Angel’s Sacrifice - part 6

Angel’s Sacrifice

 

Henry was in the hospital talking to the attending Physician. Apparently, the reason why he wanted to spend time with his son Is that he is suffering from colon cancer and has only a few months to live. It was a little too late for medication and only a miracle can save him. Henry feared for the worst, and he knew it’ll come anytime. His mind was focused on his dad and he cried in his bed, for wasted time and broken promises, he’ll be alone once again

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ryeowook paced around Henry’s bedroom, she was thinking too hard. Her friend Kyuhyun appeared before her and asked her what is the matter. She looked at him with tearful eyes and started to cry as if the world will end today.

 

“Kyuhyun!”

 

“save him!”

 

“who?”

 

“Henry’s dad!”

 

“you know only He can do it.. we have no power over that kind of situations”

 

“but, it means a lot to me”

 

“why?”

 

It took a lot of efforts to calm herself but eventually Ryeowook did. And with a concerned look, she answered Kyuhyun’s question.

 

“Because I love him!”

 

“You know you can’t fall in love! It’s against the rules!”

 

“but I’m willing to break any rules!”

 

“for a human?! Wookie you are insane!”

 

“can’t you see? I can’t loose him twice!”

 

“what are you saying!”

 

“kyuhyun, Henry is Yesung’s son! I’m in love with my ex-boyfriend’s son! And I love them both!”

 

Ryeowook fell to her feet and cried. She had a hard time fighting against the feeling, and now it becomes more complicated. Kyuhyun felt pity and he was determined to help wookie in any way he can.

 

“there is one way, but you have to sacrifice a lot”

 

Ryeowook looked up with hope in her eyes”

 

“I’ll do anything”

 

Kyuhyun sat on the bed and Ryeowook did the same.

 

“once there was a tale about an angel who fell in love with a human. She fell so hard that when the guy was involved in a serious sport related accident, she was devastated. There was no way to save his life but the angel was determined to save him no matter what. And she took her own life to save him”

 

“but..”

 

“we all know that an angel’s life is a valuable sacrifice, and that angel did what her instinct told her, give her own life for the one she loves..”

 

“what happened to her?”

 

“no one knew, her lover’s life was spared but at the cost of hers”

 

“but if I do that.. then I’ll leave Henry”

 

“you’ll have to chose Wookie, save your first love or stay with your latest love. I can’t help you making a decision, you alone can only decide for yourself but wookie, make a decision you’ll least regret!”

 

And so Kyuhyun left the confused Ryeowook. She love both and can never choose but somehow she had to do so. She cried and thought hard. She went out of the room and into the kitchen with all the broken glass lying on the floor. She ran her hand on top of the counter and grabbed the chef’s knife. She stared at it for a while and flashbacks started to appear.

 

I died once, this is not the first time

 

With one final smile, she took the knife and impaled herself.

 

“I love you both” She muttered before taking her last breath.

She lay silently on the floor, lifeless. Siwon appeared and took her away, with tears in his eyes.

 

“why do this wookie?”

 

Siwon may not say it to his students, but he loved each and every one of them, unconditionally. He took care of these souls from the time they were clueless to the time they became angels. God must be their creator, but he was their caretaker, babysitter, their teacher.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Jongwoon saw a very bright light and a girl in white standing before him. It was his wife, she smiled as she welcome him with a kiss. They had a little conversation when she asked him to leave.

 

“but I’m staying..”

 

“no you can’t leave Henry alone”

 

“but..”

 

“it’s not your time yet..”

 

“but the doctor said..”

 

“a miracle Jongwoon..”

 

“but I don’t understand”

 

“an angel sacrificed her life for you so please don’t waste it”

 

“an angel?”

 

“say hello to Wookie for me!”

 

“Wookie?”

 

Jongwoon wanted to stay but he was being back to reality and he finally opened his eyes to see Henry sleeping by his side.

 

“Henry?”

 

Henry gazed sleepily at his father before opening his eyes as wide as he could and hugged the former.

 

“Dad! You are awake.. the doctors.. the doctors..”

 

The doctors arrived a few minutes later for diagnostics. They were surprised at the findings, Jongwoon was responding well to the treatment and is making huge recovery, They concluded that he’ll recover 100%. Henry was so excited that he wanted to tell someone, someone very close to his heart, Ryeowook.

 

He went back to their house and started looking for Ryeowook only to find a guy sitting on his bed staring at him.

 

“Who are you”

 

“my name is of no importance to you”

 

“what are you doing here?”

 

“I’ll just be informing you that Ryeowook is no longer assigned to you and she is relieved from her duties”

 

“but can I talk to her, just this once.. for the last time at least”

 

“I’m afraid I am in no position to do so”

 

And with a blink of an eye, Henry was all alone in his bedroom. He cried and fell on his feet, leaning on the bed, clutching his aching heart.

 

“I thought you’ll never leave me! Why!?!?!? Why do you have to leave? Why can’t you stay with me, be at my side? Why can’t you fall in love with me.. why do I have to fall for you!”

 

“why is it so wrong?”