed herself and you?”

 

“I did try to commit suicide you know!”

 

“what happened?”

 

“my parents kept me under guards and I became rebellious”

 

“why the sudden change?”

 

“your mom saved me and introduced me to God, she was my angel”

 

“is that why you are a workaholic?”

 

“partly..”

 

“where’s the other part?”

 

“it’s because I want to give you a better future”

 

“stop the cliché”

 

“I’m sorry..”

 

“for what dad?”

 

“making you stop playing the piano and violin”

 

“it’s ok…”

 

“no it’s not! Look, the scores you found were my work, I written those back in high school for my first love”

 

“why keep it?”

 

“because it brings back so much memories, It was supposed to be our song, but she died, I never had the heart to finish it. When I heard you play it, I remembered her and I felt like I was cheating your mom”

 

“but you loved mom?’

 

“of course Henry, it’s just that First love never dies..”

 

“mom knew of this”

 

“of course, that’s why I feel like I’m cheating her..”

 

“you’re not..”

 

The two guys are now crying a little as they never had such an emotional talk ever. Jongwoon finally stood up and head for the door.

 

“Henry, don’t lock yourself in here.. you know, my first love always tell me, Love is a sacrifice, you should be willing to let go even if it hurts. Think about it Henry”

 

And he left his son to ponder on the words. Henry cried as soon as his father was out of the room. He recalled their first meeting, their sudden closeness and very brief encounter. It was short but it was the only time he needed to fall in love with an angel.

 

He finally took the courage to go down and help his dad with anything to keep his mind off of Ryeowook. He stopped in front of the living room and his father has to bring him back to earth. For there stood at the far side of the living room, was the piano and violin kept for so long.

 

“I want you to finish the song Henry”

 

He didn’t know what to say, but he eventually smiled and took a seat.

 

“only if you play the piano accompaniment”

 

His dad smiled and nodded in agreement.

 

For the first week of summer, Henry busied himself composing and finishing the song his dad had started and he’ll be finishing. Sunday afternoon came and finally, Henry played for his father, his hard work is now being put to the test, his father listened attentively as his son get lost in his musical world. Jongwoon answered the door to find Kangin with two girls, he led them into the living room.

 

“it’s been so long since I heard him play”

 

“yes Kangin, well I’ll leave you guys to talk, I’ll just get you something first”

 

“thank you and congratulations on your full recovery”

 

“oh thank you Kangin”

 

The three sat on the sofa as they listed to Henry play the composition; one of the girls somehow knew the song and hummed along. Henry heard the humming and soon stopped playing. He turned around to see KAngin with the two girls

 

“yoh Henry! Long time since I heard you play!”

 

Henry just shook his head in embarrassment

 

“you know my girl Leeteuk?”

 

Leeteuk smiled and she looked like a fallen angel. Henry nodded and soon his eyes were fixed on the girl beside her. HE was staring so much that the girl blushed and looked away.

 

“Henry!”

 

Kangin smacked Henry’s head

 

“how rude of you to stare at her like that!, anyway this is Leeteuk’s cousin, her name is Ryeowook”

 

And Ryeowook smiled at him

 

“you can call me wookie”

 

Henry smiled, stood up and walked towards Ryeowook. He took her hand, pulled her into an embrace and whispered in her ears..

 

“I thought you left me for good”

 

“I thought so too..”

 

Henry broke the embrace, stared into Ryeowook’s eyes and gently placed his lips on hers. She closed her eyes and responded back, even giving him access which he gladly took advantage of. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer and deepening the kiss as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

Leeteuk laced her fingers with Kangin’s and she leaned her head onto his. Kangin placed a kiss on her head.

 

“Remember the day I opened my eyes and saw you?”

 

“I know.. you thought you were dead seeing an angel”

 

“that was before our lips met, and I knew it wasn’t a dream”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Siwon, Kyuhyun, Minnie and Mimi watched them from afar; The two girls were teary eyed at the reunion.

 

“Master Siwon, why put Ryeowook in such a position?”

 

“you know Kyu, She was similar to Leeteuk-sshi”

 

“so you knew from the start that this will happen?”

 

Siwon nodded and took a deep breath.

 

“When Ryeowook came, I just lost my favorite angel leeteuk. To me, Ryeowook was a gem and I am willing to do everything to keep her safe. But He has other plans and knowing Ryeowook’s nature, she would fall so easily and sacrifice everything at any cost so I handed the case to you”

 

“but HE knew better”

 

Siwon nodded again

 

He made it a little more difficult for Ryeowook..”

 

“why, did Leeteuk had an easier time?”

 

“you see, when Leeteuk was assigned to Kangin, she immediately told me she can’t handle it since she fell for him at the first sight. I told her I couldn’t do anything. She was forced to carry on but when Kangin had the accident, she pleaded that she’ll sacrifice anything, including her life to save him. He was so moved with the sacrifice that He granted her wish to save kangin’s life and was even rewarded her life back as a human.”

 

“I see, if you hadn’t stopped the plan, Ryeowook and Henry wouldn’t experience such..”

 

“but then again.. I can’t keep her to myself.. she is needed there..”

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-